Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Burnit482 wrote: View Post
    Its truly embarrassing that we finally have an all-star in our poll gives Demar a C on the season. Get your heads out of your asses raptor fans.
    That poll was made after last season...
    You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

• Jumping to conclusions......
      What they got to say now? Nothing they can say now. Mobbin' on the low. Winnin' on the low
      The city embraced me, made me feel at home. The only difference [between Compton and Toronto] for me is the cold. -DeMar
      No Where Near the South Side #WeTheNorth

Comment

• So far this season and probably when season ends DeMar is an A- to an A+ hes brought it!

Comment

• OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
          The mid ranged is available because team's take away the THREE and the PAINT, but what if there is no THREE to take away...you can then crowd the mid range and the paint and the court will become extremely crowded for DD.

The Spurs took away three point shooting from a lot of people (including LeBron), and let them have the mid range game.

Who are they going to take the three away from on the Raps? Ross and Lowry (and even then Ross is inconsistent). Therefor teams can crowd the mid range because the three isn't much of a threat. Look at the Raps this past road trip, we struggled shooting the three and it hurt us badly
          Well Demar isn't going to all of a sudden develop a three point shot during the season so he needs to continue to work in the midrange area. If they focus on taking Demar's midrange away too much hopefully he can use that to help create opportunities for others like he's been doing lately. At the end of the day we have no chance against Miami or Indiana so it really wouldn't matter if Demar could hit the three consistently or not. It would help but we would still lose.
          I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
            The mid ranged is available because team's take away the THREE and the PAINT, but what if there is no THREE to take away...you can then crowd the mid range and the paint and the court will become extremely crowded for DD.

The Spurs took away three point shooting from a lot of people (including LeBron), and let them have the mid range game.

Who are they going to take the three away from on the Raps? Ross and Lowry (and even then Ross is inconsistent). Therefor teams can crowd the mid range because the three isn't much of a threat. Look at the Raps this past road trip, we struggled shooting the three and it hurt us badly
            Basketball is a 5 on 5 sport. If you crowd mid-range and the paint just because of DeRozan (no team would do that btw lol) guys like Ross, Lowry, 2Pat, etc are going to be left wide open on the perimeter.

I'm not a fan of DeRozan's iso mid-range shots from 15-19 feet, but what I do like are his mid-range jumpers coming off screens from like 10-15 feet. These could be very valuable in the playoffs when teams are giving you that area on the floor consistently.

By the way, DeRozan's 3pt shooting isn't so bad that you can just ignore him out there. He shoots over 40% from the corner 3 and 33% from straight away. It's those wing threes that he can't hit to save his life (I'm still not sure why he hasn't been told to never take those shots). So you actually can use him to space the floor.

Just to make it clear that he is a threat from the corners:

Stephen Curry from corner 3: 21-51 (41.1%)
            DeMar DeRozan from corner 3: 25-59 (42.3%)
            Last edited by imanshumpert; Sun Feb 9, 2014, 06:52 PM.

Comment

• I think he's starting to find some consistency in his 3 pointer.

He's hitting around 1 per game, and I think he's gaining confidence in the shot.

He's hit 6 in his last 5 games.

@shumpert I agree about his mid range of screens. When he knocks them down, it opens up the whole floor.
              I know this may be a bit controversial but I think the Raptors have proven that they're the best team in the NBA from Canada
              -random Facebook user. 2016

Comment

• imanshumpert wrote: View Post
                Stephen Curry from corner 3: 21-51 (41.1%)
                DeMar DeRozan from corner 3: 25-59 (42.3%)
                Wow.
                The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

• Everything Demar Derozan

YoungGunRaptor wrote: View Post
                  I think he's starting to find some consistency in his 3 pointer.

He's hitting around 1 per game, and I think he's gaining confidence in the shot.

He's hit 6 in his last 5 games.

@shumpert I agree about his mid range of screens. When he knocks them down, it opens up the whole floor.
                  Not really. He's just taking more attempts per game than he did last year. It's pretty much at the same ratio and success rate as his previous season.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

• iblastoff wrote: View Post
                    Not really. He's just taking more attempts per game than he did last year. It's pretty much at the same ratio and success rate as his previous season.

Well he's very obviously better from the corners. And still pretty (similarly) bad from the top and extended elbows. But I'm pretty happy with 40+% from the corners.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Comment

Seriously? Geezus you guys. 31.5% is not the same as 28%.
                      And as wmcj points out, 44.2% from the corners.

Back up your statements with a little bit of substance!

Comment

wow, what a terrible post. I am sorry, I respect you, but he is above 30%. At 33%, a 3pt shot is worth the same as shooting 50% from 2pts.

Comment

Higher success rate = higher percentage.
                          You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

• Apparently...

50% = 46.5%
                            40% = 36.5%
                            etc,etc.

According to iblastoff, they are the same ratios!! Someone needs to publish this and get their nobel prize, this will flip everything we know about math on its head!

Comment

• enlightenment wrote: View Post
                              wow, what a terrible post. I am sorry, I respect you, but he is above 30%. At 33%, a 3pt shot is worth the same as shooting 50% from 2pts.
                              hes not shooting 33% from 3. as joey would put it, 31.5 is not the same as 33%!

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
                              Seriously? Geezus you guys. 31.5% is not the same as 28%.
                              And as wmcj points out, 44.2% from the corners.

Back up your statements with a little bit of substance!
                              its 28.3% but i can see why leaving that little insignificant digit out but including the .5 on the 31 makes it seem like a larger gap than it is.

i definitely give credit to him improving at the corner 3s. thats great. too bad this year hes actually gotten worse from the top and wings from 26.37FG% last year to 22.08% this year AND where his shot distribution unfortunately has also increased from 6.83% to 9.75% this year.

one single stat still needs context. comparing corner 3's with stephen curry and having demar come out on top looks very dramatic. then you compare their actual shot charts and realize it really isn't as 'wow' as you'd think.

demar:

curry:

Comment

its 28.3% but i can see why leaving that little insignificant digit out but including the .5 on the 31 makes it seem like a larger gap than it is.

i definitely give credit to him improving at the corner 3s. thats great. too bad this year hes actually gotten worse from the top and wings from 26.37FG% last year to 22.08% this year AND where his shot distribution unfortunately has also increased from 6.83% to 9.75% this year.

one single stat still needs context. comparing corner 3's with stephen curry and having demar come out on top looks very dramatic. then you compare their actual shot charts and realize it really isn't as 'wow' as you'd think.
                                You are just evading having to face how bad your post was.
                                3.2% is a big deal in the NBA.

When it comes to the corners, no one was comparing anything else and its a red herring to do so. What is wow is the fact that Demar has the ABILITY to hit 3s in the corner at a rate that rivals one of the best 3pt shooters (and on more attempts).

Comment

Working...
                                X