Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
    I can only imagine what he had planned for the finals.
    He'll apparently put some video up on Twitter of what he had planned for the finals. Love it. So considerate of him. haha

Comment

• Which I believe he says in this actually.. haha Didn't see you had posted it.

Comment

• Rigged or not, DeMar probably would have received a higher score on his first dunk if he didn't go first. Judges always hold back on the first dunk of the night.

Also, if he'd brought Jose Calderon (a player who actually knows how to pass) instead of Amir Johnson, and gotten his dunk on the first try, even going first he would have gotten a 46 or 47.

My issue with each of JaVale's dunks is that it took so many tries. That has to count for something. Even if there's a time limit, if a guy tries it 6 times before getting it, it's lost a lot of luster for me.
        your pal,
        ebrian

Comment

• On Griffins 1st dunk, the one he completed isnt as difficult as the first one he attempted..everyone thinks its the same dunk, but it isnt, on his 1st attempt he brought the ball down to his side almost to hip level, which is why his head looked almost sideways, he missed that one twice, then did the old statue of liberty dunk , finishing 2 handed..but nowhere near the same dunk he originally tried. On his second of the 1st round, he kept failing on the 360 , that he just did a regular windmill off the side of the board...Demar went off the support behind the board and went through the legs on his first dunk and scored lower.
          McGee's dunks, for a 7 footer with some coordination, were'nt really that difficult.

Comment

• "I'm a dunker. Dunk contests, you go out there and dunk. I'm not into all the props and everything."
            -Demar Derozan
            Demar says he'll reconsider not doing it next year if they will reconsider all the props

At least he acknowledges that he was ripped off, and rightfully so.

Comment

• Link here:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=6147372

Best part about this is DD showing some personality and he's rightfully pissed off.
              Eh follow my TWITTER!

Comment

• joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
                Demar says he'll reconsider not doing it next year if they will reconsider all the props

At least he acknowledges that he was ripped off, and rightfully so.
                props are ruining the dunk contest the way auto-tuning is ruining the music industry.

at first it seemed like a good idea, even if it was clearly gimmicky.. but now people think its a legit way to operate

Blake Griffin is the Lil Jon of dunking. nowhere near the most talented at what he does, but brings nifty toys to distract you from his lack of ability

Comment

• heinz57 wrote: View Post
                  props are ruining the dunk contest the way auto-tuning is ruining the music industry.

at first it seemed like a good idea, even if it was clearly gimmicky.. but now people think its a legit way to operate

Blake Griffin is the Lil Jon of dunking. nowhere near the most talented at what he does, but brings nifty toys to distract you from his lack of ability
                  Fully Awesome.

Comment

+1

Comment

Heinz please don't diss Lil Jon in my presence.

That dude never uses an auto tuner!
                      Eh follow my TWITTER!

Comment

• Employee wrote: View Post
                        Heinz please don't diss Lil Jon in my presence.

That dude never uses an auto tuner!
                        to be perfectly honest, i dont know Lil Jon from John Mayer... i just know Lil Jon has an iphone auto-tuning app... and i hate that 90% of songs today have that silly robot voice.

Comment

• DeRozan Bashes Dunk Competition

CHARLOTTE, N.C. -- Toronto Raptors guard DeMar DeRozan vows he's finished competing in the NBA's slam dunk contest unless the myriad of props that dominated Saturday's event are eliminated.

Asked Tuesday if he thinks he was robbed when he didn't reach the final of the competition, DeRozan replied, "I think so." Blake Griffin of the Los Angeles Clippers won by leaping over a car to edge Washington's JaVale McGee in the last round.

"I'm a dunker. Dunk contests, you go out there and dunk. I'm not into all the props and everything," DeRozan said at shootaround before Tuesday's game against Charlotte. "I try to come out with a creative dunk and do it and go from there. My fans liked it and you can see the reaction from a lot of people afterward.

"If there's a dunk contest next year I'll do it. But not no prop dunk contest."

A Los Angeles native and former player at Southern California, DeRozan says he was disappointed in how the contest played out in his hometown after spending extra time practicing and preparing creative dunks. He didn't include props such as the car, a stuffed toy and using an extra basket as other competitors did.

DeRozan feels the extra elements cheapens the contest.

"I think a lot of people probably look at it like that. It seems that way when you watch it," he said. "This year I put thought into it. I practiced, had dunks ready and everything. It is what it is. I did it two years in a row. I'm good."

Asked if he would reconsider, DeRozan said he would only compete again if the All-Star game is held in Toronto or if the rules are changed to eliminate props.

"There's no telling what might happen next year," DeRozan said. "Somebody might use a trampoline."
                          Source: CBS Sports

I can see it now. Some people outside Toronto are going to fire back and say he's just saying this because he lost while totally ignoring a very valid point. The damn thing was full of gimmicks. The best dunks in my opinion were on one basket, with one ball and with no props. Ibaka had a great one and DeRozan had two of the best dunks in the competition. The dunk competition in my opinion has lost all credibility now.

DeRozan is predicting trampoline, I'm predicting some sort of elaborate pulley system. We'll have to wait and see who's right.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                            Source: CBS Sports

I can see it now. Some people outside Toronto are going to fire back and say he's just saying this because he lost while totally ignoring a very valid point. The damn thing was full of gimmicks. The best dunks in my opinion were on one basket, with one ball and with no props. Ibaka had a great one and DeRozan had two of the best dunks in the competition. The dunk competition in my opinion has lost all credibility now.

DeRozan is predicting trampoline, I'm predicting some sort of elaborate pulley system. We'll have to wait and see who's right.
                            Ya, put this up in the Dunk Contest thread a couple hours ago. Good for him for saying something though.

Comment

• I don't disagree with him at all. I said as much on my latest post...
                              http://www.wearingfilm.com/picketfen...l-star-game-2/

In fact, I thought the entire All-Star Weekend was a little sickening. I didn't even watch the game, because I'd been so turned off by everything else that by the time the game came along, I'd had enough. I'm SO glad the regular games are back.
                              Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                              Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

• I'd be a lot more impressed if Blake dunked over a hungry tiger. And there needs to be more fire. I find there's not nearly enough flames in the dunk competition.

Just wondering here people, totally agree it was ridiculous but imagine if the tables were turned. What if DD jumped over the car on won the competition. We'd all be commending him on his creativity.
                                Eh follow my TWITTER!

Comment

Working...
                                X