No announcement yet.

Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This will probably end up being one of the better dunk contests in recent years.

IDK but I believe DD can steal this competition...as long as he doesn't get robbed by the NBA again!

You guys remember last years fiasco!? Several Raptors fans (myself included) reported having trouble voting online more than once due to some glitch. DD ended up losing by something like 1% of the vote...can you say "RIGGED"!

Comment

• Sprite Slam Dunk: Demar DeRozan

Comment

• Darryl Dawkins, Jus Fly and Demar Derozan

Here is the Trio, working on ideas for WestJet at the ACC. I just hope DeMar stays within his capabilities and what he's good at, added with new flare. If he does not look confident in his dunks, it'll show, and he'll get judged accordingly. He needs to make the fans and the crowd that's building within the NBA players, KNOW that he should win this contest. That's my opinion, still. But here is the clip. Enjoy the teaser:

LINK:
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fbLCN...mbedded#at=261
        The NBA Larry O'Brien Trophy's 'Big Decision': "This is hard..(smiling)...but..I've decided to take my talents to North Texas, to join The Dallas Mavericks.

"My Gladiator verses VS. what ya verse says"--Adversaree
        Check out my song "Beat Fighter 2010" (prod. by Pete Cannon)
        www.myspace.com/adversareeteamfresh
        http://www.youtube.com/user/adversaree
        http://twitter.com/#!/GiftOfSpeech (Twitter)

Comment

• Why Derozan should not play the three.

There has been some talk about DD playing at three spot for a while. On the surface it doesn't look like a bad idea since DD is big enough to play the three and it would let put another two on the floor (OJ Mayo comes up alot). When you really stop and think about it though, it would set this franchise back alot to move DD to the three. He is fast enough to guard twos and his size will give him a big advantage at that position in years to come, an advantage that he will lose against three's. At the same time he will be at a massive disadvantage defensively against big threes like Gerald Wallace. It's a matter of looking at the best return: we move Derozen to the three in order to put a good scorer at the two but by doing so we hurt Derozen's game. What we should be doing as a team is not looking at volume scoring two guards but at three point shooting three's. This will allow us to spread the floor without impeding Demar's development. It's a shame Peja wasn't a few years younger because he would ave fit what we need very well. I'm not sure who we could look at in this regard, but maybe someone like Dorell Wright would fit.
          "Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival."

-Churchill

Comment

• If the Raptors get a guy like Mayo, then moving DeRozan would make sense. But right now it makes most sense to play him as a SG. I'd rather the Raptors got a legit SF, so that DeRozan wouldn't have to play out of position. And while he has the height, he's simply not strong enough, at this point, to be able to defend most SFs. And defense is what the Raptors need to worry about most. Not getting another scorer at SG.
            Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
            Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

• Hear hear. I agree with both, but I still feel Mayo would be a bad fit for the team. We need to draft/trade for a bigger SF. Someone like Josh Smith would be fantastic.

Comment

• I think Derozan would get abused by post up 3's. Guys like Melo, Pierce, LeBron, and even the Beasley's and Wallace's would do damage. Then you have the guys with extra length, Durant, Gay, Deng....

I think DeMar ahould be a lock at the 2 spot for now, sure he has lots to work on, but it is the spot that best suits him going forward.
                Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

• It would be the same situation we have with Sonny at the 3 right now. What we need are defensive 3's who can shoot the long ball, like Ron Artest or Trevor Ariza. Of course they don't grow on trees, but yeah...if only Juju had a J...

We do need to concentrate more on defense, and perhaps change this no-defense culture we currently have. I would gladly watch a couple seasons of below 90ppg if we could at least stop teams from doing what they want.

Win > free pizza.

Comment

• In a couple seasons I don't think it'll really matter whether or not DeRozan is playing the 2 or 3. He just needs more bulk, experience and polish. Time will take care of that.

Comment

• Even "legit" threes will have trouble against Gerald Wallace. I'm not hung up on a players position, usage is far more important than position. If he's using pin-downs to get open and hit jumpers, he can do that at the two or three. Because of threes being taller they might be able to contest his jumper a better, but if you're a good guard in this league you should be able to get your shot off against any wing player.

Non-issue.

Comment

• Tim W. wrote: View Post
                        If the Raptors get a guy like Mayo, then moving DeRozan would make sense. But right now it makes most sense to play him as a SG. I'd rather the Raptors got a legit SF, so that DeRozan wouldn't have to play out of position. And while he has the height, he's simply not strong enough, at this point, to be able to defend most SFs. And defense is what the Raptors need to worry about most. Not getting another scorer at SG.
                        Agree. I cringe at the thought of DD guarding Lebron, Odom, Durant and Melo. Yikes.

Comment

• tbihis wrote: View Post
                          Agree. I cringe at the thought of DD guarding Lebron, Odom, Durant and Melo. Yikes.
                          Does anyone on the roster prevent you from cringing when you picture them guarding LeBron, Durant or Melo?

Comment

• DeRozan said he's got all of his dunk contest dunks. Said Dwight gave him some ideas, but he will not be putting on any superman outfit.
                            Source: Holly MacKenzie's Twitter Page

Comment

• It really depends on match-ups. For instance, it was a good decision to play Bayless and Barbosa together in the last 5 minutes of the 4th. The Clippers were consistently driving to the basket and getting fouls, so it was important to have your two quickest guards guarding the 1 and 2. Also, there was no danger of Aminu using a blow-by to get past Derozan, so it made since for him to play at the 3.

However, my dream off-season scenario is the Raptors overpay to get Afflalo (restricted free-agent) this offseason, to start at the 2 and move Derozan to the 3. He's young, athletic, consistent, and a proven 3-point threat on the top offensive team in the league. He's also a plus defender (would be the best defensive guard on the team). It would be tough to pry him from Denver, but I can wish.
                              -"You can’t run from me. I mean, my heart don’t bleed Kool-Aid."
                              -"“I ain’t no diva! I don’t have no blond hair, red hair. I’m Reggie Evans.”

Comment

• As long as Bargnani is here, DD will not be able to play the three unless he starts throwing down bowls of 'roids for breakfast and slurping bottles of HGH for lunch followed by a box of protein bars for supper and catching and skinning live baby deer before bed.

I really like DD's game as a 2 guard. The last 2 months - at 21 years of age - his averages have been right there with OJ's first 2 seasons - albeit when OJ was 21. OJ did his thing over 2 seasons and DD is just 2 months in. Consistency is important and only time will tell if DD can sustain this. His head appears to be on much straighter than OJ's.

Comment

Working...
                                X