Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
    Which was stated in my post, and expanded on that these types of plays can be seen in many games this season and past seasons. Please read my full post before responding with this. You are a moderator, and therefor I expect better from you than than the average poster.
    Oh, I'm sorry, which part did I miss? Where 'you' (The Starters) expanded upon the Pelicans game ... and didn't reference any other game what so ever? That's you saying "these types of plays can be seen in many games this season and past seasons"? Weird.

OH.. you must be referring to "Dude is a dud on defense and I don't like what I see night in night out" as you expanding upon this as "All season and past seasons"... my bad.

Must have been missed while trying to dodge your bullshit claim of "offense is easiest when down 20+, which is when we see DD put up his best runs."

Buut, luckily, I could care less what you 'expect' from me. So there is that.

Comment

• starting to think that OldSkoolCool might be akashsingh's attention seeking twin brother. Some of these outlandish claims/statements are getting to the point of trolling for attention, not playing devil's advocate. Go hug a CJ Miles doll.

Comment

• joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
        Oh, I'm sorry, which part did I miss? Where 'you' (The Starters) expanded upon the Pelicans game ... and didn't reference any other game what so ever? That's you saying "these types of plays can be seen in many games this season and past seasons"? Weird.
        Do you want me to list EVERY game the raps play with video evidence?? Because he makes these those types of plays every game, its just that there was a prime EXAMPLE on an episode of The Starters. It was a convenient video clip to back up the subjective argument that "DD is a bad defender".

Let me re-post what I said and break it down for you and help your reading comprehension. -This is expanding on the fact that DD is a bad defender-

OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
        Watch the few little clips they put together...mostly DD was guarding Evans and got absolutely destroyed, no effort, slow, bad rotations, blaming teammates, low IQ, no hustle, no challenge, no heart. Dude is a dud on defense and I don't like what I see night in night out.
        1) "Clips" - def. meaning excerpts, meaning examples.
        2) night in and night out - every game, apply clips to larger field of study, which is applicable in this case since DD has been a known defensive weak point. The clips are the examples of what we see every night from him defensively. Night in and night out = this season and past seasons. These are the same things. I'm not expanding.

Put these 2 things together and you get the very simplified format for any scientific journal (because this is a forum, on the interwebz). 1) statement 2) proof 3) application

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
        Must have been missed while trying to dodge your bullshit claim of "offense is easiest when down 20+, which is when we see DD put up his best runs."

***Buut, luckily, I could care less what you 'expect' from me. So there is that.***
        Well considering that this season 2 of his top 3 scoring nights have come in games where we have been down massively from the first half and DD comes out and has a good scoring second half against teams that have already packed it in is not as much of a "bullshit claim" as you think it is.

***the expectations of a Moderator are to be a civil responder who does not attack posts wrongly. You did. I pointed it out.

Comment

***the expectations of a Moderator are to be a civil responder who does not attack posts wrongly. You did. I pointed it out.
          I felt my first response was very civil actually. It got less so upon your response.

And it's SUPER Moderator. Please and thank you. (obviously just a little joke...)
          Last edited by Joey; Sat Feb 15, 2014, 06:06 PM.

Comment

And I'm tired of hearing that he is the baby jesus.

I'm playing devils advocate and you guys can't seem to understand that your home boy DD just isn't as good as your lofty statements.
            I'm not sure what the lofty statements I made are? I've certainly criticized him in the past and probably will again in the future. I've talked about trading him and am still open to the idea depending on the return. My stance has always been somewhere in the middle of the two extremes that seem to butt heads over the guy so often on the board; I don't think he's the replaceable ball hog that conned BC into giving him an extension nor was I one of the people who wanted to list him as a top 5 SG every time he strung together a good couple of games.

He's still got his homers on this site, and there are certainly still posters that overrate him to varying levels. I get that you are frustrated with them. But as something of an outsider to this whole debate it's pretty obvious that you're trying way too hard to come up with stuff now just to prove them wrong.
            Last edited by Fully; Sat Feb 15, 2014, 07:38 PM.

Comment

• Ok OldSkoolCool.
              We get it. You don't think he's a good enough player for this team.
              No one, absolutely no one else agree's with you.
              You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

• So anyways ………

What type of player would you want for this team as a 1a or 1b option on offense to pair alongside DeMar -- which will take the Raptors over the top into possible contention status?

I'm convinced that DeMar can be a go to scorer on a championship team (notice how I didn't say #1 option)

Sent from my C6506 using Tapatalk
                “I don’t create controversies. They’re there long before I open my mouth. I just bring them to your attention.”

