No announcement yet.

Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There are obvious differences and I never mentioned that he'd be the next scottie Pippen. The goal of posting this was to simply show some people who complain about DeRozan's "lack of progress" that it's not as bad as their imagining it.

Comment

• I always said that Demar and TMac have had eerily similar styles of play as young players in the NBA and their numbers show it. Demar has actually exceded the numbers of TMac in his sophomore year.

TMac
      Year Team G GS MPG FG% 3P% FT% OFF DE RPG AS SPG BPG TO PF PPG
      97-98 TOR 64 17 18.4 0.450 0.341 0.712 1.6 2.6 4.2 1.5 0.8 1.0 1.03 1.34 7.0
      98-99 TOR 49 2 22.6 0.436 0.229 0.726 2.4 3.2 5.7 2.3 1.1 1.4 1.63 1.92 9.3

Demar
      Year Team G GS MPG FG% 3P% FT% OFF DE RPG AS SPG BPG TO PF PPG
      09-10 TOR 77 65 21.6 0.498 0.250 0.763 0.9 2.0 2.9 0.7 0.6 0.2 0.81 2.29 8.6
      10-11 TOR 39 39 32.9 0.474 0.091 0.758 0.8 2.7 3.5 1.7 0.8 0.4 1.67 2.77 14.6

McGrady was a better defender, but the steals and blocks he got could be given to added height/length. TMacs got arms like a monkey. hah
      Obviously its a best case scenario, but I think its the most valid comparison at this point in his career.
      Last edited by Joey; Sat Jan 15, 2011, 06:56 PM.

Comment

• i dont think comparing derozan to pippen.. is a smart idea..... I mean no one is arguing with the fact demar can be a pretty good scorer in this league possibly. But wat made pippen so good was cause he could do a bunch of things and do them damn well.... demar not so much, he juss scores every other part of his game is weaker and needs quite a big amount of improvement. Demar has improved from lass year, and i know u were trying to make that point, but bad dude to compare him with is all.

Comment

• Just to be fair Derozan doesnt have that other guy that pippen played with either....i think he made everyone on his team a little better...and in saying that i still dont like the comparison....

Comment

• SitnonDfence wrote: View Post
            Just to be fair Derozan doesnt have that other guy that pippen played with either....i think he made everyone on his team a little better...and in saying that i still dont like the comparison....
            Steve Kerr? I agree... haha

Comment

• DeMar suffers from a very inconsistent shooting stroke. His success at the line indicates that he's likely to get better.

Comment

• Comparisions of the early years between a proven all time great and a player just now starting out really serves no purpose in reality in my view. I am assuming the intent here is to show that DD "could" become like Pippen. There are so many factors that go into Pippens stats and accomplishments nevermind the team/players he got to play with as well as coaching. The one significant difference physically is the advantage of length which Pippen had over DD. Physical attributes cannot be changed and matter during development of basketball skills. I also notice a seeming passivity in DD (maybe he covers his ferocity well) but I see him give up on the ball/play quite often. Cannot remember Pippen doing this... though I confess I saw him only in the big games and later in his career. DD has the remainder of this year and the first half of next year to show he is consistent on both sides of the ball with a bankable jumpshot...an absolute must for his position.

Comment

• We need to bring Charles Oakley as a coaching assistent then to toughen Derozan up.

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post
                    We need to bring Charles Oakley as a coaching assistent then to toughen Derozan up.

He just got the gig with the Bobcats in Dec.

Wonder if he and MJ have a go at it in practice...lol. Both like the tables so MJ may have hired him to carry the dice.

Comment

• ha ha - comparisons means everythings and nothing .....
                      we can try to check-out M.Jordan stats then compare it to Sonny Weems
                      May we have a future superstar ... and don't know yet

as Buddah just say:
                      Give us a break. Seriously

Comment

• I thought we had "Reggie" to toughen the Raptors up.

Maybe we need to hire Bill Laimbeer or better yet hire Zeke as head coach.

That might do the trick

His career record as a NBA coach is better than Trianos
                        Last edited by Buddahfan; Sun Jan 16, 2011, 01:50 PM.
                        Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
                        Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

• i dont get the point of the comparison. i could just as easily compare him to kerry kittles first two years and come to the conclusion that he'll be an even bigger bust.

just let him grow into his own player.

Comment

• Oh, DeMar

what a bipolar couple minutes there at the end
                            @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• growing pains, i know. i know.
                              @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• sonny weems tweeted during the game they were getting robbed. the life and times of our raptors.
                                @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Working...
                                X