View Poll Results: Grade Derozan's Season.

Voters
67. You may not vote on this poll
  • A

1 1.49%
  • B

18 26.87%
  • C

40 59.70%
  • D

8 11.94%
  • F

0 0%
Page 52 of 258 FirstFirst ... 2 42 50 51 52 53 54 62 102 152 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,040 of 5143

Thread: Everything Demar Derozan

Post Thanks / Like

The offense they've been running for him isn't very good either, keep that in mind.

But yeah, no way he's an all-star.
    @jerboat

Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

dribble moves and confidence. He needs to learn break his man off the dribble and use his quickness

Post Thanks / Like

the main problem to why he hasn't made the leap players like VC and Kobe made.
    Despite all of his physical attributes, is often satisfied to 'go with the flow'. Does not look to dominate ... His on court presence leaves much to be desired at this stage of his development .. He plays hard, but rarely full throttle ... Passion to be a superstar has always been questioned

Raptors Republic Superstar TheGloveinRapsUniform's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Doc Naismith wrote: View Post
    DeMar will be fine. I'm obviously not a sports psychologist by any means, but I think DeMar is his own worst enemy. It's a mental thing for him. Now I'm basing this opinion on his own quotes, but you can't fault his work ethic because by all accounts he's a gym rat both during the off-season and currently now. He's young and still has alot of growth ahead him. Is there the potential of him becoming an all-star one day? Absolutely, but he's not there yet.
    Agree. I think there's really something more to it than he just not playing up to par. He may have a minor injury, or maybe he feels sensitive towards the fact that Bargnani is getting more plays run for him rather Demar.

Remember when we all felt like Kleiza wasnt playing to his potential when in actuality he was nursing an injury....

Post Thanks / Like

DeMar got the ball right off the bat last night. If hit those 2 wide open jumpers and instead of going for a layup and getting blocked, he dunked that ball on Javale Mcgee. It would have made a big difference and he would have continued to get the ball. Its not his teammates its him, he's just not scoring

Post Thanks / Like

Quote ceez wrote: View Post
    The offense they've been running for him isn't very good either, keep that in mind.

But yeah, no way he's an all-star.
    Being an SG, i dont think he really needs plays to be run for him. A screen here or there and ISO, and thats probably about it.

He needs to control his dribble and show aggression.

Raptors Republic Superstar heinz57's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

you know the kinda guy who goes to a club, and thinks i'm going to get laid... doesnt matter who.. i'm just going to take whats available for the taking and get laid..

thats demar

kobe goes to the club and thinks "ONLY dimes. and ONLY dimes that open the back door. Anything less is failure. I have the skills to make it happen. It's worth a little poo on my soldier just to prove i can"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote heinz57 wrote: View Post
    you know the kinda guy who goes to a club, and thinks i'm going to get laid... doesnt matter who.. i'm just going to take whats available for the taking and get laid..

thats demar

kobe goes to the club and thinks "ONLY dimes. and ONLY dimes that open the back door. Anything less is failure. I have the skills to make it happen. It's worth a little poo on my soldier just to prove i can"
    hahahahahahahahahaha

Raptors Republic All-Star wallz's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

thats demar

Best. reference. ever.

Administrator Dr. James Naismith's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

thats demar

*Standing ovation*

You sir should have your own hall of fame of witty quotes here. If you aren't a comedian heinz, you missed your calling buddy.

Post Thanks / Like

*Standing ovation*

You sir should have your own hall of fame of witty quotes here. If you aren't a comedian heinz, you missed your calling buddy.
    i have a wannabe comedian friend who apparently stole my material... his words... i dont even remember saying what he stole..

it's really just conversation to me... if you make it a "thing", and im self conscious about it... it wont happen..

same thing goes with women... i handle my own fairly well.. but the second somebody is like "yo, you need to move on that chick".. they made it a thing.. and i wont do shit

Raptors Republic All-Star saints91's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I really hope DeMar turns this around. I'm a bit worried because he is a key to future success. Maybe just focus on defence and not put so much pressure on his offence. He should not force his game. We really need him to be a contributer in the furture, not necessarily an all-star but a guy that puts up an efficient 12-18 points a night. If we can't get that, this team is taking a step back from last year.

In the future, we need to pick up a good SF (hopefully addressed with the upcoming draft), and pick up some better pieces off the bench. I love how Amir is playing and I see the value you J.J. off the bench. We have stuff to build off of, but I think DeMar is an important piece that needs to be addressed. We have a very bright future!

This is a building year!

Post Thanks / Like

same thing goes with women... i handle my own fairly well.. but the second somebody is like "yo, you need to move on that chick".. they made it a thing.. and i wont do shit
    Alcohol usually helps with that.

Post Thanks / Like

Alcohol usually helps with that.
    i do my best work two steps away from throwing up in gutters

Post Thanks / Like

DeMar Go HAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Raptors Republic Starter albertan_10's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Weems or DeRozan?

I realize this is going to spark up a lot of controversy but that's what makes these places kind of fun.

So i know there are a lot of people out there who do not like Weems because he had a bad season last year and lost focus, but if you see any of his games from Lithuania, he seems very calm and mature in his approach. He's having a much better year than DeRozan has had so far and seems to have a better handle and shot. He basically plays the same position as deRozan and is just a little shorter.

thoughts, rants, complaints?

Raptors Republic Starter japetas's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

If we don't get any SF from Draft, we could keep both of them and play both of them at time, but DeMar should prove, that we needn't any player to replace him.

Post Thanks / Like

No disrespect to the league Weems is playing in overseas, but I don't think the comparison is fair. NBA is the obvious crème de la crème of the basketball world and the pressure to perform here can't be compared anywhere else in my opinion. You put DeMar over in Lithuania and I bet he takes the league by storm even moreso than Weems is currently. I'm much more comfortable with a struggling DeMar then a Sonny period.

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

I am still with Demar but what I liked when Weems was backing him up was they pushed each other and often when one was having an off day the other was not. This would mean that Weems would have to accept being the bench backup guy and if he has learned anything in the European leagues hopefully maturity is one of them.

Raptors Republic Starter japetas's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

You put DeMar over in Lithuania and I bet he takes the league by storm even moreso than Weems is currently.
    I don't think so... Shooters fit better in European basketball (we all know DeMar isn't great shooter) athleticism is advantage too, but there aren't defencive 3 seconds rule, so if you decide drive to the rim, you are going to face with at least one big guy near the basket. I think that's why Ty Lawson struggled in Lithuania.
    Last edited by japetas; Fri Jan 13th, 2012 at 12:12 AM.
    (Sorry for poor English )

Page 52 of 258 FirstFirst ... 2 42 50 51 52 53 54 62 102 152 ... LastLast

Thread Information