No announcement yet.

Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Id say hes prob looking to draw fouls more often then actually scoring...only reason i could explain his flying arm syndrome...

also hes prob trying hard to not get hurt soo he avoids trying to dunk on people... hes just protecting himself from the VC Syndrome... if DD catches that then were screwed cause DD cant hit jumpers... in all fairness to DD he does get alot of contact on him that goes uncalled but he doesnt demand the respect from the refs cause hes too passive & the scouting reports are out on his game..

& as bendit mentioned hes not an Alpha Dog... he lacks the swagger & hunger
    Last edited by DoNDaDDa; Tue Dec 14, 2010, 12:56 AM.

Comment

• Not strong enough yet.

Hopefully that will come with age and gym time, everything else is genetics.

Comment

• demar and sonny feed off each other on the court, when one of them gets rejected they both become bums
        NBADoppelgangers.tumblr.com

Comment

• Here's a question then. Does anyone know why DeMar was drfated when he was? Hindsight is always 20/20 but it seems like there were other candidates who were far better suited for the team, or was Colangelo just looking for a SG? Even if you look at draft combine stuff he didn't do too great. He could jump but his quickness was always an issue. Any thoughts? What did articles say? He's a hard worker so maybe that's it. Maybe he could be a Paul Pierce. Has these weird moves that go about as fast as a turtle but seem to go in. Please enlightne me!

Comment

• I think Demar read this thread.

Comment

• I'm surprised this hasn't been brought up.

Compare DeRozan last year (some dunking on people) to this year (almost no dunking on people).

Why?

FREE THROWS!

He tries to draw fouls now more than anything. My only issue with that is that he should still try to hit the shot and not flail helplessly. Jack did it well, and Bayless is too. LEARN.
              Joshua Priemski
              NBA blogger
              SB Nation's Rufus on Fire
              www.RufusOnFire.com/
              www.twitter.com/HoopPlusTheHarm/

Comment

• Derozan or Davis?

Who has the greater potential Derozan or Davis? Obviously both players are very young and inexperienced, but some people think that Derozan wont develop into anything much more than he is already. Davis on the other hand has shown that he can play some solid defense and has potential for an offensive touch. Like I said, both players are very raw and have a long way to go before we see their potentials pan out, but as of right now...

Derozan or Davis

Comment

• I think Davis will develop (career wise) into the guy we saw last night - a solid double double guy who plays very solid D - kinda like a PJ Brown.
                  Derozan seems to play better the higher the stakes - does anyone else notice this? He seems to get up for the bigger games but has a letdown with the lesser teams. He has the tools and the potential to be a better player, a more impactful player, but he has a lot more work to do before he can scratch the surface of being that player.

Comment

• I was on the Davis bandwagon since I first saw him step onto the court, so I'll say he's got greater potential, but it could go either way.

Comment

• not even close - Davis

Comment

• Davis

Ed seems to be a more reliable guy right now. With his defensive upside, he can be a piece that a true team concept can be built around. Demar has the offensive flash and if he is a true gym rat will continue to develop different aspects of his game, but the bias there will be in favour of his offensive game. Ed also has the pedigree and the guidance of his father going forward but a lot of the comments today will be on the heels of his performance in the Mavericks defeat. Both of these guys need to show more consistency before a fair ruling is made on either. Let's see what they do next game.

Comment

• Davis. Even if he's not scoring, he's rebounding or blocking shots. Eventually once his offensive game developed more, he'll become a good player. Maybe not a great one, but someone to look out for.

Comment

• DeRozan has much more potential but who's to say he ever puts it all together? Davis is going to be a very good player but I don't think he's ever going to be great. Like it was said above, PJ Brown is pretty good comparison

Comment

• I say Davis, just because after a few games he has proven himsel quickly. On the other hand this Derozan is in in his second year already, and even though he is still young and still has time to grow as a player, davis has already shown what he can do. I think Demar is just off to a slow start. He has time to develope. Once he has grown as a player, I think he will be a decent player. As of right now, it is Davis because of how he just jumped right into a valuable spot on this team. Both have huge potential, Demar just needs to remain consistent. Once that is achieved, we my be a serious contender in the playoffs.

Comment

• MangoKid wrote: View Post
                                I think Davis will develop (career wise) into the guy we saw last night - a solid double double guy who plays very solid D - kinda like a PJ Brown.
                                Derozan seems to play better the higher the stakes - does anyone else notice this? He seems to get up for the bigger games but has a letdown with the lesser teams. He has the tools and the potential to be a better player, a more impactful player, but he has a lot more work to do before he can scratch the surface of being that player.
                                I think it is just a sign of his youth. This will change as he matures and if he continues to be a gym rat he will be very good. Who cares which one is better, we need both to grow and improve

Comment

Working...
                                X