No announcement yet.

Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm honestly surprised Richard Jefferson isn't used as a comp for DD more. Both scorers who struggled with the 3. Both athletic but not super athletes.
    Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
      I'm honestly surprised Richard Jefferson isn't used as a comp for DD more. Both scorers who struggled with the 3. Both athletic but not super athletes.
      i think Jeffersons peak was higher than Demars personally.

Comment

I'm honestly surprised Richard Jefferson isn't used as a comp for DD more. Both scorers who struggled with the 3. Both athletic but not super athletes.
        Age 24 seasons

Player MP FGA FG% 3PA 3P% 2PA 2P% eFG% FTA FT% DRB TRB AST STL BLK PTS
        DD 38.2 17.8 .429 2.7 .305 15.2 .451 .452 8.0 .824 3.7 4.3 4.0 1.1 0.4 22.7
        RJ 41.1 17.1 .422 2.7 .337 14.4 .438 .449 8.2 .844 5.8 7.3 4.0 1.0 0.5 22.2

Age 24 per 36

Player FGA FG% 3PA 3P% 2PA 2P% FTA FT% DRB TRB AST STL BLK PTS
        DeMar DeRozan 16.8 .429 2.5 .305 14.3 .451 7.5 .824 3.5 4.1 3.7 1.0 0.3 21.4
        Richard Jefferson 15.0 .422 2.4 .337 12.6 .438 7.1 .844 5.1 6.4 3.5 0.9 0.5 19.5
        Last edited by Axel; Tue Jul 14, 2015, 07:06 AM.

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Age 24 seasons

Player MP FGA FG% 3PA 3P% 2PA 2P% eFG% FTA FT% DRB TRB AST STL BLK PTS
          DD 38.2 17.8 .429 2.7 .305 15.2 .451 .452 8.0 .824 3.7 4.3 4.0 1.1 0.4 22.7
          RJ 41.1 17.1 .422 2.7 .337 14.4 .438 .449 8.2 .844 5.8 7.3 4.0 1.0 0.5 22.2

Age 24 per 36

Player FGA FG% 3PA 3P% 2PA 2P% FTA FT% DRB TRB AST STL BLK PTS
          DeMar DeRozan 16.8 .429 2.5 .305 14.3 .451 7.5 .824 3.5 4.1 3.7 1.0 0.3 21.4
          Richard Jefferson 15.0 .422 2.4 .337 12.6 .438 7.1 .844 5.1 6.4 3.5 0.9 0.5 19.5
          eerie. Funny that I remember RJ being a very good player/second fiddle to Kidd. Maybe because he played decent defense

Comment

• Atothe wrote: View Post
            eerie. Funny that I remember RJ being a very good player/second fiddle to Kidd. Maybe because he played decent defense
            Third fiddle. Vc was second

Comment

Snooch wrote: View Post
              Third fiddle. Vc was second
              The year provided was VCs first year in New Jersey. The year before RJ put up 18PPG and almost 6 boards per, so very comparable.

RJ definitely played better D than DD from day one. RJ never really developed into a great stopper, and DD has improved to close the gap, but I'd still say RJ was the better defender.

Both took a lot of mid-range jumpers too. Style and productivity, he seems like the best comp to me.

Comment

he was.

If the offence here wasn't built around forcing through Demar, maybe we wouldn't have any complaints with his game.

If he can improve his defence he's a good 3rd best player of a really good team or 2nd best player of a decent team.

but we can't pay a 3rd / 2nd fiddle $25M + per season when we don't even have a real #1 option.

Comment

• You dont pay or keep third bananas in hopes of finding a number 1 or 2

Comment

• Superjudge wrote: View Post
                    ou guys need to stop arguing, accept that anything I type is likely basketball gospel, and call it a day.

You will find peace in this solution.

zen
                    He says, immediately after flip-flopping on Bruno, and then proclaiming that if you don't flip-flop you aren't paying attention.
                    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Excellent point.

I'm kind of shocked at how close their numbers are - especially the FTs.
                      "Stop eating your sushi."
                      "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                      "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                      - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• what's wrong with flip flopping? I routinely flip flop if new information leads me in that direction
                        For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• JimiCliff wrote: View Post
                          Excellent point.

I'm kind of shocked at how close their numbers are - especially the FTs.
                          It's interesting - they're both listed at 6'7" though Jefferson is 15 lbs heavier. I would have thought there was more of a size difference.

A lot of stats the same, but RJ is a career .380% 3-pt shooter to DeMar's .270%. RJ was also a much better rebounder, and has been mentioned a better defender. He never made an All-Star team, but he was on 2004 Team USA.

Another huge difference is that RJ came onto a Jason Kidd team as a rookie - he was never "the guy" or pushed to be the leader of his team. Second/third banana (came off the bench his first year, actually) right from the get go. Who would DeMar be if he had clearly been the second or third best perimeter player on the Raps all this time?
                          "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
                            It's interesting - they're both listed at 6'7" though Jefferson is 15 lbs heavier. I would have thought there was more of a size difference.

A lot of stats the same, but RJ is a career .380% 3-pt shooter to DeMar's .270%. RJ was also a much better rebounder, and has been mentioned a better defender. He never made an All-Star team, but he was on 2004 Team USA.

Another huge difference is that RJ came onto a Jason Kidd team as a rookie - he was never "the guy" or pushed to be the leader of his team. Second/third banana (came off the bench his first year, actually) right from the get go. Who would DeMar be if he had clearly been the second or third best perimeter player on the Raps all this time?
                            If you look at RJ's stats over his career though, his 3 point shot didn't develop until later into his career. DD has been in the league for 6 seasons. After 6 seasons, RJ was a career 31% from deep (23% his rookie year - 44% at best later in his career).

Looking solely at their first 6 seasons.

RJ (left)/DD (right) post lines of

16.5 PPG 18.4
                            5.7 RPG 4.1
                            3.1 APG 2.6
                            47.1% FG% 44.2%
                            6 FTA 5.9
                            0.9 SPG 1
                            0.4 BPG 0.3
                            2.3 TOV 1.9
                            12.4 FGA 15
                            1.7 3PA 1.4

Now its worth noting, that RJ maintained consistent production until Year 9, when his numbers started to drop.
                            Last edited by Axel; Tue Jul 14, 2015, 11:28 AM.

Comment

• thead wrote: View Post
                              what's wrong with flip flopping? I routinely flip flop if new information leads me in that direction
                              There is nothing wrong with flip-flopping. The issue is declaring one's views as gospel (especially when others point out the likelihood of new information disproving one's stance), and also flip-flopping.
                              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post

DeMar did come into the league as a third banana behind Bargs and Bosh, then spent time as a second banana behind Bargs and even Gay.

It was only when he was thrust into the first banana role that he played well - his efficiency didn't get better (much) but his high usage without his efficiency dropping too much had value. Of course, it is possible his good year there was a fluke, but hopefully if he stays on the team he can return to that level of performance.

My concern is his history of underperforming as the second or third banana.
                                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Working...
                                X