No announcement yet.

Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Didn't get to see it, but I believe it. He is one heck of a defender. Thibs has turned him into a real beast on the defensive end.
    I know this may be a bit controversial but I think the Raptors have proven that they're the best team in the NBA from Canada
    -random Facebook user. 2016

Comment

• Bulls win. This team is dangerous. Noah is unreal. And Butler i would say right now is the best perimeter defender in the game.
      Mamba Mentality

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
        Anyone watching this Bulls/Heat game? Lebron was in the same situation as DeRozan a couple of weeks ago. He had a chance to win the game for the Heat. LeBron iso vs Butler. Guess who won?

Butler is unreal.
        Yup. You don't run isos against Jimmy Butler. It is not a smart play-call. It doesn't matter who you give the ball to. Boo on Spoelstra for such a lazy option.

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
          Bulls win. This team is dangerous. Noah is unreal. And Butler i would say right now is the best perimeter defender in the game.
          I wouldn't go that far but he's good.

Comment

• BobLoblaw wrote: View Post
            I wouldn't go that far but he's good.
            Nah man he is the best 1on1 perimeter defender in the NBA
            "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• 4hunnit_degreez wrote: View Post
              Nah man he is the best 1on1 perimeter defender in the NBA
              Tony Allen?

Comment

• mike, prague wrote: View Post
                Tony Allen?
                Tony Allen can't guard big 3s like LeBron and Durant effectively so I'd give Jimmy Butler (and Paul George) the edge over him.

Comment

• imanshumpert wrote: View Post
                  Tony Allen can't guard big 3s like LeBron and Durant effectively so I'd give Jimmy Butler (and Paul George) the edge over him.
                  True True

Comment

• imanshumpert wrote: View Post
                    Actually, the best defensive performance on Durant I've ever seen was by Tony Allen. No one can really guard these two consistently well, though.

Anyway, it leads to an interesting subtopic, versatility vs. excellence. Who's a better perimeter defender, someone who can do a great job vs. multiple positions, or someone who can do an even better job but vs. fewer positions? Is Iguodala a better perimeter defender than Gary Payton just because Iguodala can guard more positions? If not, then I think even someone like Avery Bradley is in consideration. No one is a bigger pain in the ass to a PG/SG ball handler than Avery Bradley.

In general, I see fans promoting a new "best defender" like every month. Which probably tells that there's no clearcut best. A couple months ago I might've said that Paul George has a slight advantage at that title, but now he's been average defensively for a long while. I've no idea who I'd list as the best one now. I'd probably list like 5-8 names and then my list would also be different depending if it's a regular season game, where some of these guys just take games off, or playoffs.

Comment

• Well Chicago is for real. That team man. They are definitely playing like the 3rd best team in the East. I would actually be a little shocked if they don't end up with that spot. ESPECIALLY since we've lost Patterson for a little while now.
                      I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• mike, prague wrote: View Post
                        Tony Allen?

Iggy. Kawahi. Batum. ...are some others in the conversation.

Comment

• Bendit wrote: View Post
                          Iggy. Kawahi. Batum. ...are some others in the conversation.
                          Batum is not tough enough.

Deng when healthy is pretty high up there.

Comment

• Top 3 perimeter defender's by position.

Jimmy Butler (SF)
                            Avery Bradley (SG)
                            Patrick Beverly (PG)
                            "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• LBJ is the best individual perimeter defender in the game....

Comment

• Whoa, just seeing the poll results of this thread, they've gotta be from last year or even two seasons ago. DeMar definitely get an A for this year.

Comment

Working...
                                X