No announcement yet.

Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wow you guys take this hate or love Demar to heart. Almost taking this pointless arguing to P.K. Subban in team Canada level.
    Myself (March 2014):
    The raptors are a tremendous young team and will win a championship in the following five years.

Comment

• Hey guys!

Guess what?

You're both wrong.

Reality is right in the middle.

Demar could afford to take a few less shots, but the fact that he doesn't isn't the end of the world and doesn't mean that we can't build around him or have him in our long term plans.

He's not taking those shots because he's selfish, he's taking those shots because he's thrust into the role of lead scorer, top offensive option by the coach and the personnel surrounding him. That may very well be a mistake.

He could fill that role with slightly better shot selection, but every good player takes some bad shots. Demar will improve.

He's not perfect, but is on a fair contract.
      Last edited by stooley; Wed May 14, 2014, 12:11 PM.
      "Bruno?
      Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
      He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

• Thanks peacekeepers!

I'll only point out my views on DeRozan have shifted dramatically this season with many of my views and opinions been proven incorrect. I've stated and admitted this on numerous occasions.

I'm actually acknowledging DD's growth and his effectiveness even with a high usage in recent posts in this thread.

If people actually read my posts versus assume my prior opinions have not changed, you'll see I'm actually complimentary of DD when he works within the team and recognize no one on the team other than Lowry is capable of creating a shot for himself like DD can. He scored big buckets at crucial times during the playoffs when the team was really needing it.

However, I'm not sure how anyone, after watching the playoffs, can argue with the notion that DD scoring 20 points within the flow of the game had a much more positive impact on the TEAM than him scoring 30 with a slew of ISO and poor shot selections.

I am still critical of DD's game (I don't like long 2s of which he takes 43% - what can I say? - and I don't like soft defenders) but I recognize his value and, as I said so often when I was sharing my opinions last summer, I'm glad I was wrong.

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
          Thanks peacekeepers!

I'll only point out my views on DeRozan have shifted dramatically this season with many of my views and opinions been proven incorrect. I've stated and admitted this on numerous occasions.

I'm actually acknowledging DD's growth and his effectiveness even with a high usage in recent posts in this thread.

If people actually read my posts versus assume my prior opinions have not changed, you'll see I'm actually complimentary of DD when he works within the team and recognize no one on the team other than Lowry is capable of creating a shot for himself like DD can. He scored big buckets at crucial times during the playoffs when the team was really needing it.

However, I'm not sure how anyone, after watching the playoffs, can argue with the notion that DD scoring 20 points within the flow of the game had a much more positive impact on the TEAM than him scoring 30 with a slew of ISO and poor shot selections.

I am still critical of DD's game (I don't like long 2s of which he takes 43% - what can I say? - and I don't like soft defenders) but I recognize his value and, as I said so often when I was sharing my opinions last summer, I'm glad I was wrong.
          I've been here for like 3 months, I wasn't here for your prior opinions (at least I don't think I was). A lot of your ideas currently still make zero sense.

Comment

Thanks peacekeepers!

We can forgive a couple mental lapses in a game. Hopefully he'll get better. At least he's less polarizing than Russ.

imanshumpert wrote: View Post
            I've been here for like 3 months, I wasn't here for your prior opinions (at least I don't think I was). A lot of your ideas currently still make zero sense.
            Hey now! You could moderate your own opinions a little bit. Analytics tells an important story, but there's also something to just straight up scouting a player.

You're telling me you've never watched a Raptors game and shaken your head a couple times at a Demar shot early in the shot clock?

That was probably a shot he didn't have to take. But again, noones perfect.
            Last edited by stooley; Wed May 14, 2014, 12:22 PM.
            "Bruno?
            He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

• stooley wrote: View Post
              We can forgive a couple mental lapses in a game. Hopefully he'll get better. At least he's less polarizing than Russ.

Hey now! You could moderate your own opinions a little bit. Analytics tells an important story, but there's also something to just straight up scouting a player.

You're telling me you've never watched a Raptors game and shaken your head a couple times at a Demar shot early in the shot clock?

That was probably a shot he didn't have to take.
              I do that almost every game...

