No announcement yet.

Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't see any reason we should trade Derozan unless a godfather deal comes up.
    #JaysWinningLikeItz93'

Comment

• I'm pumped for DeMar's contract season. He's going to be all business, likely improving his shooting and defense, trying his utmost to demonstrate that he's worth max dollars. I think we'll see a lot of his advanced stats jump considerably and I don't see a healthy and driven trio of DeMar, Kyle, and Carroll losing a lot of games in the East.

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
        I'm pumped for DeMar's contract season. He's going to be all business, likely improving his shooting and defense, trying his utmost to demonstrate that he's worth max dollars. I think we'll see a lot of his advanced stats jump considerably and I don't see a healthy and driven trio of DeMar, Kyle, and Carroll losing a lot of games in the East.
        yup, if Lou, has shown anything , its that guys on contract years under Casey play team first well rounded games

Comment

• raptors999 wrote: View Post
          yup, if Lou, has shown anything , its that guys on contract years under Casey play team first well rounded games
          LOL

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
            Just highlighting inconsistencies in the District of DeRozan constitution.
            no idea what inconsistencies you're highlighting...

i've never claimed that demar is better than lowry.

i've openly said many times that this team goes as far as lowry takes us
            "Bruno?
            Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
            He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

• thead wrote: View Post
              That's nothing you guys

I once played a game of basketball with the entire left side of my body amputated. I turned out "all right"

Also dare I switch my avatar back to my destroyed ankle?
              Don't be a baby.
              Just a "flesh wound".

Comment

But wasn't DeRozan playing great?

How come the offense was 24th when DeRozan was getting his?

Oh right.
                This is the kind of thing that I mean when people let their biases get in the way of sound thinking.

Do you guys honestly not remember that we had some great games when DeMar was playing well? That the offense was humming? Or do you allow your memories to be distorted to fit a prejudicial narrative?

I mean he was 23.9/6.0/4.1 on 54.6%TS in March and 24.1/3.7/4.9 on 58.1%TS in April. The team Orating was 110.4 in March and 108.8 in April.

The offense was NOT 24th in the months of February and March. It was 8th.
                http://stats.nba.com/league/team/#!/...03%2F31%2F2015

If we run from February through April we were 7th. If you just use April, when DeMar won his Player of the Month, the offense was 7th. If you run March through April, which is when DeMar was his hottest, we were 3rd.

If you want to point to the single month of February, yes, we were 24th in offense for a stretch of 11 games during the All-Star shortened month. And in that month DeMar had his second-lowest PPG (16.7) and FGA/g, and his lowest TS%, while Lowry and Ross had an even worse TS%. So clearly the offense was not suffering just because he was "trying to get his".

Then you start chirping about the District of DeRozan when you can't even be bothered to fact check. It's just ridiculous.
                Last edited by Scraptor; Sat Jul 11, 2015, 02:23 AM.

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
                  This is the kind of thing that I mean when people let their biases get in the way of sound thinking.

Do you guys honestly not remember that we had some great games when DeMar was playing well? That the offense was humming? Or do you allow your memories to be distorted to fit a prejudicial narrative?

I mean he was 23.9/6.0/4.1 on 54.6%TS in March and 24.1/3.7/4.9 on 58.1%TS in April. The team Orating was 110.4 in March and 108.8 in April.

If we run from February through April we were 7th. If you just use April, when DeMar won his Player of the Month, the offense was 7th. If you run March through April, which is when DeMar was his hottest, we were 3rd.

If you want to point to the single month of February, yes, we were 24th in offense for a stretch of 11 games during the All-Star shortened month. And in that month DeMar had his second-lowest PPG (16.7) and FGA/g, and his lowest TS%, while Lowry and Ross had an even worse TS%. So clearly the offense was not suffering just because he was "trying to get his".

Then you start chirping about the District of DeRozan when you can't even be bothered to fact check. It's just ridiculous.
                  I been told.

I took a guys statement at his word.

Oops, I did it again.

The district might have won this battle, but the war rages on. Lol

Comment

I been told.

I took a guys statement at his word.

Oops, I did it again.

The district might have won this battle, but the war rages on. Lol
                    You're one of the smarter people on here when you're thinking clearly, but honestly I think when it comes to DeRozan you get like this red haze over your thoughts (like a bull or something) because you dislike him so much. It's basically exactly what you accuse DeRozan 'fanboys' of but in the other direction.

EDIT: Btw if the name for DeRozan fans is 'District of DeRozan', what's the name for the other side? 'City of Criticism'?
                    Last edited by JWash; Sat Jul 11, 2015, 07:55 AM.

