Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• stooley wrote: View Post
    I guess the argument is that it would be easier to find a 3 that can fill Ross's role, than one that can fill DD's.
    Absolutely. But if you're not sure which star your eventual roster will end up being built around, Ross gives way more flexibility
    @Boymusic66

Comment

Generally off of pin downs, picks, hand offs, and when he's open.

Again, I could be wrong, that's just my impression.

edit: or he's able to force him man down low, not necessarily blow by him.
      DD does not have an explosive first step at all.

On his drives it is usually off ball movement and taking advantage of his man closing out.

Comment

• TSF wrote: View Post
        Absolutely. But if you're not sure which star your eventual roster will end up being built around, Ross gives way more flexibility
        Ding ding ding.

Also how are we going to acquire said star with no draft picks? We need to trade a player of value to get value...right now that means Val or DD....and I'm not trading Val

Also saying Kobe is a bad 3pt shooter because he is a career 33% guy is bad...Kobe does not miss open shots and is a great shooter. Kobe has low percentages because he forces up some ridiculous shots and still manages to make a decent amount of them

Comment

Ross is more of a two way player, so there's that. Ross, in an ideal situation, with an all-star PG and 3/4 is really the perfect 2 guard. Ross would slot in really nicely on Portland or on OKC I think.
          OKC for sure.

Comment

• DeRozan also gets a crap load of foul calls off of jumpers. It's weird to me, I have no idea how he gets the ref to blow the whistle on some of them.
            OG is our king

Comment

• consmap wrote: View Post
              DeRozan also gets a crap load of foul calls off of jumpers. It's weird to me, I have no idea how he gets the ref to blow the whistle on some of them.
              I don't get how players don't read the scouting reports.

Not shitting on DD here.

Dude is a deceptive mo'fo.

Comment

• imanshumpert wrote: View Post
                DeRozan's first step actually is just average maybe slightly above average for a 2-guard. It's not a weakness, but he's not prime Kobe or Wade.

He gets to the rim because he's crafty and has elite (not good, elite) footwork, similar to a guy like Paul Pierce (who got to the like like 8-9 times per game in his prime)
                I agree with your second point but there is nothing explosive about demar and his first step. He's quite slow.

Comment

• Comparing Demar Derozan's 2013-2014 season to the most famous mid-range shooter in the game: LaMarcus Aldridge.

It's important to begin with saying this: LA is a semi-stretch 4, which adds a little more value to his game than Demar's.

All counting stats are per 36 minutes.
                  DD LA
                  FG%: 42.9 45.8
                  3FG%: 30.5 20.0
                  EFG%: 45.2 45.9
                  TS%: 53.2 50.7

FGA: 16.8 20.5
                  FTA: 7.5 5.2
                  USG%: 28.0 29.8

RB: 4.1 11.0
                  AST: 3.7 2.6

Demar is a mid-range player. That's just the way it is. I don't think that's necessarily crippling though.

He's producing more efficiently than Lamarcus Aldridge at a slightly lower USG%.

Demar has to improve his passing ability and court vision, as was made evidently clear in this most recent series against Brooklyn. If he does that, I think he can be a very solid 1b for a strong offensive 4/5.
                  "Bruno?
                  Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
                  He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

• A mid-range big man and a mid-range wing are two entirely different things for a defense to react to.
                    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                      A mid-range big man and a mid-range wing are two entirely different things for a defense to react to.
                      Well what Lamarcus helps with is that he pulls the opposing 4 out to the perimeter. How useful this is depends on the match up.

If we had a real 3 who could pull the bigger defender off of Demar, then I think Demar's mid range game becomes a lot more valuable. That gives him the option to take a couple steps in and post up, or a couple steps back for an open shot when he gets the ball. Demar's got some pretty decent size for a SG, and having him semi-post up in kobe fashion could be deadly. Only problem is that we're starting two SGs, so Demar is always guarded by a bigger, stronger SF.

edit: starting ross alongside DD is like if Portland started Amir next to LA. all of a sudden, pulling Howard out of the paint isn't so bad, and Houston doesn't even have to play Asik at the same time to compensate.
                      Last edited by stooley; Mon May 5, 2014, 03:37 PM.
                      "Bruno?
                      Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
                      He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

• Comment

• Every single one of those plays a drive, and yet he settles for so many jumpers every game.
                          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                            Every single one of those plays a drive, and yet he settles for so many jumpers every game.
                            Because if he didn't ever shoot it, he wouldn't have the space he needed to get a drive. Defense will either play for the Shot or the Drive. If they play him for the Shot, which they have to do, he can take the drive. Which he does. Often.

Comment

Well what Lamarcus helps with is that he pulls the opposing 4 out to the perimeter. How useful this is depends on the match up.

If we had a real 3 who could pull the bigger defender off of Demar, then I think Demar's mid range game becomes a lot more valuable. That gives him the option to take a couple steps in and post up, or a couple steps back for an open shot when he gets the ball. Demar's got some pretty decent size for a SG, and having him semi-post up in kobe fashion could be deadly. Only problem is that we're starting two SGs, so Demar is always guarded by a bigger, stronger SF.

edit: starting ross alongside DD is like if Portland started Amir next to LA. all of a sudden, pulling Howard out of the paint isn't so bad, and Houston doesn't even have to play Asik at the same time to compensate.
                              We had a real 3 to start the season.. and boy did that backfire.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
                                Because if he didn't ever shoot it, he wouldn't have the space he needed to get a drive. Defense will either play for the Shot or the Drive. If they play him for the Shot, which they have to do, he can take the drive. Which he does. Often.
                                70% of his shots come from outside 10 feet.

I think he settles too much.

Comment

Working...
                                X