-- Charles Barkley

Comment

• Btw, Lowry struggles with consistency too. There will be games where he's the clear MVP but there are some where he has little impact too, esp on the road. DeMar carries our team when no one else wants to do anything. He is the only player who can consistently take and make shots for himself (outside of Lowry)

“I don’t create controversies. They’re there long before I open my mouth. I just bring them to your attention.”

-- Charles Barkley

Comment

• Somewhere between OSC and the swarm of DeRozan blind loyalists lies the truth.

If the argument is he is an all-star so he is incredible, stop criticizing well start comparing him to other all stars in more than just points per game. I notice that the biggest DeRozan supporters are often the ones who ignore or discredit the use of advanced stats.

But with that said I think he deserves to be an all-star, no question, but Lowry no question is MVP of this team. Politics and popularity are as ever present in the NBA as elsewhere in life.

I believe DD is the exception to the rule. I spent a lot of time talking about he is what he is last summer and that was quite simply wrong. He might get even better - who knows. But I think he has reached a level where to reach the next one it is about decisions and consistency, in my opinion. His skills like everyone else's could get better but I don't see that as the obstacle to get over the next hurdle.

I've always stated I like DD as a person from what we see of him. He has strong family values, he hypes Toronto, and he has a tremendous work ethic. So many want to spout hate and hater when confronted with any criticisms when that simply is not true. Here is the reality for me: I hate his game.... Not as much as in previous seasons but still do hate parts of his game. I hate long 2s, I hate an abundance of ISO, I hate my turn your turn, I hate shying away from the dirty work (but he has improved here), I hate watching him routinely guard other teams weaker wings. But I am encouraged by growth in his game such as ability to find others, getting on the glass, no longer an eye sore on D, well, usually.

It is tough to have critical discussions in sports. For a lot of people they are emotionally invested.

Comment

• Fully wrote: View Post
                      I'm not sure what the lofty statements I made are? I've certainly criticized him in the past and probably will again in the future. I've talked about trading him and am still open to the idea depending on the return. My stance has always been somewhere in the middle of the two extremes that seem to butt head over the guy so often on the board; I don't think he's the replaceable ball hog that conned BC into giving him an extension nor was I one of the people who wanted to list him as a top 5 SG every time he strung together a good couple of games.

He's still got his homers on this site, and there are certainly still posters that overrate him to varying levels. I get that you are frustrated with them. But as something of an outsider to this whole debate it's pretty obvious that you're trying way too hard to come up with stuff now just to prove them wrong.
                      I think that is fair....especially the bold.

Comment

• Ball movement is like dancing; there's a rhythm to it but it's not always easy especially when you need 5 guys to be on the same page; much like defense, there will be slippage.

Alot of our players need others to create opportunities for them via ball movement. On the road especially, it's harder to keep it moving. DeMar can now make something happen when the ball isn't moving but at the same time, he makes good reads & passes when that's the right read.

I think that's where his value really is. He's not one dimensional anymore.

-- Charles Barkley

Comment

• torch19 wrote: View Post
                          Ball movement is like dancing; there's a rhythm to it but it's not always easy especially when you need 5 guys to be on the same page; much like defense, there will be slippage.

Alot of our players need others to create opportunities for them via ball movement. On the road especially, it's harder to keep it moving. DeMar can now make something happen when the ball isn't moving but at the same time, he makes good reads & passes when that's the right read.

I think that's where his value really is. He's not one dimensional anymore.

Definitely agree with the bold.

That is a super important point as well.

Love him or not the numbers are still conclusively he is an inefficient scorer/volume scorer. His contributing in other areas is vital when making $9.5m

Comment

• Now you see why i called these guys out???

OldSkoolnotcool and his friends (you know who they are) have been "hating" on Demar for a while now... I laugh when I read some of their comments....

I just ignore them now....They were proven wrong, ate crow and now a few are still trying to validate their previous opinions. MEH

Enjoy NBA all-star weekend everyone.

Comment

• special1 wrote: View Post
                              Now you see why i called these guys out???

OldSkoolnotcool and his friends (you know who they are) have been "hating" on Demar for a while now... I laugh when I read some of their comments....

I just ignore them now....They were proven wrong, ate crow and now a few are still trying to validate their previous opinions. MEH

Enjoy NBA all-star weekend everyone.
                              still on about this? get over it buddy. its getting really pathetic.

Comment

• iblastoff wrote: View Post
                                still on about this? get over it buddy. its getting really pathetic.
                                No, the pathetic part is people incessantly clinging to nitpicking details to validate their old stories, while the young man that's the target is a dream asset of this organization who has worked his way up to all star status, and continues to grow, while they are claiming the "constructive criticism" mantel, while dismissing the joy felt by many fans of the team, as nothing more than emotional attachment of blind loyalists.

Comment

Working...
                                X