Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bonus Jonas wrote: View Post
    He likes Toronto though am I right? #ProveEm
    I am sure Demarre Carroll liked Atlanta just fine but Toronto offered more money.

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post
      I am sure Demarre Carroll liked Atlanta just fine but Toronto offered more money.
      But was Demarre Carroll on Team USA?

Comment

• OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
        Interesting how there appears to be a split here

DD is a large part of the offense now but could be efficient in a smaller role (mostly disproved by DanH), and therefore should be at 22+

DD is a product of the system, who may be efficient as a fourth or fifth option, but therefore would have to be paid as such (10ish mil)

With not much in the middle

Weird
        I'm in the middle but it's like being in the DMZ and I'm sick of getting shot at by both sides. DeMar's a third option imo.

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
          I'm in the middle but it's like being in the DMZ and I'm sick of getting shot at by both sides. DeMar's a third option imo.
          Yeah 3rd or 4th.

Comment

• Bonus Jonas wrote: View Post
            Also, DD had a higher than usual TS% in his rookie year because he shot by far the highest percentage of all his shots from 0-3 feet from the rim.
            Haha, I'm glad someone said it. The only thing DD could do his rookie season was dunks and layups. He had the same shot selection as a guy like Andre Drummond. That's why his TS% was higher. His getting better is really only him getting more confident in jump shooting, which he isn't really that good at. If we want his TS% to increase he needs to pass more when he's covered instead of forcing shots, and he needs to take shots off a pass instead of iso. His irrational confidence has been a detriment on offense for the most part.

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post
              Carroll interviewed saying that he liked what Casey told him, and the money as the two reasons for coming to toronto

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
                Haha, I'm glad someone said it. The only thing DD could do his rookie season was dunks and layups. He had the same shot selection as a guy like Andre Drummond. That's why his TS% was higher. His getting better is really only him getting more confident in jump shooting, which he isn't really that good at. If we want his TS% to increase he needs to pass more when he's covered instead of forcing shots, and he needs to take shots off a pass instead of iso. His irrational confidence has been a detriment on offense for the most part.
                He has proven that in catch and shoot opportunities he is dreadful.

Comment

• Snooch wrote: View Post
                  Carroll interviewed saying that he liked what Casey told him, and the money as the two reasons for coming to toronto
                  Casey told Carroll he wanted to make him a big part of the offense, that was what he liked about what Casey told him. Hopefully that means less shots from DD because the shots have to come from somewhere.

Comment

Casey told Carroll he wanted to make him a big part of the offense, that was what he liked about what Casey told him. Hopefully that means less shots from DD because the shots have to come from somewhere.
                    Good one.
                    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post
                      Good one.
                      Ugh, you just reminded me of how much I hated the offense by the end of the year. "But we have the #3 ORTG!"

Isn't it really as simple as giving a few of the guards' high volume, low efficiency shots to other players in their preferred spots (where they're much more efficient than 30-40%)? Not even all the shots, just a few of them. DeMar and Lowry will still be the highest usage guys, but get the three point shooters a couple more three's, get your p'n'r bigs a couple more buckets on the roll, get your post players a couple more buckets in the post, get some spot-up shooters open off of off-ball screens, etc. Is it too much to ask? Is it rocket science?
                      "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
                        Ugh, you just reminded me of how much I hated the offense by the end of the year. "But we have the #3 ORTG!"

Isn't it really as simple as giving a few of the guards' high volume, low efficiency shots to other players in their preferred spots (where they're much more efficient than 30-40%)? Not even all the shots, just a few of them. DeMar and Lowry will still be the highest usage guys, but get the three point shooters a couple more three's, get your p'n'r bigs a couple more buckets on the roll, get your post players a couple more buckets in the post, get some spot-up shooters open off of off-ball screens, etc. Is it too much to ask? Is it rocket science?
                        Yes.
                        "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
                        "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

• It means CAsey is gonna ask somebody to re-design the offense, which he has done yet.
                          I'll bet $50 Casey will run the exact same offense at the beginning of the season.
                          Carroll will get TRoss' shots and Lowry will "spreewell" chocked CAsey by crhistmas

Primer wrote: View Post

Comment

• That was my fav;
                            aBOUT CASEY
                            "IMO hes a good signing who will get the most defensively out of guys like Demar and JJ who may have underperformed under Triano"

I hope I don't get exposed like that ...LOL.

JWash wrote: View Post
                            I don't think comparing DD's situation to the Bosh one makes a lot of sense.

The Raptors were a terrible team the year before Bosh left. We finished 33-49 en route to getting the 9th pick in the 2009 draft and coincidentally drafting DeRozan. The team had no clear direction and it was clear Bosh would leave following 09-10 unless some sort of miracle happened and we suddenly became a contender. That's why BC made the desperation Hedo signing, praying that it would push the team into contention but it didn't.

DeRozan is playing on a near 50-win team atm and he isn't a star of the same magnitude that Bosh was (dude was a perennial ASG starter and widely considered a top 3 PF in the league). With regards to the money thing, sure some of you are certain he's gonna get a 29M max contract from a crappy, mismanaged team like Brooklyn or even the Lakers, but I just don't see that happening.

It's been proven on forums before that fans are terrible at predicting how things are going to go in the future. I had a look through the archives on here and found some of the following little tidbits:

- This board was overwhelmingly in favor of the Casey hiring, with almost 90% supporting the hire (http://www.raptorsrepublic.com/forum...f-in-post-121))

- In this thread about DeRozan's first extension in 2012, people were outraged at the 10M per year that he was signed for. As we all know that turned out to be a great contract. http://www.raptorsrepublic.com/forum...ozan+extension.

- Even regarding Valanciunas, not as much here but especially on RealGM people were furious at the pick campaigning for Kemba/Knight and some even Jan Vesely...

Even just looking back through this thread I see DeMar being compared to or even considered worse than players like Dion Waiters, Ronnie Brewer, Corey Brewer, etc... And there was even a point where people were arguing that Bargnani was and always would be better than him.

So let's stop pretending we know it all and we HAVE to trade DD because he's gonna get a 29M/year contract from some pea-brained GM next offseason.

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
                              ...Isn't it really as simple as giving a few of the guards' high volume, low efficiency shots to other players in their preferred spots (where they're much more efficient than 30-40%)? Not even all the shots, just a few of them....get the three point shooters a couple more three's, get your p'n'r bigs a couple more buckets on the roll, get your post players a couple more buckets in the post, get some spot-up shooters open off of off-ball screens, etc....Is it rocket science?
                              Bring in some guys from NASA as assistants and make it happen.

Comment

This isn't true either though. He took a ton of long two's in his rookie year too. But the ratio wasn't as lopsided

Comment

Working...
                                X