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post

no, in february the team rated a 97.7 pffensive rating good for 24th

http://stats.nba.com/league/team/#!/advanced/?Season=2014-15&SeasonType=Regular%20Season&Month=5&DateFrom=02%2F01%2F2015&DateTo=03%2F31%2F2015&sort=OFF_RATING&dir=1

the search for I used was advanced stats, and then went into the month of February, they went 4 and 7 for the month.

ther are definite discrepancies on their site
                      Last edited by Snooch; Sat Jul 11, 2015, 08:13 AM.

Comment

• Snooch wrote: View Post
                        no, in february the team rated a 97.7 pffensive rating good for 24th

http://stats.nba.com/league/team/#!/advanced/?Season=2014-15&SeasonType=Regular%20Season&Month=5&DateFrom=02%2F01%2F2015&DateTo=03%2F31%2F2015&sort=OFF_RATING&dir=1

the search for I used was advanced stats, and then went into the month of February, they went 4 and 7 for the month.

ther are definite discrepancies on their site
                        There are no discrepancies here.

You ran a search for February ONLY (02/01/2015-02/28/2015)... a month in which DD had just come back from injury and was not playing well at all. Yes the Raptors were 24th in oRTG for that period.

He ran a search for February AND March (02/01/2015-03/31/2015), which actually combines a month in which DD played very poorly with a month where he played very well. The Raps were 8th in oRTG during that period.

If you run a search for JUST March (03/01/2015-03/31/2015), the Raps were actually 3rd in oRTG and that was probably DeRozan's best month last season. So it's pretty obvious that him "getting his" isn't hurting the offense when he was playing efficiently. People are trying to make it out like he was stat-padding or something.

For just April (DD East player of the month), the Raps were 7th. For March and April combined they were 3rd.

Based on that data there is actually a direct correlation between how efficient/productive DeRozan is and how well the offense performs statistically (I think this was magnified by the fact that Lowry wasn't really playing). Now whether you think that's a causal relationship as well is up to you.
                        Last edited by JWash; Sat Jul 11, 2015, 09:03 AM.

Comment

• JWash wrote: View Post
                          EDIT: Btw if the name for DeRozan fans is 'District of DeRozan', what's the name for the other side? 'City of Criticism'?
                          i think they call them "people who understand basketball". I know, not a very creative name.

Comment

• KHD wrote: View Post
                            i think they call them "people who understand basketball". I know, not a very creative name.
                            Lol, good one.

I think you can support DeRozan and still have a great understanding of the game of basketball. When you're getting to the point of calling him a superstar, yeah you don't really have a good grasp of his talent level. But the same is true when you're saying he's no better than Nick Young or Dion Waiters. Not going to post the names of the posters who have these viewpoints, but I'm sure most of you know without me saying.

There's a happy medium that I think most fans lie in where you can support or not support DD but still be very knowledgeable about the game. Those views I mentioned are extremes, and terms like 'District of DeRozan' only serve to try and lump everyone who is for lack of a better term "left of center" on DeRozan into the same category of radicalism. It's the same thing that happens in elections where uneducated people will try to lump all Republicans in as "rednecks" and Democrats as "libtards".

Imo the term itself is pretty much a great way to just send any kind of positive discussion down the drain. If I started referring to everyone who doesn't like DD as a Council Member of the City of Criticism (chaired by mcHAPPY with DanH as the finance minister lol sorry had to), shit would get out of hand really fast.

Comment

• JWash wrote: View Post
                              Lol, good one.

I think you can support DeRozan and still have a great understanding of the game of basketball. When you're getting to the point of calling him a superstar, yeah you don't really have a good grasp of his talent level. But the same is true when you're saying he's no better than Nick Young or Dion Waiters. Not going to post the names of the posters who have these viewpoints, but I'm sure most of you know without me saying.

There's a happy medium that I think most fans lie in where you can support or not support DD but still be very knowledgeable about the game. Those views I mentioned are extremes, and terms like 'District of DeRozan' only serve to try and lump everyone who is for lack of a better term "left of center" on DeRozan into the same category of radicalism. It's the same thing that happens in elections where uneducated people will try to lump all Republicans in as "rednecks" and Democrats as "libtards".

Imo the term itself is pretty much a great way to just send any kind of positive discussion down the drain. If I started referring to everyone who doesn't like DD as a Council Member of the City of Criticism (chaired by mcHAPPY with DanH as the finance minister lol sorry had to), shit would get out of hand really fast.
                              i just don't see a way to reconcile a guy who shoots under 40% between 16feet and the 3pt line, yet takes 35% of his shots from there, into a good offence.

Comment

• KHD wrote: View Post
                                i just don't see a way to reconcile a guy who shoots under 40% between 16feet and the 3pt line, yet takes 35% of his shots from there, into a good offence.
                                it happened last year!
                                "Bruno?
                                Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
                                He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

Working...
                                X