Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Axel wrote: View Post
    Anyone who uses the word "hater" automatically earns a karmic demerit in my books. Isn't hater just the opposite of fan-boy? Are either of these extremes good? Lying in the middle, with fair appreciation and fair critique is where I try to be.
    There are some who truly deserve the labels "hater" and "fanboy", but most of them have been banned already

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
      We've seen the inefficient DD.

He had a rough outing last night - they happen even to the best.

But I'd rather see him have a rough outing and play within the team, limiting his # of shots, than force the issue.

Offense wasn't the problem. The Raptors scored 97 points. Giving up 101 points is a much larger issue here.
      Yes I agree. Although the defence wasn't there either.
      You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
        What is unwarranted? Assessing Demar's shooting after a performance? Talking about Demar's rebounding after a game? It's the Demar thread, and the purpose is to discuss Demar; as long as he is playing, then the conversation is warranted.
        ok man, whatever.

This thread, for the most part, is a podium for guys like you to bitch about the guy constantly. I mean really, how much can you say about his shooting numbers???? Why not talk about something related to basketball we can't all already see in 3 seconds.

I remember taling on here recently and posting video about stepping around screens and into his shots a bit better this year....got like 1 response. Guys here wanna chirp all day long about win shares and usage and this and that and whatever else they read on the plethora of self professed experts blogs.... its exhausting.

MOST of the backlash guys give, is as a direct result of the non stop, constant and never wavering DD critiquing.

Its past boring now.

I want substance man.

Comment

• Last time I checked, the thread was titled "Everything Demar DeRozan" not "only Positives about DeMar, fanboying is enforced by law here, no hatazzzzzzs allowed" so yeh, you have to deal with constructive critique.

That being said, I thought Demar was okay last night. The offense functioned okay and he didn't force the issue, that's a positive.

Comment

• oh fuck bud..... is repetition allowed? even when it borderlines on OCD behavior?

:P

Comment

• Craig wrote: View Post
              ok man, whatever.

This thread, for the most part, is a podium for guys like you to bitch about the guy constantly. I mean really, how much can you say about his shooting numbers???? Why not talk about something related to basketball we can't all already see in 3 seconds.

I remember taling on here recently and posting video about stepping around screens and into his shots a bit better this year....got like 1 response. Guys here wanna chirp all day long about win shares and usage and this and that and whatever else they read on the plethora of self professed experts blogs.... its exhausting.

MOST of the backlash guys give, is as a direct result of the non stop, constant and never wavering DD critiquing.

Its past boring now.

I want substance man.
              So this is all because your post didn't get enough action? Fairly sad. Can't control what people talk about, so no sense complaining about it. For me though, videos are often blocked by the firewall, so don't get to see them and therefore don't comment on them.

This thread is for people to discuss Demar Derozan; that includes everything that happens on the court, good or bad. Demar provides the material, we just discuss it. If you want higher substance, then provide it instead of gripping about what other people choose to post.
              Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Craig.. usually I like your posts.. bring a bit of fun to these boards which we need from time to time.. But I find it kind of hypocritical for you to judge what others say about DD when you constantly bash JV in the game threads.

Why is it not okay for someone to criticize DD but it is okay for you to criticize JV? You call it as you see it.. Just like others do in this thread about DD. I think it's all good.

Comment

He had a rough outing last night - they happen even to the best.

But I'd rather see him have a rough outing and play within the team, limiting his # of shots, than force the issue.
                  The only thing I did not like about his game last night was when he relegated himself to standing in the corner and waiting. That was reminiscent of 2011-2013 Derozan where he would disappear in games. It's not that I want him forcing shots but when he's active the defense is going to be pre-occupied with him, which, at a minimum, helps everyone else.

Give credit to the Nets - they took away time and space - but Demar can't go stand in the corner and Casey et al. can't allow that to happen.

Comment

• The defence that Demar had to deal with last night was as good as any he has had to deal with this season, but like others have said he didn't force the issue and played relatively well offensively all things considered. It could have been much worse had he tried to force up a lot of shots, but he didn't so that was alright.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
                      The only thing I did not like about his game last night was when he relegated himself to standing in the corner and waiting. That was reminiscent of 2011-2013 Derozan where he would disappear in games. It's not that I want him forcing shots but when he's active the defense is going to be pre-occupied with him, which, at a minimum, helps everyone else.

Give credit to the Nets - they took away time and space - but Demar can't go stand in the corner and Casey et al. can't allow that to happen.

I hate seeing that with him. It's like he's standing there, waiting for someone to hit him with for a three point shot; which we all know, is not the case. He should be attacking and getting involved yet he's being lazy and slow like he's 35 year old.

Comment

• JawsGT wrote: View Post
                        The defence that Demar had to deal with last night was as good as any he has had to deal with this season, but like others have said he didn't force the issue and played relatively well offensively all things considered. It could have been much worse had he tried to force up a lot of shots, but he didn't so that was alright.
                        +1

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk
                        You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                          Craig.. usually I like your posts.. bring a bit of fun to these boards which we need from time to time.. But I find it kind of hypocritical for you to judge what others say about DD when you constantly bash JV in the game threads.

Why is it not okay for someone to criticize DD but it is okay for you to criticize JV? You call it as you see it.. Just like others do in this thread about DD. I think it's all good.
                          Totally.

Its a different conversation however.

Bashing, repeatedly, a guy who many outside of here believe is making the jump to superstar is getting ridiculous.

Being a guy not afraid to step outta the pack and suggest that everyone's goldenboy JV isn't as good as advertised, and needs a serious adjustment if he wants to avoid mediocrity and bust status..... well since few agree, I'd say its different, but youre right, I guess I only need to say it once.

But I usually dont say it unless its after 10 posts from guys making excuses for why he plays so badly...... night in, and night out, yet, seems to geta full on pass based upon something as non tangible as "potential".

If JV comes back next year, ripped, like DD does.... then I will be nicer.

since you brought it up however....anyone notice JV is actually in worse shape now than he was in the Summer? How does this happen?

Is he hurt?

Dude can't even dunk on some plays and is getting his shot tossed out regularly.....

anyhow, dont use serious words like hypocrite man, its just sports.... if ya wanna rip me up a bit, its ok, i dont mind, but dont get all personal ok, its not rally needed, I'm just having fun

cool?

Comment

• demar during his live chat. he named his favourite rappers and it didn't include drake

Comment

Actually, yes.

1.56 points per shot is elite.
                              His points per possession weren't tho....

I like to use that vs ppshot since it accounts for TOs and FTs. DD is sitting around LA and Irving territory on the season at around 1-1.04. Elite numbers are >1.15 (Griffin, Curry, KD, LBJ)

Comment

• OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
                                His points per possession weren't tho....

I like to use that vs ppshot since it accounts for TOs and FTs. DD is sitting around LA and Irving territory on the season at around 1-1.04. Elite numbers are >1.15 (Griffin, Curry, KD, LBJ)
                                Problem I see with points per possession is if he forces bad shots and shoots a bad percentage he gets rewarded instead of finding a teammate and working within the team.

Comment

Working...
                                X