• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DD and #20 for Gali and #7 !!
    What happened to this trade ?

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
      Crazy talk man.

Vonleh got hurt in training camp, so he was way behind by the time he was able to get onto the court to practice. As a 19 yr old, that is a pretty tough set back to overcome.

Factor in Charlotte's obsession with trying to make the playoffs (even with a pretty flawed team) and they wouldn't open the rotation to the talented big.

The Bosh Love comparisons are actually from his draft profile. He is physically more like Bosh but his offence and defence both project to be somewhere between Love/Bosh. A full year younger than fellow draftee Julius Randle to boot.

DD should be gone next year. He is going to get overpaid by someone and it shouldn't be us. Moving him now makes the most sense and Vonleh has a very high ceiling.
      The crazy talk is comparing this guy to Bosh and Love. We can drag up player comparisons from draft reports all night and most of them will be hilariously inaccurate. They mean nothing. His injury had him back in action in training camp… and then he couldn't crack the rotation on a 33 win team and played behind guys like Jeffrey Taylor, PJ Hairston and the corpse of Jason Maxiell… and this is after the Hornets burned a top 10 pick on him a few months before. And then they basically dumped him yesterday in a trade. He's a good buy low candidate but he's not worth the hype you're handing out.

Comment

• OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
        They all love DD's off-court stuff...with little regard for his actual on court production (a net zero at best)
        I'll openly admit this; that was me until the on court production just became too much to ignore. This definitely reads worse then I actually mean it.
        "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
        "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

• Like it or not, DeRozan will retire a Raptor

I'm not even part of the camp that says we have to keep DeRozan at all costs. If a deal that greatly benefits us long-term comes along, by all means trade him. But this idea that he "has to go" before he signs some monster contract or simply because he isn't good is one that is very likely not shared by the people running the Raptors, Masai included.

Saw all these "dream" scenarios of swapping DeRozan for mediocre prospects or mid-late lottery picks prior to the draft, which are the exact same things people were suggesting last year (DD to the Lakers for 7 ring a bell?). It's not going to happen. The dude is going to be a Raptor-lifer, if that makes some of you want to jump off a cliff... then by all means.

I don't think DeRozan is a superstar or anything, but sometimes the NBA isn't all about blowing unless you have a championship team (some fans have that mentality, but if all front offices did teams like Houston, Atlanta and Golden State wouldn't be where they're at right now), sometimes it is about building with what you have and DeRozan is an all-star talent in his prime who's high character and willing to be part of something bigger in Toronto (those last 2 things are the least important but still very key when building a team).

Some of you ought to broaden your perspective a little because it seems very likely this dude is going to retire a Raptor.

Comment

• This won't end well lol
            "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• The dude hasnt even finished his second contract, its a bit early to say that he is a raptor for life. If im making someone the face of my franchise for their whole career then they better be a superstar (not all star, there is a massive difference). Accepting that we should build around dd is saying that you are content being a mediocre team for dds whole career. the raps wont get a better player to build around in free agency so hopefully casey develops (LOL!) bruno or jv to become a centerpiece.

Comment

• After this year we have no power what so ever to dictate his future. It is just smart business to sell him now. Who knows what we can get for dd.

I wouldn't trust him to stay after how many times we have been burnt

Comment

• I hope he's the first raptor lifer. Doesn't mean the team has to keep as the number one option. He's clearly more suited as 2nd/3rd option on a championship team.

People have wanted him gone since we drafted him, and I believe and continue to believe that he is not going anywhere
                  I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

• JWash wrote: View Post
                    I'm not even part of the camp that says we have to keep DeRozan at all costs. If a deal that greatly benefits us long-term comes along, by all means trade him. But this idea that he "has to go" before he signs some monster contract or simply because he isn't good is one that is very likely not shared by the people running the Raptors, Masai included.

Saw all these "dream" scenarios of swapping DeRozan for mediocre prospects or mid-late lottery picks prior to the draft, which are the exact same things people were suggesting last year (DD to the Lakers for 7 ring a bell?). It's not going to happen. The dude is going to be a Raptor-lifer, if that makes some of you want to jump off a cliff... then by all means.

I don't think DeRozan is a superstar or anything, but sometimes the NBA isn't all about blowing unless you have a championship team (some fans have that mentality, but if all front offices did teams like Houston, Atlanta and Golden State wouldn't be where they're at right now), sometimes it is about building with what you have and DeRozan is an all-star talent in his prime who's high character and willing to be part of something bigger in Toronto (those last 2 things are the least important but still very key when building a team).

Some of you ought to broaden your perspective a little because it seems very likely this dude is going to retire a Raptor.
                    Can of worms opened.

Can of worms say DD cannot be worth a large contract based on production.

Can of worms is roumoured to have a source that spreads the rumour that DD wants lots of money

Can of worms suggests that we should move on

And I say he is a shitty player

Comment

• I_Worship_Joe_Johnson wrote: View Post
                      I hope he's the first raptor lifer. Doesn't mean the team has to keep as the number one option. He's clearly more suited as 2nd/3rd option on a championship team.

People have wanted him gone since we drafted him, and I believe and continue to believe that he is not going anywhere
                      People constantly say that he doesnt have to be the number 1 option but i see problems there. First off, how are you getting that better option? No superstar is coming in freeagency anytime soon. I dont think we are gunna be able to trade kl for a superstar, so that leaves internal development (jv is the only real hope but with how he is used no way). He also seems like a selfish player (as in he is foing to take his 17 shots regardless of if it is falling or not) so i question whether or not he can play a lesser role.

Comment

• Holy jeez, buddy is like 25... thats one hell of an assumption! MC Happy will feel like he's in a living hell if this becomes true...

Comment

• oh boy here we go again lool
                          Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• so this is what the Derozan fanboys are reduced to now? "Like it or not"?

anyway there's less than zero reason to suggest this as some sort of fact.

Derozan isn't a very good player. I doubt he's here after a year because there are dumber GMs than Masai who will pay him the big money he doesn't deserve.

Comment

• Very pointless rant. Nothing that hasn't been already said in the Everything Derozan thread.

I look forward to the day that the mods need to rename it the "Everything DeTraded"
                              Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• I'm good, as long as we don't pay him $25M a year!

Comment

Working...
                                X