No announcement yet.

Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are you kidding me??!! Why in the world would NJ do this? Not a hope in hell... Sorry

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
      If NJ will not give up Lopez to get Carmelo Anthony I doubt they are interested in DD.

Also, Lopez is not a big bruiser. He is averaging 6.4rebs a game. I can't remember where I read it but he was described as a finese big man.
      I remember when Love played at UCLA and would go up against the Lopez brothers basically often by himself. He matched up pretty good against both of them at the same time.
      Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
      Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

• Multipaul wrote:
        The salaries and contracts match I believe.

I think with the addition of Bayless and the play of Weems, we could consider this type of deal to get another big bruiser?
        You need to look at these young developmental guys like NFL receivers. You need to give them at least three years before you can get a good feel for where they're headed. DeRozan is what, 21? Give it time. Wade, for example, didn't enter the league until age 23.

Comment

• Now Demar for Shannon Brown would be a good deal for the Raptors but no way that Kobe will let the Lakers trade Brown at this point.

However, Brown does have a "Player Option" for 2011-12.

He is shooting over 50% on his threes this season in about 4 attempts per game; i.e. 19 minutes.
          Last edited by Buddahfan; Thu Nov 25, 2010, 06:47 PM.
          Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
          Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

• Multipaul wrote: View Post
            I don't think it's "stupid"... in terms of ability to play their assigned position, Lopez is better at his than Dero at his. It's a matter of who has more "upside potential" and what position we need
            Just remember when you were the only one supportive of Bargnani before this season began, now everybody LOOOVES him; typical man. It will be the same thing when D-Rex turns phenom.

Comment

• Buddahfan wrote: View Post
              Now Demar for Shannon Brown would be a good deal for the Raptors but no way that Kobe will let the Lakers trade Brown at this point.

However, Brown does have a "Player Option" for 2011-12.

He is shooting over 50% on his threes this season in about 4 attempts per game; i.e. 19 minutes.
              Now that would be a no brainer eh? Dude has a lethal 3 and stays very composed and focused in crunch time. I bet Larry Brown is missing that guy right about now...Morrison..not so much..

Comment

• No.............

But who says No to Arenas for Barbosa, Wright and $$$?

Comment

• DirtyMikeSeaver wrote: View Post
                  No.............

I say no for two reasons:

I would want no part of Arenas and the trade would not work anyways.

Comment

• DirtyMikeSeaver wrote: View Post
                    No.............

I do. Barbosa has played for a number of very very good teams in the NBA and Internationally. To say that Arenas has issues, including a history of bad injuries is an understatement to say the least.

Comment

• i think that derozan's intangibles are more than his skills right now. His love for TO, work ethic, and Youngonez centerpiece status are more than his 14 pts per game....Even if Lopez is talented, Derozan is the raptors main attraction. It should stay that way

Comment

• Multipaul wrote: View Post
                        Arggg..we've already had one of those guys before...
                        we don't still have one?

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
                          I say no for two reasons:

I would want no part of Arenas and the trade would not work anyways.
                          Just spitballing...

Raps seem to want to go with speed, especially with the Barbosa/Bayless combo coming off the bench. Arenas is a risk, but he's been playing relatively well and his knee issues seem to be over. And Arenas, if healthy, is better than Barbosa (people forget this guy was a Top 10 talent 4 yrs ago and teams like Toronto have to take a risk to get something like that). Plus I think Barbosa probably goes after his contract is up.

(BTW, can't they use part of the trade exception to make it work? Or it isn't possible? I get confused.... And personally, I would LOVE to see them go after OJ Mayo, but...)

Comment

• Hey people....many are displaying the same mo as when playing a video game or play fantasy. Trade him... acquire him...dump him. This is DD's second year for C's sakes. The guy has always been a project and drafted at #9 because of his potential and athleticism. He works hard is open to coaching, likes TO from what I gather and is a team guy. What more do you want especially when the team is in rebuild mode. Changing your players like Boston did doesn't happen all the time. Having an ex Celtic as gm of Minnesota helps for one. DD needs at least another season minimum before one can reasonably assess his value to a still evolving team. Another v. important factor in the proposed trade...a good big man is far more difficult to find than a good SG...and it becomes more rare as the superlative increases. So, with all respect, the NJ Nets would have to be managed by idiots to consider that deal right now unless of course Lopez has a terrible rash we dont know about.

Comment

• This isnt in a fantasy league thread? Lopez plays a similar game as Bargs so I guess you would move Bargs as well but how does NJ benefit from having DD? I doubt they do. They have a productive 4/5 to replace Lopez? No? So they lose a big, their best player for a 2 guard? This makes no sense.

Comment

• Can I get Jessica Alba for 50 bucks?

Comment

Working...
                                X