No announcement yet.

Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ed on defense and Demar on offense. I think DD can up his game on D, and has loads of room to go (and seemingly will) on offense. I like the Okafor reference by Raptors_ as I was hoping for exactly that in looking at Ed earlier this year. Ed will be a beast on defense and workmanlike on offense. DD the opposite. In the end their games will complement one another very well.

Comment

• heinz57 wrote: View Post
      Apples. this discussion is over.
      +1 Oranges are just way too much work.

Comment

• Copywryter wrote: View Post
        Both will be reliable starters in the NBA, but stars? Kobe and VC? Unlimited potential? Are you people all on crack?
        I glanced through the comments but didn't see those references. I definitely don't see Kobe material from DD. VC had way more natural talent and ability than DD, the difference was Vince didn't work. I doubt DD reaches VC at his best but the years he was around 24 points are possible as with rebound totals, in time, but the passing/assists and 3 pt shooting are unlikely to be reached (the three point shooting may be a pleasing in disguise as it is easier to chuck three's than drive and get to the line). I think an explosive Rip Hamilton might be a good comparison which is not a slap in the face since the guy helped win a championship and was an All-Star.

Ed Davis might never be a star, in the sense of jaw dropping plays like Blake Griffin or Shawn Kemp (before the coke, booze, and food), but I definitely think an Al Horford/Joakim Noah-like comparison is possible. Again both aren't 'stars' but just about every team in the NBA would want those guys given the chance.

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
          I glanced through the comments but didn't see those references. I definitely don't see Kobe material from DD. VC had way more natural talent and ability than DD, the difference was Vince didn't work. I doubt DD reaches VC at his best but the years he was around 24 points are possible as with rebound totals, in time, but the passing/assists and 3 pt shooting are unlikely to be reached (the three point shooting may be a pleasing in disguise as it is easier to chuck three's than drive and get to the line). I think an explosive Rip Hamilton might be a good comparison which is not a slap in the face since the guy helped win a championship and was an All-Star.

Ed Davis might never be a star, in the sense of jaw dropping plays like Blake Griffin or Shawn Kemp (before the coke, booze, and food), but I definitely think an Al Horford/Joakim Noah-like comparison is possible. Again both aren't 'stars' but just about every team in the NBA would want those guys given the chance.
          Demar will be better than VC i guarantee it. Just watch, in a few seasons he'll be putting up 25 - 27 PPG.

Comment

• Raptors_ wrote: View Post
            Demar will be better than VC i guarantee it. Just watch, in a few seasons he'll be putting up 25 - 27 PPG.
            Oooo... I don't know about that Raptors_. Perhaps, but 'guarentee'? Them's strong words. haha
            And that's not a slight to Demar at all.

Vince was a VERY special player for more than a few years. And he was showing that within his first couple years in the league.
            Now mind you, Vince was already 21-22 when he was drafted. So he did have a few years on Demar as well.

Y'know, I don't know ... perhaps I have a slightly inflated view of Carter because he was the sole individual that got me out to Raptors games and watching them on the Regular basis. But I just think that people forget how good Carter really was, and for as long as he was, while with us.

Demar has ALOT to prove before he can be compared to 'Half Man, Half Amazing'.

I think Demar will create his own name for himself

Comment

• joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
              Oooo... I don't know about that Raptors_. Perhaps, but 'guarentee'? Them's strong words. haha
              And that's not a slight to Demar at all.

Vince was a VERY special player for more than a few years. And he was showing that within his first couple years in the league.
              Now mind you, Vince was already 21-22 when he was drafted. So he did have a few years on Demar as well.

Y'know, I don't know ... perhaps I have a slightly inflated view of Carter because he was the sole individual that got me out to Raptors games and watching them on the Regular basis. But I just think that people forget how good Carter really was, and for as long as he was, while with us.

At first I thought the same way too. Demar has got one thing on VC: work ethic. He has the tools and he seems to want to be a great player. While VC has a nice jumper, he didn't seem to want to learn any new skills after his athleticism started going the way of the dodo.

But I ain't no fortune teller.
              Eh follow my TWITTER!

