Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Craig wrote: View Post
    well considering I said the same thing and he called it passive aggressive, Ithink yeah....

whatever.

Matt, that wasn't passive aggression.

You're being silly, so I am calling you out for it.
    Could you enlighten me on what I'm being called out for? I might be able to figure it out if you'd starting using Reply With Quote.

An old opinion that was proven to be wrong and has been acknowledged?

An old opinion that is still valid and true?

Refusing to acknowledge improvements and accomplishments including an all-star nod? (Because that would just be stupid on your part).

Feeling Lowry is the engine that drives this team?

Wondering how the Raptors as a team gets better from here on out?

Comment

• Akkerman wrote: View Post
      2 Things you have to respect about Demar:

1) His gym rat mentality and how he constantly improves every season we see him.

2) He's a great guy to have as the "face" of The Raptors, loves the city, popular, does lots of community work, and has had no off the court problems.

He seems like a great guy and as long as he keeps improving, he might by the end of it all have the best Raptor career of anyone.
      Exactly, these are the two things I love about him the most.

Comment

• Mr.Z wrote: View Post
        Would have never guessed even 5 months ago that DD would be playing this good
        Interesting to note that the only person who 'liked' this post was OldSkoolCool.

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
          Could you enlighten me on what I'm being called out for? I might be able to figure it out if you'd starting using Reply With Quote.

An old opinion that was proven to be wrong and has been acknowledged?

An old opinion that is still valid and true?

Refusing to acknowledge improvements and accomplishments including an all-star nod? (Because that would just be stupid on your part).

Feeling Lowry is the engine that drives this team?

Wondering how the Raptors as a team gets better from here on out?
          All of this Matt, this is what you are being called out for.

Too much... too much.

Comment

All of this Matt, this is what you are being called out for.

Too much... too much.
            I see.

I'm being called out for discussing, sharing, and debating ideas and opinions on an open Raptor forum.

Good on you Captain CallOut.

Comment

No sarcasm at all.
              Wow I'm actually shocked my comment kind of changed your mind a bit on somethings. I feel accomplished lol
              I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

I see.

I'm being called out for discussing, sharing, and debating ideas and opinions on an open Raptor forum.

Good on you Captain CallOut.

meh, too much drama.

wanna yap about Derozan, about how shitty he is, about how he's a hahaha "inefficient high volume chucker".... go ahead. I'm certainly not gonna write an essay to tell you why thats bollocks.

But it is.

And honestly, calm the f^%$ down princess, I didn't run over your dog, I just called ya out a little. Please don't be offended by that, its not anything more than that. Its just basketball chatter man.

Comment

It is tough to have critical discussions in sports. For a lot of people they are emotionally invested.

Comment

• CGarbs wrote: View Post
                    Thought I'd attempt to switch things up in this thread a bit:

I don't get to watch very many Raptors games(though follow religiously on my iphone when I can't watch), but I got to see the Raptors vs. Clippers game recently and saw things from Demar offensively I have never seen before! Demar had more of a point guard type hesitation dribble of which he was able to attack with in various ways as he faced up his defender, Also once he made his attack moves I noticed he was able to make some quick and low crossovers to shake up his attack angles. I saw this mainly in the 4th quarter as the Raps were trying to get back in it. My questions is: Has DeMar actually grown with his handles or was the Clipper defence just so soft that he could dribble more confidently than usual? Have any of you seen this development as well?
                    His handles haven't changed that much, he's just really understanding the game now to a level where any defense thrown at him doesn't phase him as much as it would have in his 3rd or 4th season.

Before we traded for Rudy, and during his tenture here, the double teams on top of the key always made Demar back out and reshuffle his handles and then pass it to Lowry or Rudy. He was always hesitant with his moves. Now its so fluid the way he moves using the screens and picks set up for him. He's really turned into a star.

Comment

meh, too much drama.

wanna yap about Derozan, about how shitty he is, about how he's a hahaha "inefficient high volume chucker".... go ahead. I'm certainly not gonna write an essay to tell you why thats bollocks.

But it is.

And honestly, calm the f^%$ down princess, I didn't run over your dog, I just called ya out a little. Please don't be offended by that, its not anything more than that. Its just basketball chatter man.
                      of course you're not gonna write an essay about why thats bollocks. you can't. because if its not some 10 paragraph diatribe about some irrelevant part of your life or just some boneheaded rude remark, you dont have much else to offer here.

Comment

• Of course, you're right.

perhaps try to settle down and understand context and style. As well, perhaps reserve your silly and misguided anger for posts that are directed toward you.....few of mine ever have been, as you rarely have anything even remotely remarkable to say, but still, i'm sure a day will come when you will get your moment. Until then, you're just arguing for arguments sake, and thats a fools game young man.

