Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• trex wrote: View Post
    demar is ripped. He looks like joey graham in this pic.

damn!
    I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• "Opposing teams have looked to play aggressively against DeRozan, knowing that he is easily frustrated when faced with physical defence, and on nights when the refs swallow their whistles that has spelled trouble for the Raptors"

"In the playoffs, whoever the Raptors face will likely employ a DeRozan-swallowing strategy for exactly that reason. When Lowry is pushed, he pushes back harder. When DeRozan is pushed, he can be taken out of his game. Those are the only two players that an opposing team will have to consistently account for in a seven-game series against the Raptors, and so if an opposing team had to choose they'd probably look to bottle up DeRozan and dare Lowry to beat them four times on his own"

So true. DeRozan needs to toughen up. Because come playoff time. Teams are going to play him ultra physical every possession to take him out of his game.
      Mamba Mentality

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post

"Opposing teams have looked to play aggressively against DeRozan, knowing that he is easily frustrated when faced with physical defence, and on nights when the refs swallow their whistles that has spelled trouble for the Raptors"

"In the playoffs, whoever the Raptors face will likely employ a DeRozan-swallowing strategy for exactly that reason. When Lowry is pushed, he pushes back harder. When DeRozan is pushed, he can be taken out of his game. Those are the only two players that an opposing team will have to consistently account for in a seven-game series against the Raptors, and so if an opposing team had to choose they'd probably look to bottle up DeRozan and dare Lowry to beat them four times on his own"

So true. DeRozan needs to toughen up. Because come playoff time. Teams are going to play him ultra physical every possession to take him out of his game.
        Well Im expecting DD to get beat up on in the playoffs
        Whenever anyone plays him tough (Brooklyn)
        He just breaks and takes bad shots or just stands there
        "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
          Well Im expecting DD to get beat up on in the playoffs
          Whenever anyone plays him tough (Brooklyn)
          He just breaks and takes bad shots or just stands there
          That's okay.. Salmons (our great vet) will come in and take the pressure off

Comment

• DeMar might not be the greatest on-ball defender, but he's got terrific hands defensively; gets out in passing lanes and is pretty good at sticking his hands in for a steal. Random, but hey.
            Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

• chico wrote:
              Does the number 52 mean condescending two faced prick?
              no, but if its a reference to a poster on this board, I support having you banned. This is not realgm.
              The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

• enlightenment wrote: View Post
                no, but if its a reference to a poster on this board, I support having you banned. This is not realgm.
                Looooool Realgm is crazy that's why I left that shit!
                Everyone constantly harassing eachother

and what #52 is this guy talking about?

Comment

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
                  Looooool Realgm is crazy that's why I left that shit!
                  Everyone constantly harassing eachother

and what #52 is this guy talking about?
                  Matt52
                  Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                    Matt52
                    Damn!
                    What did Matt52 do this guy?

Comment

• Wonder if it's a PBU

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
                        Ummm DeRozan's improvement has not confounded me.

I had an opinion regarding his potential that was proven to be false.

At no point have I or do I wish for DD to fail so I can be correct in my opinion.

In fact, I stated this numerous times in my posts.

I hoped to be wrong on him because whether he stayed or was subsequently traded it was in Toronto's best interests and subsequently my best interests as a fan of the team.
                        Everything you say here is completely accurate and I can definitely say that you CLEARLY hoped you were wrong. You were also one of the front runners in pointing out that players RARELY improve significantly beyond their third year, centers excepted. Players rarely do improve. You are 100% right about that. And I shouldn't have said you were one of DeMar's "critics". Poor choice of words. You were one of the realists who were trying to temper expectations.

I think I clearly labelled myself a Matt52 fanboy in about my second or third week as a member of this forum. Nothings changed there.

As far as terminology, I am clearly going to have to up my game.

Comment

• Puffer wrote: View Post
                          Everything you say here is completely accurate and I can definitely say that you CLEARLY hoped you were wrong. You were also one of the front runners in pointing out that players RARELY improve significantly beyond their third year, centers excepted. Players rarely do improve. You are 100% right about that. And I shouldn't have said you were one of DeMar's "critics". Poor choice of words. You were one of the realists who were trying to temper expectations.