Comment

• Employee wrote: View Post
                At first I thought the same way too. Demar has got one thing on VC: work ethic. He has the tools and he seems to want to be a great player. While VC has a nice jumper, he didn't seem to want to learn any new skills after his athleticism started going the way of the dodo.
                i gotta agree... in a weird way, VC and DD remind me of me and my brother... i was always gifted.. smart, tall, physically gifted... i didnt really have to try very hard at anything... i could get stoned, blitzed out of my mind.. on a school night... study on the bus to school in the morning, and do perfectly well at exams

my brother was an IDIOT... dumb as rocks... short chubby kid.. he'd have to study for weeks just to manage Cs & Ds in his courses..

as my brother put it, eventually we evened out.... as i put it, we didn't even out at all... he totally tipped the scale over

while i was busy counting change to get another dime... my brother was busting his ass off just to get by... but all the things he'd been doing finally started adding up.. he had systems for studying.. he worked out on a regular basis.. he hit a growth spurt and shot up like a foot and a half in a year's time.. by the time we graduated high school, he was taller than me, in better shape than me, getting scholarship offers, and could kick my ass...

today, he's easily the smartest person i know... and im still buying them dimes..

potential doesn't happen overnight.. i have high hopes for demar

Comment

• heinz57 wrote: View Post
                  i gotta agree... in a weird way, VC and DD remind me of me and my brother... i was always gifted.. smart, tall, physically gifted... i didnt really have to try very hard at anything... i could get stoned, blitzed out of my mind.. on a school night... study on the bus to school in the morning, and do perfectly well at exams

my brother was an IDIOT... dumb as rocks... short chubby kid.. he'd have to study for weeks just to manage Cs & Ds in his courses..

as my brother put it, eventually we evened out.... as i put it, we didn't even out at all... he totally tipped the scale over

while i was busy counting change to get another dime... my brother was busting his ass off just to get by... but all the things he'd been doing finally started adding up.. he had systems for studying.. he worked out on a regular basis.. he hit a growth spurt and shot up like a foot and a half in a year's time.. by the time we graduated high school, he was taller than me, in better shape than me, getting scholarship offers, and could kick my ass...

today, he's easily the smartest person i know... and im still buying them dimes..

potential doesn't happen overnight.. i have high hopes for demar
                  Nice analogy!

At the Sloan conference they said the same thing comparing Jamario Moon and Gerald Wallace.
                  Eh follow my TWITTER!

Comment

• Raptors_ wrote: View Post
                    Vince at his best did more than put up points.

Comment

• DeMar. I remember being overjoyed when the raps drafted him (he said he'd love to play for Toronto, I liked what I saw during march madness) and being a little depressed when he didn't do much as a rook. Granted, he was probably the very last offensive option and would get yanked early way too often (IMO) but still. This year he's really blown me away, especially how he's actually gotten better as the season ends. No white flag, no complaints outside of hating losing. Those are tremendous leadership qualities that I only remember certain older vet players having in our history. I can honestly say I won't be surprised if DeMar is a perennial allstar. He's got the work ethic and talent. Now, I'm not knocking Ed, I love the guy, but I just think DeMar has a higher ceiling.

Anyways, I'm really excited about our future. If we have a great draft I really think we could be a playoff team as early as next season.
                      @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• Hmm, it's really not fair because I believe as of now Ed's a more complete player than Demar at their respective positions. Therefore technically DeMar has more upside because he has more areas in which he has to improve on. For Ed, he has solid fundamentals, and only needs a bit of polishing and a lot of muscle. But we already know that he gets it. But in the end, and from what I've seen so far, I'd have Ed as having the better career when all is said and done, just because I think he has the higher bbal IQ to go with his physical abilities.

Comment

• joey_hesketh wrote: View Post

yea, the nickname for demar should be flight #10. I still think Demar will overtake VC.

Comment

• im just waiting for the day a really good free agent actually wants to come to toronto and we pick them up. off topic but ya

Comment

• pesterm1 wrote: View Post
                              im just waiting for the day a really good free agent actually wants to come to toronto and we pick them up. off topic but ya
                              Ugh. See Turkoglu, Hedo. hahah

He was actually considered to be pretty 'Tier 1' Free Agent that summer.

Comment

• Ed Davis hands down. I don't know about an All-Star but a very service-able (gritty and fundamental) player and as an anchor on defence. Definitely Ed. His game will garner him the nickname, "Honest Ed".
                                “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

Working...
                                X