X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mamba Mentality

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post

Very biased to ask who has the best fans in the league right after you ask who the best player on the raptors is. The player now knows you're a toronto writer and would be influenced into saying toronto to look good. Or even if they're not influenced, there's still a higher chance because now they have the raptors fresh on their mind.

Comment

Add this to the list of non-basketball reasons to give him a max contract.
        "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

DD is well respected in the league. No surprise here.
          @Chr1st1anL

Comment

They picked Drake over Kendrick, clearly these people cant be trusted at all..

Comment

I don't think there is any coincidence that Golden State and Toronto have the best fans. Both cities have been among the most starved(until recently) when it comes to a lack of a good team to cheer for. So now that both teams(the Raptors to a much lesser extent) have something worthwhile on the court the fans are extremely appreciative.

As for DeMar, ok great, he's the guy other teams talk about first when playing Toronto. I think that's natural seeing how many balls he chucks and his PPG. You'd be stupid not to gameplan around stopping the guy who gets the most play calls.

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                DD is well respected in the league. No surprise here.
                Says who?

I don't think Demar is any more respected than 90% of other NBA players.

Its part of belonging to a club and not being a total dick to other members of the club.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                  I don't think there is any coincidence that Golden State and Toronto have the best fans. Both cities have been among the most starved(until recently) when it comes to a lack of a good team to cheer for. So now that both teams(the Raptors to a much lesser extent) have something worthwhile on the court the fans are extremely appreciative.

As for DeMar, ok great, he's the guy other teams talk about first when playing Toronto. I think that's natural seeing how many balls he chucks and his PPG. You'd be stupid not to gameplan around stopping the guy who gets the most play calls.
                  Why gameplan for DeMar though? According to many here he can't shoot, pass, dribble and has low BBIQ. I say let the man chuck.

Comment

• JWash wrote: View Post
                    Why gameplan for DeMar though? According to many here he can't shoot, pass, dribble and has low BBIQ. I say let the man chuck.
                    Golden State said the same (according to their whiteboard).
                    "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
                    "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

teams DO let him chuck. im sure every team 'game planned' for rudy gay while he was here too.

Comment

Because you're being a little too touchy and no one in here seriously thinks he's as bad as you're suggesting.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                          Because you're being a little too touchy and no one in here seriously thinks he's as bad as you're suggesting.
                          Oh there are some. I feel like "Let DD Chuck" could be a good song though... might have to look into that.

Comment

Its pretty obvious the gameplan for Demar, put someone tall and fast on him. It doesn't matter if you're being sarcastic.

Comment

• Best player on the team....

Yup

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Highest usage, most shots, highest ppg - that's why you gameplan for DeMar. Same as how you gameplan for every other team. They also gameplan for Gordon Hayward, Goran Dragic, and any other B or C level star who happens to be the highest scoring player on his team. That's how defensive game planning works. It has nothing to do with respect or how good you think the other team's scorer actually is. You just know the team is going to be feeding that guy the most shots.

And yeah, some gameplans actually include letting low efficiency players shoot as much as they want.
                                "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

Working...
                                X