Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• salmon wrote: View Post
    "However you need to realize...". Nope, it would seem evident that I don't need to realize anything you've got to give. Please try and learn the game better before trying to correct me, then we might be able to have a useful discussion.
    So you're completely discounting individual coverages??

I'm confused as to what you are trying to grill me about

Comment

• DD's midrange shot has actually gotten worse since last season. if thats what we're relying on in the playoffs then god help us.

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
        23.8 PTS, 4.9 REB, 5 AST, 42% FG, 29% 3pt
        WTF those are solid if he could only get his FG% up he wold be averaging like 25-26pts or more assists
        Abbas wrote:

First of all i was my own source

Comment

• iblastoff wrote: View Post
          DD's midrange shot has actually gotten worse since last season. if thats what we're relying on in the playoffs then god help us.
          It's sad when people can't or won't acknowledge what is happening on the court, but use/need stats to evaluate a player, but carry on dissing/ridiculing our all star if that helps you feel better.

Comment

• salmon wrote: View Post
            It's sad when people can't or won't acknowledge what is happening on the court, but use/need stats to evaluate a player, but carry on dissing/ridiculing our all star if that helps you feel better.
            hey man. learn more about basketball and then maybe we can talk on a similar level. i can write some random snarky tidbits in my replies on a basketball forum in order to validate my self worth too!

Comment

learn more about basketball
              Guys, can we at least avoid comments like this, they don't help anybody.

Thanks!

Comment

• joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
                Guys, can we at least avoid comments like this, they don't help anybody.

Thanks!
                i was just repeating what salmon was basically saying. i forgot to tell people they're a child too though.

salmon wrote: View Post
                "^thanks for that insight sherlock" - you're welcome child, but doesn't seem you learned anything from it. You're loss.

"However you need to realize...". Nope, it would seem evident that I don't need to realize anything you've got to give. Please try and learn the game better before trying to correct me, then we might be able to have a useful discussion.

Comment

i was just repeating what salmon was basically saying. i forgot to tell people they're a child too though.
                  Which was in response to an equally snarky comment from OSC... neither of which were aimed at you.

And while his response to your comment wasn't completely tactful, I believe he took issue with the fact that you made a pretty sweeping blanket statement of "Demars midrange has actually gotten worse" without really backing that up ... quickly looking at the stats, his midrange shot has fallen off by about 0.2% from last year, which I would hardly call "worse" considering the added attention he receives from the opposing defenses.

I believe the argument was that Demar is still one of the better midrange shooters in the league and if teams tend to force shooters into midrange shots in the playoffs, at least Demar is comfortable shooting it.

Comment

• joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
                    I believe the argument was that Demar is still one of the better midrange shooters in the league and if teams tend to force shooters into midrange shots in the playoffs, at least Demar is comfortable shooting it.
                    The thing is, DD isn't one of the "better midranged shooters in the league"

He takes the Second most shots in the league from 15-19 ft (LA first), but is 41st in the league in percentage (of players who have attempted more than 100 shots from 15-19ft) at 39.7%.

That isn't a very nice ratio..

In the playoffs, teams will pack the paint, and start crowding his mid range and if he settles for the mid range we are in trouble. If he had the three point shot he could help space out his own offense and team will let him take that mid ranged shot under less pressure, and he will have his "better" percentage

Comment

• Abbas wrote: View Post
                      WTF those are solid if he could only get his FG% up he wold be averaging like 25-26pts or more assists
                      I don't see his FG% increasing at this kind of usage.

I'd prefer us to get another player who can score better than him, and have derozan be the #2 guy with 15-16 shot attempts instead of 18-19.

I think he could give us like 20-4-4 in that role with above league average efficiency which would be great.

Comment

• OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
                        The thing is, DD isn't one of the "better midranged shooters in the league"

He takes the Second most shots in the league from 15-19 ft (LA first), but is 41st in the league in percentage (of players who have attempted more than 100 shots from 15-19ft) at 39.7%.

That isn't a very nice ratio..

In the playoffs, teams will pack the paint, and start crowding his mid range and if he settles for the mid range we are in trouble. If he had the three point shot he could help space out his own offense and team will let him take that mid ranged shot under less pressure, and he will have his "better" percentage
                        That's actually not true. Mid-range tends to be the shot that's most available in the playoffs. Part of the reason Miami was able to come back and beat the Spurs is because LBJ started killing it from mid-range.

Comment

• imanshumpert wrote: View Post
                          That's actually not true. Mid-range tends to be the shot that's most available in the playoffs. Part of the reason Miami was able to come back and beat the Spurs is because LBJ started killing it from mid-range.
                          I keep trying to tell people this. That is pretty much the sole reason Miami beat the Spurs in that 7th game. Both Wade and Lebron were knocking down shot after shot from the midrange. I truly thought the Spurs were going to win because I was like they aren't going to keep this up all game but they did. It's almost like Wade and James decided to practice their midrange all night because they knew that's what the Spurs would give them. No one is saying that's the shot any team should be looking to take. Obviously taking the three and going to the basket are the better shots but the further you get into the playoffs the harder and harder it becomes to get those shots consistently. Having someone who can hit that shot is important. Because other than DD we really don't have anyone other than Patrick Patterson that can hit that shot with any consistency. It's almost like you guys don't watch the playoffs or something. Do you really think against an Indiana or a Miami, if we get to the second round, we're going to be able to get to the basket and take threes at will? It's not that easy and if you think we can then you haven't been watching their defense and you haven't watched them in the playoffs.
                          I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• imanshumpert wrote: View Post
                            GLF wrote: View Post
                            I keep trying to tell people this. That is pretty much the sole reason Miami beat the Spurs in that 7th game. Both Wade and Lebron were knocking down shot after shot from the midrange. I truly thought the Spurs were going to win because I was like they aren't going to keep this up all game but they did. It's almost like Wade and James decided to practice their midrange all night because they knew that's what the Spurs would give them. No one is saying that's the shot any team should be looking to take. Obviously taking the three and going to the basket are the better shots but the further you get into the playoffs the harder and harder it becomes to get those shots consistently. Having someone who can hit that shot is important. Because other than DD we really don't have anyone other than Patrick Patterson that can hit that shot with any consistency. It's almost like you guys don't watch the playoffs or something. Do you really think against an Indiana or a Miami, if we get to the second round, we're going to be able to get to the basket and take threes at will? It's not that easy and if you think we can then you haven't been watching their defense and you haven't watched them in the playoffs.
                            The mid ranged is available because team's take away the THREE and the PAINT, but what if there is no THREE to take away...you can then crowd the mid range and the paint and the court will become extremely crowded for DD.

The Spurs took away three point shooting from a lot of people (including LeBron), and let them have the mid range game.

Who are they going to take the three away from on the Raps? Ross and Lowry (and even then Ross is inconsistent). Therefor teams can crowd the mid range because the three isn't much of a threat. Look at the Raps this past road trip, we struggled shooting the three and it hurt us badly

Comment

• Its truly embarrassing that we finally have an all-star in our poll gives Demar a C on the season. Get your heads out of your asses raptor fans.

Comment

• Burnit482 wrote: View Post
                                Its truly embarrassing that we finally have an all-star in our poll gives Demar a C on the season. Get your heads out of your asses raptor fans.
                                I think that was from a previous season.

Comment

Working...
                                X