If you nee to know why Demar Derozan is much more that an inefficient volume shooter, there is google.com, or, about 300 posts on this very thread that explain, hence my reluctance to swim into those well travelled waters. it irks me that I have to actually point that out, but for you, anything man, I'm here to help you grow. Its my job as both your elder, and a person of more experience on the topic of discussion, and I am always happy to do it.

Comment

Of course, you're right.

perhaps try to settle down and understand context and style. As well, perhaps reserve your silly and misguided anger for posts that are directed toward you.....few of mine ever have been, as you rarely have anything even remotely remarkable to say, but still, i'm sure a day will come when you will get your moment. Until then, you're just arguing for arguments sake, and thats a fools game young man.

If you nee to know why Demar Derozan is much more that an inefficient volume shooter, there is google.com, or, about 300 posts on this very thread that explain, hence my reluctance to swim into those well travelled waters. it irks me that I have to actually point that out, but for you, anything man, I'm here to help you grow. Its my job as both your elder, and a person of more experience on the topic of discussion, and I am always happy to do it.

Sadly none of that experience or seniority has helped you have a sweet clue about most things you ramble about.

Comment

meh, too much drama.

But it is.

You should try and do the same you ass clown.

You don't have the right to call anyone out - nor do I for that matter. It is an open forum, ideas and discussion are why we're here.

But call me out? Really? Please. Someone who offers very little in the way of new ideas to a discussion doesn't call someone out. Someone who ends discussion when he is clearly wrong with a, "I don't care anyways" doesn't get to call someone out. Someone who makes a big deal about signing all the big free agents with the reasoning of well Brooklyn/NY/LA all pay huge amounts doesn't get to call someone out.

Why can't you call someone out?

Because you're a buffoon. Buffoons aren't permitted to call anyone out. Buffoons just make a lot of noise with little purpose. That is you Craig. You are ignorant in many of the topics discussed here and you openly admit it. Tough to take a call out from an ignorant buffoon who openly ignores anything outside his comfort zone and knowledge area.

By the way, DeRozan is inefficient and considering that is tied in to his consistency and decision making I'm glad that is my only complaint. He has come a long way.... much farther than I had ever thought possible and openly admit long before your "call out". Maybe when the day comes when you admit you are wrong rather than going on a bullshit rant about your age and experience you can call someone out. Maybe when you admit you are an idiot when using the payrolls of other teams to explain why the Raptors should spend you can can call someone out. Maybe when you take the time to learn what a statistic means rather than dismiss it because it doesn't jive with your opinion THEN you can call someone out.

Until then keep being an ignorant buffoon.
                            Last edited by mcHAPPY; Sun Feb 16, 2014, 09:08 PM.

Comment

• Chilling.

Comment

• Consider this…

-------------Kyrie Irving..........Demar
                                USG% ...... 28.9----------------- 28.3
                                ORTG ........108------------------ 109
                                DRTG .......110------------------- 105
                                OWS ...... 3.6-------------------- 3.5
                                DWS ...... 2.1-------------------- 1.0

So Demar is performing as good as Kyrie Irving (superstar, elite, voted-in all-star) on the offensive end, and obliterates him on the defensive end.

And this….

List of players with USG% > 28, & ORTG > 108

http://bkref.com/tiny/HgWqI

Kevin Durant
                                Lebron James
                                Kevin Love
                                Blake Griffin
                                Steph Curry
                                Paul George
                                Carmelo Anthony
                                Lamarcus Aldridge
                                Demar Derozan
                                Kyrie Irving

That’s crème de la crème de la crème right there. Demar is right there with Aldridge, George and Irving, actually. And consider that Demar’s USG% is actually closer to 30% since the Gay trade, while increasing his ORTG, and it’s even more impressive.

So really, what more needs to be said. Demar is currently playing like a bonafide all-star. Period. And there are lot of improvements, beyond stats, such as: body language, clutchness, leadership – and accomplishing all of that as a first option.

I, for one, was on the fence about Demar going into this season and I’m simply ecstatic to be proven wrong. I have absolutely no qualms admitting I was wrong, wrong, wrong about Demar. Whoop dee doo. LOL. Not sure why more people don’t adopt this mindset, and let go of their previous debating stance. It’s like the old saying about marriage … “ it’s better to be happy than right.” You just gotta take those unexpected pleasant surprises whenever you can get them and feel good about it, IMO.

Comment

Working...
                                X