Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DanH wrote: View Post
    I think I'd probably say it was worth a shot trying him there. But I'd probably have zero confidence whatsoever that it would work, because that sample size is quite simply meaningless. Just like with Carroll, sure play him primarily at the SF, that's where he has played. But if you avoid playing him at the 4, it is because of his size, ability to defend and rebound on the wing, fit within our system, and just the fact that he has played at the 3 for 99% of his past couple years. Not because of some tiny sample of a few possessions he played at the 4 scattered across two seasons.
    again, the stats are not the only reason why, just an additive to the other reasons.

Comment

• Snooch wrote: View Post
      again, the stats are not the only reason why, just an additive to the other reasons.
      Yeah, but why bring it up? It's such a dramatically flawed reason that it weakens the position rather than strengthens it.
      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Why exactly are you arguing about how you reached the same conclusion?

Carroll is a SF; how you get to that conclusion is irrelevant, as long as Casey figures it out.
        Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Yeah, but why bring it up? It's such a dramatically flawed reason that it weakens the position rather than strengthens it.
          It doesn't weaken it. that is your opinion on the matter. it is a backup of a statement, that is beyond contest, you can debate the weight of the material, but you cannot deny that it supports the claim

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
            Why exactly are you arguing about how you reached the same conclusion?

Carroll is a SF; how you get to that conclusion is irrelevant, as long as Casey figures it out.
            because debate is fun.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post

29 man?
              slamdunk23 wrote: View Post
              He did miss more than a quarter of the season.
              Joey wrote: View Post
              Woulda been 30 if he didn't miss that 360 dunk ... Haha
              You beat me to it!

"We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

It doesn't weaken it. that is your opinion on the matter. it is a backup of a statement, that is beyond contest, you can debate the weight of the material, but you cannot deny that it supports the claim
                If an argument relies on weak evidence, it is implied that the argument is weak. Better to present only real evidence (such as his lack of minutes there, and his effectiveness at the 3) than to present flimsy evidence that will be interpreted as key to the point.
                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Why exactly are you arguing about how you reached the same conclusion?

That's like saying if DeMar takes terrible contested jumpers all game and we manage to squeak out a win on a game winner from him that it is a long term good strategy. Process over results.

That said, yes, the Casey rotation dartboard is ultimately what matters.
                  twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Carroll is a SF
                    Not anymore!

MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
                    We make mistakes. That's why they put erasers on pencils.

Comment

If an argument relies on weak evidence, it is implied that the argument is weak. Better to present only real evidence (such as his lack of minutes there, and his effectiveness at the 3) than to present flimsy evidence that will be interpreted as key to the point.
                      I did present the other earlier, this was added later, you have only taken the later as the basis of our debate.

Comment

I did present the other earlier, this was added later, you have only taken the later as the basis of our debate.
                        Not at all. I'm simply saying that by adding this later, you weakened your position, as you clearly felt that you were lacking evidence before, and the only evidence you could find to add has practically zero value.
                        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Not at all. I'm simply saying that by adding this later, you weakened your position, as you clearly felt that you were lacking evidence before, and the only evidence you could find to add has practically zero value.
                          so sayeth you

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post
                            Both of you, time to move on. Literally, zero point in this argument.
                            Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• In a perfect world (i.e. one with no cap) I'd be perfectly fine rewarding his work ethic, loyalty and leadership with $25mil a year...
                              A key that opens many locks is a master key, but a lock that gets open by many keys is just a shitty lock

Comment

• e_wheazhy_ wrote: View Post
                                In a perfect world (i.e. one with no cap) I'd be perfectly fine rewarding his work ethic, loyalty and leadership with $25mil a year...
                                Well, it is a soft cap that is exploding upwards, so it's not so dissimilar from a non-cap world.

Comment

Working...
                                X