I'm not sure why people are under the impression I have DeMar's dick in my mouth just because I support the guy. He has flaws as a player like everyone else.

Comment

• imanshumpert wrote: View Post
                I do that almost every game...

I'm not sure why people are under the impression I have DeMar's dick in my mouth just because I support the guy. He has flaws as a player like everyone else.
                There we go. See guys?

Everyone agrees. Demar is a versatile offensive threat who has several mental lapses each game.

He's got a lot of work to do on his court awareness.

And even more to do on his defense.

But it's hard to say he's not helping the team.
                "Bruno?
                He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

There we go. See guys?

Everyone agrees. Demar is a versatile offensive threat who has several mental lapses each game.

I would add that he is a willing hard worker and will likely improve these areas like he improved pretty much everything else.
                  Myself (March 2014):
                  The raptors are a tremendous young team and will win a championship in the following five years.

Comment

There we go. See guys?

Quick!

Quick!

Close the thread!

This is likely to be the closest to consensus we are ever going to see!

Comment

• you guys.

holy shit.

its all about DD huh?

lemme add a wrinkle for ya all. when Toronto's season ended because everyone's darling, KL made an ill advised drive to the hoop when there was improper spacing.....as a lot of Toronto NON star players tend to be brain dead quite often, nobody had an issue. It odd, because he recognized that, and even spoke about it in the media.... it happens A LOT, on growing teams.

I bring this up to show that often, things you might see, and then fixate upon, like long 2's, are often a symptom of another problem. Players aren't perfect, and a young guy like DD is certainly going to make mistakes, but I think its completely lame not to try to understand the game a little bit more.

Does Toronto have another 2 taking long 2's....yes, ross and salmons both do, BUT they don't get to the rim or produce like DD does. The only common trait, long 2's....... why do you think that is? Are they ALL lazy and selfish? On a team that has 13 players that all GUSH about how unselfish their teammates are?????

Think on it guys. You might find that the reason NBA scouts and GM's and coaches and players all think DD is a fantastic player. Maybe they are a bit brighter than us here...... perhaps, they see the whys..... and dont fixate so much on the acts themselves.

Try it then get back to me.

Comment

• Superjudge wrote: View Post
                        you guys.

holy shit.

its all about DD huh?

lemme add a wrinkle for ya all. when Toronto's season ended because everyone's darling, KL made an ill advised drive to the hoop when there was improper spacing.....as a lot of Toronto NON star players tend to be brain dead quite often, nobody had an issue. It odd, because he recognized that, and even spoke about it in the media.... it happens A LOT, on growing teams.

I bring this up to show that often, things you might see, and then fixate upon, like long 2's, are often a symptom of another problem. Players aren't perfect, and a young guy like DD is certainly going to make mistakes, but I think its completely lame not to try to understand the game a little bit more.

Does Toronto have another 2 taking long 2's....yes, ross and salmons both do, BUT they don't get to the rim or produce like DD does. The only common trait, long 2's....... why do you think that is? Are they ALL lazy and selfish? On a team that has 13 players that all GUSH about how unselfish their teammates are?????

Think on it guys. You might find that the reason NBA scouts and GM's and coaches and players all think DD is a fantastic player. Maybe they are a bit brighter than us here...... perhaps, they see the whys..... and dont fixate so much on the acts themselves.

Lowry got a pass because Casey drew up the play on the wrong side of the court..... Actually the entire team did.

Comment

• Superjudge wrote: View Post
                          you guys.

holy shit.

its all about DD huh?

NONONO

We'd shut this baby down, didn't you notice!?

There's a shitstorm on the horizon now my friend.
                          "Bruno?
                          He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

• no, Torontos paint guys didnt space the effin floor right, and amir brought PP into the paint on a massive brain fart. point being, there are reasons players ed up taking long shots...

Comment

Lowry got a pass because Casey drew up the play on the wrong side of the court..... Actually the entire team did.
                              The funny thing is DeRozan was better than Lowry in the playoffs.

Comment

• imanshumpert wrote: View Post
                                The funny thing is DeRozan was better than Lowry in the playoffs.
                                I really hope you don't believe that. Lowry struggled, but DD was abysmal.
                                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Working...
                                X