Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
    Ya, put this up in the Dunk Contest thread a couple hours ago. Good for him for saying something though.
    Hmmm, I think I'll move this over and adjusted the thread title...

Comment

• heinz57 wrote: View Post
      to be perfectly honest, i dont know Lil Jon from John Mayer... i just know Lil Jon has an iphone auto-tuning app... and i hate that 90% of songs today have that silly robot voice.
      It's all good man. But I think you're thinkin of T-Pain.
      Eh follow my TWITTER!

Comment

• Employee wrote: View Post
        I'd be a lot more impressed if Blake dunked over a hungry tiger. And there needs to be more fire. I find there's not nearly enough flames in the dunk competition.

Just wondering here people, totally agree it was ridiculous but imagine if the tables were turned. What if DD jumped over the car on won the competition. We'd all be commending him on his creativity.
        That first line is some good comedy.

The second line is probably true if he dunks over the car, like where people sit. Jumping the hood was not all that impressive. I still do not see what the big deal was. Even the announcer - forget which one - said it at the time.

If Griffin made it in to the final legitimately I do not have a beef. McGee's dunks in the final weren't that exciting for me. In terms of the final, Griffin won. In terms of the whole contest, I contest.

Comment

• Employee wrote: View Post
          It's all good man. But I think you're thinkin of T-Pain.
          ahhhhhhh ya you're right.

my hip hop knowledge ends with the end of the golden era.. `95

Comment

• This guy ACTUALLY jumps over the car. If Blake did this and not just over the wheels, it'd be different.

Comment

• Hey, Demar knew what he was getting into. He can cry all he wants but he dropped an egg on the 1st dunk thanks to Amir. It really was underwhelming, albeit techincally dope.

Unfortunately, it's gimmicks that reign supreme in the farce of a dunk contest. He should've pulled out some shite gimmick dunk to begin with, like dunked a watermelon or drop a turd in mid air. That would've got him an e-z 50 and a pass into the 2nd round along with the show stopper dunk.

Comment

• What Blake did was blatant product placement. I made the statement on the NBA board, it sure would have been a shame if Blake didn't make the finals and the NBA lost out on all the advertising income and all those choir singers didn't get to put on their show. Lucky for everyone he made the finals by finishing dunks that deserved the scores he was awarded...

Multipaul wrote: View Post
                Hey, Demar knew what he was getting into. He can cry all he wants but he dropped an egg on the 1st dunk thanks to Amir. It really was underwhelming, albeit techincally dope.

Unfortunately, it's gimmicks that reign supreme in the farce of a dunk contest. He should've pulled out some shite gimmick dunk to begin with, like dunked a watermelon or drop a turd in mid air. That would've got him an e-z 50 and a pass into the 2nd round along with the show stopper dunk.
                His first dunk was more difficult than any other in that first round. I agree though, Amir was out there.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                  What Blake did was blatant product placement. I made the statement on the NBA board, it sure would have been a shame if Blake didn't make the finals and the NBA lost out on all the advertising income and all those choir singers didn't get to put on their show. Lucky for everyone he made the finals by finishing dunks that deserved the scores he was awarded...
                  I hear ya. I called it weeks before for the record. He is the darling of the NBA. Even if he had fallen face first on the hood of that car and broke his grill they wouldve given him a 50. The blatant product placement just shows it was fixed from the get go. It really is a joke at this point, no wonder "higher caliber" players such as LBJ, etc, don't want to participate in it, it's just a gimmick fest now.

Comment

• I didn't believe it leading up to the dunk competition. Even after it was over and I tried to figure out what just witnessed in disbelief it was hard to accept. The NBA has ruined the Dunk Competition.

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
                      That first line is some good comedy.

The second line is probably true if he dunks over the car, like where people sit. Jumping the hood was not all that impressive. I still do not see what the big deal was. Even the announcer - forget which one - said it at the time.

If Griffin made it in to the final legitimately I do not have a beef. McGee's dunks in the final weren't that exciting for me. In terms of the final, Griffin won. In terms of the whole contest, I contest.
                      It was the man Barkely who said it. Callin Blake's dunk not all that great.
                      Eh follow my TWITTER!

Comment

• im not even mad that demar didnt win.. im mad that dunking didnt win.

the only thing impressive about blake's dunk was that i cant do it.

but anybody in the dunk contest.. hell, half of the players in the NBA.. coulda pulled off the same dunk, but wouldnt be given the option of a car and a choir.

Comment

• Exactly, if they ever have a gimmick free contest, it will be good. But....a few yrs ago, before the gimmicks got inserted..they were saying the dunk contest was "dead" and "uninteresting"...so I guess there would have to be a comfortable medium...

Comment

• This is the sort of thing that's going to be needed next year before the dunk even happens should a competitor really want a shot at beating Blake Griffin:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QeoHcB9_wss

This year "coaches", next year "directors".

Comment

• the only way to beat griffin next year is if somebody else has the superhuman physical ability to............. get a bmw advertising deal.

Comment

• If somebody could get Usher to sing a song while standing on a giant can of Pepsi while wearing a Netflix T-Shirt that could tip the scales as well. Hell, the dunker might only need to do a layup or a jumpshot at that point.

Comment

Working...
                                X