Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• stooley wrote: View Post
    I might rebrand myself too. I was thinking of Tyyniffer, with two "y"s?

I have been appreciating the generous use of the like button though, especially in this thread lol. McHappy, through and through
    mcHAPPY seems to be in agreement with the haters and the fanboys - lol

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
      Thanks.

I was a huge fan of that Matt52 poster.

He is incredible.

Say where has he been?

Likely kidnapped by p00ka and Xixak.

Comment

• enlightenment wrote: View Post
        bit too.. I dunno... hipster?
        noone got my parks and rec reference... shame
        "Bruno?
        Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
        He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

• stooley wrote: View Post
          noone got my parks and rec reference... shame
          I'm with you buddy...

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
            I'm with you buddy...
            So weird how the actress who plays April is like obsessed with Bosh.

Comment

• imanshumpert wrote: View Post
              Dude give it a rest. DeRozan is only shooting a little bit more than he did in the regular season and is actually producing more points per shot. It's not like he's suddenly freezing out his teammates and hogging the ball. The decrease in assists probably has more to do with Vasquez playing more minutes and the whole teams' ball-distribution not being as good (even Lowry's have dipped quite a bit).

There's never been any indication that DeMar is going to become a cancer, so why make up this worst case scenario and make a big deal out of it?

Way too much pessimism on this board, seriously.

What if Jonas is really a neo-Nazi (I mean JUST LOOK at that hair cut) and starts getting in fights with the black players on our team????? WHAT IF!
              Muahahhaaha - how did i miss this gem?

Bold 1: NEVVVVVVVERRRRRRR!

Bold 2: Actually he is shooting about 10-15% more when you factor in the free throws (extra 4 per game) that don't count towards shot attempts. And despite the fact that he was only .007% higher than his career worst (remember the awful 3rd year? Jeeeesh!) this past season, he has managed to drop 7% in the playoffs - granted just 4 games. But you are right - his points per shot has increased which is good but that is due to his foul shooting (88% on 12 attempts will do that) but it doesn't excuse he is only hitting 36% of his fields goals attempted. Oh and his offensive rating is down to 103 - worst of his career since his 3rd year (100) - from a very good 110 during this past season.

Bold 3: Hmmmm, yeah, that is exactly what he is doing - intentional or not, he is doing just that.

Bold 4: That is some crazy ass rationalization right there. The teams ball distribution? Well, maybe you have a point. The team assists are down from 21.2 per game to 18.4 in playoffs. However the cause is not poor 'ball distribution' the cause is HERO BALL. I'm not sure you read my post given your initial "Dude give it a rest" but the reality is I've been point the finger at more than DeRozan - he just happens to be the biggest culprit given he is shooting 36% on the most FGA.

Bold 5: Did you read the post I replied to? In caps the absolute most positive spin was given on his career trajectory. I raised relevant, in my opinion, points based on past history with VC and Dwight Howard. DeRozan has a number of similarities with those guys and was an intentional attempt to show the flip side of the only positive outcome many seem to think.

Bold 6: When the team consistently and visibly gets away from what made them successful and special this season, yeah. When they play solid ball like they did in the 4th quarter of Game 4 - you know when DD didn't shoot? - then no. Team success before individual success - always.

Bold 7: That is always a possibility. I certainly hope not but it is a good example of what I was attempting to show: we don't know these players. We don't know what success does to people until it happens. DD wiggling on the ground only brings back memories of another player who decreased his dunks, increased his jumpers, and quickly became a pain in the ass. I certainly hope that is not the case for DeRozan, though.... for realsies.

Comment

• What similarities does DeRozan have to Vince Carter and Dwight Howard?

I mean other than being known as a dunker, like what?

Comment

• 7 Bolds?! LOL I remember when you used to break them out into quotes Matt.

Comment

Muahahhaaha - how did i miss this gem?

Bold 1: NEVVVVVVVERRRRRRR!

Bold 2: Actually he is shooting about 10-15% more when you factor in the free throws (extra 4 per game) that don't count towards shot attempts. And despite the fact that he was only .007% higher than his career worst (remember the awful 3rd year? Jeeeesh!) this past season, he has managed to drop 7% in the playoffs - granted just 4 games. But you are right - his points per shot has increased which is good but that is due to his foul shooting (88% on 12 attempts will do that) but it doesn't excuse he is only hitting 36% of his fields goals attempted. Oh and his offensive rating is down to 103 - worst of his career since his 3rd year (100) - from a very good 110 during this past season.

Bold 3: Hmmmm, yeah, that is exactly what he is doing - intentional or not, he is doing just that.

Bold 4: That is some crazy ass rationalization right there. The teams ball distribution? Well, maybe you have a point. The team assists are down from 21.2 per game to 18.4 in playoffs. However the cause is not poor 'ball distribution' the cause is HERO BALL. I'm not sure you read my post given your initial "Dude give it a rest" but the reality is I've been point the finger at more than DeRozan - he just happens to be the biggest culprit given he is shooting 36% on the most FGA.

