Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buddahfan wrote: View Post
    Your last comment is just an attempt to get a charge out of me and is out touch with the reality of the game last night with respect to Johnson.

However, I do agree that DeMar and Sonny need to start showing more grit. I would think that they are capable of it
    "Yea, yea you did and you got caught"

LOOOL, No, I did not. But you lost the argument and now trying to add rubbish and noise to it hide the real issue.

"Why do think that NBA teams with a few exception have such better home records then they do road records. What you are suggesting does not happen very often except with exceptional teams"

Are you serious ? Teams can be more aggressive at home but it does not mean they can get away with it and if you go to someone else's houe you have to act like a little boy and just take it !!! You know this but you can not admit it because then again, you are proven wrong.

Good teams play with same intensity and aggressiveness on the road and at home. They do not back down from the challenge and stand up for themself.

"Go ahead and let us know who came out ahead - RFLMAO"

Funny !! Another attemo to run away Good one though.

Demar, Sonny and Amir are fake bullies and fake tough guys. They are tough guys when the person infront of them is weaker and smaller !! If they want to be real Player in this league, they should start standing up for thmeself against the elite and do not just take it and put their head down.

Comment

• Raptor4Ever wrote: View Post
      "Yea, yea you did and you got caught"

LOOOL, No, I did not. But you lost the argument and now trying to add rubbish and noise to it hide the real issue.

"Why do think that NBA teams with a few exception have such better home records then they do road records. What you are suggesting does not happen very often except with exceptional teams"

Are you serious ? Teams can be more aggressive at home but it does not mean they can get away with it and if you go to someone else's houe you have to act like a little boy and just take it !!! You know this but you can not admit it because then again, you are proven wrong.

Good teams play with same intensity and aggressiveness on the road and at home. They do not back down from the challenge and stand up for themself.

"Go ahead and let us know who came out ahead - RFLMAO"

Funny !! Another attemo to run away Good one though.

Demar, Sonny and Amir are fake bullies and fake tough guys. They are tough guys when the person infront of them is weaker and smaller !! If they want to be real Player in this league, they should start standing up for thmeself against the elite and do not just take it and put their head down.
      The jury is still out on how tough and physical DeRozan will Weems will become but Johnson is already there and if he continue to his improve his Swag is only going to continue to grow supported by tough and good physical play.

Johnson gave as good as he got last night.

He don't back down from anyone that I know of.

He has knocked more than a few players on their wallets when they have tried to drive to the hoop on him. It doesn't mean that he is not immune to receiving an occasional facial which he has and will get in the future, but he doesn't down from rough physical play.

In fact by his words "I love physical contact" and his play he has backed up those words.

He just needs more success in the league to get more respect from the officials who tend to be more lenient with regard to calling fouls on better players to get even more physical. He is the type of player who stretch it to the max when it comes to trying to get away with sheet when he is on defense.
      Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
      Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

• DoNDaDDa wrote: View Post
        maybe weems or derozen could benefit from a stretch in the D league....
        Weems is in his 3rd year. He can't go to the D-league.
        Eh follow my TWITTER!

Comment

• Employee wrote: View Post
          Weems is in his 3rd year. He can't go to the D-league.
          Good point. You are correct on this.
          Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
          Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

• lol?

The Celtics were dunking all over the Raptors. Not one foul except at the end, if I recall correctly. The Raptors got knocked down pretty much every time, including on a fastbreak from behind by Allen.

Comment

• This is the NBA not the NHL. Apart from the 3 yr. rule, DD is a lottery pick. Sending a player down after a couple of years is a sure way to demoralize him and have his value plummet as an asset at the same time. It's growing pains and these will come against the good-v. good teams more than the rest. Sonny is in his contract yr. and is feeling the pressure I believe. He is going to have to battle that demon...and calm down. Easier said I suppose.

Comment

• I think DeRozan will do a lot better on offense with Evans out of the lineup. He had 21 against Miami when Amir started.

Evans other than grabbing some offensive rebounds and an occasional good pass gets in the way more than he helps the offense.

Comment

• Buddahfan wrote: View Post
                  I think DeRozan will do a lot better on offense with Evans out of the lineup. He had 21 against Miami when Amir started.

Evans other than grabbing some offensive rebounds and an occasional good pass gets in the way more than he helps the offense.
                  +1 When Evans is out on the court you tend to see his defender sagging off in the middle which makes it alot harder for guys like Demar and Sonny to drive to the basket.

Comment

• pesterm1 wrote: View Post
                    +1 When Evans is out on the court you tend to see his defender sagging off in the middle which makes it alot harder for guys like Demar and Sonny to drive to the basket.
                    Evans Offensive Rating is 100.

Johnson Offensive Rating is 113

Bosh 2009-10 Offensive Rating was 112

If you want to also compare Defensive Ratings - The lower the better

Johnson - 101
                    Bosh last season - 109
                    Evans - 114

http://basketballvalue.com/teamplaye...=DESC&team=TOR
                    Last edited by Buddahfan; Sun Nov 28, 2010, 01:45 PM.

Comment

• DeMar Dunk

Anyone have an idea (valid ideas, i would prefer not having to read ridiculous comments on here) why DeMar DeRozan doesn't dunk on people often? or Dunk much at all? I wonder if he's too nice of a guy and doesn't carry a chip on his shoulder.

I have a hard time picturing him jump over a 7 footer for the slam. Does he just not have that killer instinct?

http://www.google.ca/imgres?imgurl=h...1t:429,r:0,s:0

Comment

• well he's not that big, so i guess that has an effect on his mentality. he should skip summer league next year and stay in the gym all summer.

Comment

• There have been times where you'd swear he was gonna elevate and smash on someone, but then he gets a little contact and he just flails out of control. Im not sure if its his size or just that he's not a big fan of the contact, even in summer league when he was dunking all over the place , it was mostly open dunks. He seems to jump a bit lazy and not with an aggressive explosive effort. I keep waiting for him to break out and become the 'high flyer' everyone makes him out to be, he talks alot about never losing a dunk contest, but even his effort in the contest last year was a bit tame.

Comment

• RikkJames wrote: View Post
                            There have been times where you'd swear he was gonna elevate and smash on someone, but then he gets a little contact and he just flails out of control. Im not sure if its his size or just that he's not a big fan of the contact, even in summer league when he was dunking all over the place , it was mostly open dunks. He seems to jump a bit lazy and not with an aggressive explosive effort. I keep waiting for him to break out and become the 'high flyer' everyone makes him out to be, he talks alot about never losing a dunk contest, but even his effort in the contest last year was a bit tame.
                            my thoughts exactly.

what ive also noticed with Demar is he seems to defer to everybody. he's waiting for others to make their own plays, and when those get botched, then thats the only time he'll do his thing. a lot of times when he does something, say drives and gets fouled, he looks at the bench, seems like he's waiting for triano to acknowledge what he did, if it was correct or not. i think thats just his nature, he's too much of a southern boy, too nice with such good manners and respect for authority/elders. i think once he realizes that he has game, he'll hopefully develop an all star attitude and just play his game the way he wants to.

Comment

• Umm, I have three things for him to work on:

1. Work on your handles.
                              2. Work on that jump shot.
                              3. Stop dunking on kids at you local YMCA.
                              “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

• He's been rejected a few times and has lost his confidence. He is not a type A. Compare his body language to Bayless and see the difference.

Comment

Working...
                                X