I think I clearly labelled myself a Matt52 fanboy in about my second or third week as a member of this forum. Nothings changed there.

As far as terminology, I am clearly going to have to up my game.
                          I think critic is fair, fwiw. It is just in terms of his improvement in year five I was clearly wrong.

I think you need to use smaller words because it seems many of them confound me.

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post

I think you need to use smaller words because it seems many of them confound me.

Comment

• Hey guys, from SI:

http://nba.si.com/2014/04/02/all-spo...demar-derozan/

They think Demar may have a breakout playoffs.

No team has been overlooked like Toronto this season. There has been an obvious explanation for that: the Raptors have resided in the third spot in a two-team conference, the standings version of a giant blind spot.

There’s an anonymity factor at play with the roster as well. The Point Forward has pointed out Kyle Lowry’s All-Star snub, made a point to highlight Amir Johnson’s impact, and noted the steady, year-after-year improvement of DeMar DeRozan. Even so, this feels like a team that could be 32-42 just as easily as it is 42-32, if GM Masai Ujiri hadn’t moved out Andrea Bargnani and Rudy Gay, and if the remaining pieces hadn’t so thoroughly adopted such a committed style of play. If given the choice of Toronto’s roster, Chicago’s roster (even without Rose) or Washington’s roster or Brooklyn’s roster, it’s quite possible that the Raptors would come out fourth, on paper. That they are headed for a division title and battling with the Bulls for the third seed should merit Dwane Casey — who entered the season on the hot seat — some serious Coach of the Year consideration.

DOLLINGER: 76ers move up in Power Rankings after streak-snapping win

Lowry has become practically synonymous with “bulldog” this season, but let’s not leave DeRozan out of that equation either. In Year Five, DeRozan has rewritten his previous reputation as a raw leaper with little else going for him. The 24-year-old guard has played the third-most minutes in the league for a team that boasts a No. 7 ranked defense, and he’s turned himself into a top-10 scorer largely through will power. He’s shooting a career-best 30.1 percent from deep — which is still rough — but he’s filled out his game in other areas, registering career-highs in rebounds, assists, Player Efficiency Rating and Win Shares.

Perhaps most importantly, he’s doing exactly what a player with his physical talents (and lack of range) should do: get to the free-throw line. DeRozan currently ranks No. 5 in the league in free-throw attempts, trailing only Kevin Durant, Dwight Howard, Blake Griffin and Kevin Love. He might not have the smoothest handle or the prettiest stroke, but DeRozan deserves praise for figuring out how to maximize his usefulness in a way that takes a physical toll. It’s no easy task getting to the line more often than James Harden, LeBron James, Carmelo Anthony or Paul George. One relevant point of comparison: DeRozan’s 7.4 free-throw attempts per 36 minutes blow away the 4.4 per 36 minutes put up by Gay in Toronto last season. Gay, to his credit, ranks in the top 20 in free throws this season, but imagining him getting to the free-throw line almost eight times a game, night in and night out, is a truly scary hypothetical for defenses. DeRozan, in this way, has been a scary reality for opponents.

Until he picks up his overall shooting numbers, DeRozan is bound to be short-changed as an overall threat, and rightfully so. His shot charts are awash in yellow and red, and he’s one of only three players in the league this season attempting 17 shots a night while shooting less than 44 percent (George and Kyrie Irving are the others). Some of that inefficiency can be attributed to the burden placed on him as a top option on a team without an overwhelming amount of one-on-one offensive firepower around him, but some of it is still just a need for further skill refinement.

It’s reasonable to assume that DeRozan might struggle under the weight of a defense that can gameplan for his strengths and weaknesses; it’s also reasonable to assume that his potency (he has 16 games of 30+ points this season) might catch the basketball world off-guard, creating some headlines in the process.
                              "Bruno?
                              Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
                              He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

• stooley wrote: View Post
                                Hey guys, from SI:

http://nba.si.com/2014/04/02/all-spo...demar-derozan/

They think Demar may have a breakout playoffs.
                                Just came to post this. Demar has to be loving the attention as well. Even if they say they don't pay attention to it, I'm sure they do in a small way. And for all those people who said you can't get noticed in Toronto, its proving them wrong.

Comment

Working...
                                X