Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raptors_ wrote: View Post
    thats only since january
    Who cares how many blocks a player gets? Bargani's blocks don't correlate to good defense, and I expect a 7 footer to block shots. SGs aren't expected to block shots. I'd rather see Bargnani get .5 blocks a game, but play good defense than see him block 2 a game and have him play defense the way he has been.
    Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
    Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

• As much as I like Derozan, I beleive he will regress if we trade Bargnani. In the small sample of games without Andrea Demar has struggled. Coincidence? I think not.

Comment

• Even though Andrea is infamously the worst defensive center in the league, and quite possibly the worst defensive player in general, for the sake of argument, I will agree with you: he is an absolute gem, shooting 0.448 from the field at seven feet. So given Andrea is a gem, how is DeMar a disappointment? His sophmore season has been at least as good as Andrea's; therefore, he is theoretically en route to be at least as good as Andrea: an gem to every other GM in the league.

DeMar is still a sophmore, 21 years of age. Even if he was significantly less productive than he is currently, say as productive as Andrea was in his sophmore season, he still has plenty of time to make an All-Star of himself.

I think we need to wait another year or two to even begin to pass judgment on whether DeMar has lived up to the potential we gave him, regardless of statistics. Relax.

Comment

• DunkinDerozan wrote: View Post
          As much as I like Derozan, I beleive he will regress if we trade Bargnani. In the small sample of games without Andrea Demar has struggled. Coincidence? I think not.
          That's what I'm saying, when AB's not playing , DD just disappears. At least Bargs tries to step up and be the man, tries to take over gams. it doesnt always work, but he gives it a shot. Demar just turtles yo.

Comment

• Tim W. wrote: View Post
            Who cares how many blocks a player gets? Bargani's blocks don't correlate to good defense, and I expect a 7 footer to block shots. SGs aren't expected to block shots. I'd rather see Bargnani get .5 blocks a game, but play good defense than see him block 2 a game and have him play defense the way he has been.
            Mr Defence all of a sudden doesn't like blocks? Wow make your mind I want your defenition of a good defensive player. I bet you don't even watch the games. You just check box scores and pop a bottle of champaigne when you see Bargnani has less than 5 boards a game.

Comment

• Junior wrote: View Post
              Even though Andrea is infamously the worst defensive center in the league, and quite possibly the worst defensive player in general, for the sake of argument, I will agree with you: he is an absolute gem, shooting 0.448 from the field at seven feet. So given Andrea is a gem, how is DeMar a disappointment? His sophmore season has been at least as good as Andrea's; therefore, he is theoretically en route to be at least as good as Andrea: an gem to every other GM in the league.

DeMar is still a sophmore, 21 years of age. Even if he was significantly less productive than he is currently, say as productive as Andrea was in his sophmore season, he still has plenty of time to make an All-Star of himself.

I think we need to wait another year or two to even begin to pass judgment on whether DeMar has lived up to the potential we gave him, regardless of statistics. Relax.
              Well Bargs was playing under Smitch, playing less minutes, and was being restricted from playing his full game.

I think there is too much hype on DD, and it is not being backed up by statistical relevance, which is my point.

Most ppl are responding to this thread with "Bargs sucks", which means they acknowledge my points on DD

Comment

• Multipaul wrote: View Post
                Let me help you:

Demar, career: 0.3 bpg (0.4 for this season)
                Turnovers per game: 1.2 career, 1.7 this season
                RPG: 3.3 career, 3.7 this year
                Personal Fouls: 2.5 career, 2.7 this year
                Points per Game: 12.4 career, 16.5 this season

Not a very big improvement at all

The word is : disappointing

Don't drink the Demar kool aid yo!
                Let me help you:

Bargnani, last season 1.4 bpg (0.7 this season)
                Turnovers: last season 1.5 (this year 2.3)
                Rbpg: 6.2 last season (5.2 this season)
                PPG: 17.2 last season (21.8 this season)

The word is: shit

Don't eat the primo pasta yo!

Comment

• DunkinDerozan wrote: View Post
                  Mr Defence all of a sudden doesn't like blocks? Wow make your mind I want your defenition of a good defensive player. I bet you don't even watch the games. You just check box scores and pop a bottle of champaigne when you see Bargnani has less than 5 boards a game.
                  LMAO, this is the rap of the day!

Comment

• Raptors_ wrote: View Post
                    Let me help you:

Bargnani, last season 1.4 bpg (0.7 this season)
                    Turnovers: last season 1.5 (this year 2.3)
                    Rbpg: 6.2 last season (5.2 this season)
                    PPG: 17.2 last season (21.8 this season)

The word is: shit

Don't eat the primo pasta yo!
                    Ummm...21.8 ppg.....from 17.2...that isnt good?

Come on burlington buckaroo, i know you are young, dont try and spar with the big boys yet

Comment

You call Bargs a laughing stock, here are his #'s since Jan 1:
                      January 1 (40 games) are: 19ppg, 6.5rpg 2bpg

Laughing stock to you means gem to every other GM in the league, face it
                      people should really check stats before believing this guy (or a Bargs fan in general).

He is actually averaging 0.7 blocks per game and 5 rebounds since January. (much worse as you get further away from january......)

Comment

• Turnovers per game: 1.2 career, 1.7 this season
                        RPG: 3.3 career, 3.7 this year
                        Personal Fouls: 2.5 career, 2.7 this year
                        Points per Game: 12.4 career, 16.5 this season
                        I hope you understand how stupid it is to compare a second year player's second year stats to his career average, when analyzing his development.

Comment

• GarbageTime wrote: View Post
                          people should really check stats before believing this guy (or a Bargs fan in general).

He is actually averaging 0.7 blocks per game and 5 rebounds since January. (much worse as you get further away from january......)
                          now your stats are just GARBAGE

Comment

• Junior wrote: View Post
                            I hope you understand how stupid it is to compare a second year player's second year stats to his career average, when analyzing his development.
                            dont be another DD apologist young Junior!

Comment

That's what I'm saying, when AB's not playing , DD just disappears. At least Bargs tries to step up and be the man, tries to take over gams. it doesnt always work, but he gives it a shot. Demar just turtles yo.
                              Yea good point. It takes a MAN to be the MAN. Not everyone is ready to handle the pressure of being the man. Bargnani could easily turtle up and take 8 shots per game if he cared about PER and all that bullshit. But he wants to be the man RESPECT.

Comment

Ummm...21.8 ppg.....from 17.2...that isnt good?

Come on burlington buckaroo, i know you are young, dont try and spar with the big boys yet
                                Lol stfu man!
                                Derozan
                                last season ppg:8.6
                                This season:16.4
                                thats a 7.8 ppg increase and that is a huge stride. Next season he'll be averaging 20+ppg and it took bargnani 3 season just to average 15ppg. So sit your old ass down "buckaroo"

Comment

Working...
                                X