Bold 5: Did you read the post I replied to? In caps the absolute most positive spin was given on his career trajectory. I raised relevant, in my opinion, points based on past history with VC and Dwight Howard. DeRozan has a number of similarities with those guys and was an intentional attempt to show the flip side of the only positive outcome many seem to think.

Bold 6: When the team consistently and visibly gets away from what made them successful and special this season, yeah. When they play solid ball like they did in the 4th quarter of Game 4 - you know when DD didn't shoot? - then no. Team success before individual success - always.

Bold 7: That is always a possibility. I certainly hope not but it is a good example of what I was attempting to show: we don't know these players. We don't know what success does to people until it happens. DD wiggling on the ground only brings back memories of another player who decreased his dunks, increased his jumpers, and quickly became a pain in the ass. I certainly hope that is not the case for DeRozan, though.... for realsies.

Most of the time DD is getting the ball at the end of the shot clock. He is also looking for his team mattes. With the way we've been turning it over I'm sure thats why he doesn't want to gamble on cross court pass.

He had 5 assist in this game btw.

Its the playoffs everyones percentages go down in the playoffs especially guards. That why its called a whole another season. What made you successful during the season wont necessarily make successful in the post season. Its all about match ups.
                    @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
                      7 Bolds?! LOL I remember when you used to break them out into quotes Matt.
                      What can I say... I am getting lazier as time goes along.

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post

Most of the time DD is getting the ball at the end of the shot clock. He is also looking for his team mattes. With the way we've been turning it over I'm sure thats why he doesn't want to gamble on cross court pass.

Its the playoffs everyones percentages go down in the playoffs especially guards. That why its called a whole another season. What made you successful during the season wont necessarily make successful in the post season. Its all about match ups.
                        High light videos are like watching first half of draftexpress.com scouting reports.

What is time running down? That .gif with ball stuck had 5 secs on shot clock when shot. If you watch it you'll see GVs man help and dd stop and rise for looooong 2. But 5 secs is a long time really. If he takes one more dribble and sends out to GV he might have wide open look and if defender in corner comes up then GV makes pass to corner. That is all possible in less than 3 secs and someone is getting a wide open 3 versus heavily contested 2. Those are the types of decisions I have an issue with.

Everyone FG% going down in playoffs is bullshit. JJ is shooting 56% for Brooklyn. JV is shooting 66%. The rest is hyperbole based upon an initial fallacy. The basics of good basketball don't change in season versus post season only the effort and attention to detail changes.

Comment

High light videos are like watching first half of draftexpress.com scouting reports.

What is time running down? That .gif with ball stuck had 5 secs on shot clock when shot. If you watch it you'll see GVs man help and dd stop and rise for looooong 2. But 5 secs is a long time really. If he takes one more dribble and sends out to GV he might have wide open look and if defender in corner comes up then GV makes pass to corner. That is all possible in less than 3 secs and someone is getting a wide open 3 versus heavily contested 2. Those are the types of decisions I have an issue with.

Everyone FG% going down in playoffs is bullshit. JJ is shooting 56% for Brooklyn. JV is shooting 66%. The rest is hyperbole based upon an initial fallacy. The basics of good basketball don't change in season versus post season only the effort and attention to detail changes.
                          Maybe not "everyone" but most primary scorers tend to shoot worse in the playoffs than in the regular season. LeBron, Durant, Michael Jordan, Kobe, etc all have lower career shooting percentages in the playoffs than in the regular season (although the disparity isn't quite as large as DeMar's is atm... he's also nowhere near those guys in talent level).

Particularly if you look at their first playoff appearances:

MJ shot 44% in his first playoffs compared to 52% in the regular season.
                          Durant shot 35% in his first playoffs compared to 48% in the regular season.

Could show more examples, but too lazy to go back and forth through BBREF pages. You get my point.

Comment

• imanshumpert wrote: View Post
                            Maybe not "everyone" but most primary scorers tend to shoot worse in the playoffs than in the regular season. LeBron, Durant, Michael Jordan, Kobe, etc all have lower career shooting percentages in the playoffs than in the regular season (although the disparity isn't quite as large as DeMar's is atm... he's also nowhere near those guys in talent level).

Particularly if you look at their first playoff appearances:

MJ shot 44% in his first playoffs compared to 52% in the regular season.
                            Durant shot 35% in his first playoffs compared to 48% in the regular season.

Could show more examples, but too lazy to go back and forth through BBREF pages. You get my point.
                            Thank you. That the point I was trying to make
                            @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Thank you. That the point I was trying to make
                              I got you bruh

Comment

Are you insane?

Also with the amount of attention DD gets he should definitely be passing more.

I've probably counted numerous times per game that DD looks off a wide open JV, So how can you say he looks for his teammates when that is not true?

Do you even watch games?
                                If you did you would definitely see DD calls ISO after ISO and looks off his teammates constantly
                                "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

Working...
                                X