No announcement yet.

Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In an era when 3-and-D wings are getting paid left and right, DeRozan is 3-less and D-less.
    When it hurts so much, all you can do is laugh.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
      ...strong chance someone pays DeRozan somewhere in the neighborhood of Dallas’s Matthews ($70 million over four years) and Chicago’s Jimmy Butler ($92 million over five years) if he elects to hit the market.
      According to my calculator, that equals 17.5 - 18 million a year. Less than max, and in a range that has been suggested on these boards as fair. However my understanding is that the cap will likely come down somewhat from next summers high. Is that right? With Demarre making 16, if DeMar can just increase his efficiency 3-4% it might not be a bad deal.

Comment

• Puffer wrote: View Post
        According to my calculator, that equals 17.5 - 18 million a year. Less than max, and in a range that has been suggested on these boards as fair. However my understanding is that the cap will likely come down somewhat from next summers high. Is that right? With Demarre making 16, if DeMar can just increase his efficiency 3-4% it might not be a bad deal.
        Pretty big if.

I don't think the cap decrease after the initial jump will be that significant.
        Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

This sums up why I would not even be happy with that.

http://www.boxscoregeeks.com/players...81&season=2014

Stat/Butler/Matthews/DeRozan/Average SG/Average GF

WP48 / .270 / .184 / .052 / .099 / .099

E field goal percentage / 50.2% / 56.3% / 42.6% / 49.4% / 47.9%

True shooting / 58.3% / 58.6% / 51.0% / 53.6% / 51.9%

Even in a new CBA he is still currently only being paid what he is worth. I believe the all-star season will go down as best of his career.
          Last edited by mcHAPPY; Fri Oct 16, 2015, 09:28 AM.

Comment

Demar should make less than Demarre, because Demarre is worth mior than Demar.

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
              This sums up why I would not even be happy with that.

http://www.boxscoregeeks.com/players...81&season=2014

Stat/Butler/Matthews/DeRozan/Average SG/Average GF

WP48 / .270 / .184 / .052 / .099 / .099

E field goal percentage / 50.2% / 56.3% / 42.6% / 49.4% / 47.9%

True shooting / 58.3% / 58.6% / 51.0% / 53.6% / 51.9%

Even in a new CBA he is still currently only being paid what he is worth. I believe the all-star season will go down as best of his career.
              Something that I'm noticing (and had been noticing prior) is that advanced stats are not DeRozan's friend.

That and more and more articles are coming out about him by various outlets that also highlight this.
              Last edited by Just Is; Fri Oct 16, 2015, 10:54 AM.
              "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
              "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

• Let's see what he does this season before deciding of his future...

Comment

• Just Is wrote: View Post
                  Something that I'm noticing (and had been noticing prior) is that advanced stats are not DeRozan's friend.

That and more and more articles are coming out about him by various outlets that also highlight this.
                  this is not a new thing.

Comment

• charlesnba23 wrote: View Post
                    Let's see what he does this season before deciding of his future...
                    But still... As of right now I'd rather see the Raps sign Horford than him... I'd like to see what Ross and Carroll could do together on the wings!

Valanciunas/Biyombo/Nogueira
                    Horford/Bennett/Scola
                    Carroll/Caboclo/Rookie
                    Ross/Powell/FA or who we got from Pat
                    Lowry/Joseph/Wright

Comment

Let's see what he does this season before deciding of his future...
                      We've been saying this every October for the past 4 years.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                        We've been saying this every October for the past 4 years.
                        Very true.

I can't really see any trade out there that makes sense for Raptors.

It appears Masai is intent on having mid max cap space flexibility as he did last off season.

Might as well play out the season and let him walk off into the sunset.

Comment

• What if DeMar does like Lowry and sign for less for the benefit of the team? What if he accepts a 6th man role, like Andre Iguodala? So we can sign Horford and bring back Ross...

Horford/Bennett/Scola
                          Carroll/Caboclo/Rookie
                          Ross/DeRozan/Powell
                          Lowry/Joseph/Wright

With DeRozan averaging around 30 minutes a game at the 2 and the 3 spots.

Comment

• Just Is wrote: View Post

Apparently the Raptors have an analytics department (Alex Rucker & Keith Boyarsky). Would love to be a fly on the wall listening to their conversations.

http://www.nbastuffer.com/component/...%20Department/

Comment

What if DeMar does like Lowry and sign for less for the benefit of the team? What if he accepts a 6th man role, like Andre Iguodala? So we can sign Horford and bring back Ross...

Horford/Bennett/Scola
                              Carroll/Caboclo/Rookie
                              Ross/DeRozan/Powell
                              Lowry/Joseph/Wright

With DeRozan averaging around 30 minutes a game at the 2 and the 3 spots.
                              Not enough cap space to do all of that. If you sign a free agent like Durant or Horford, it certainly means good bye to DD, Ross and others.
                              Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                                Not enough cap space to do all of that. If you sign a free agent like Durant or Horford, it certainly means good bye to DD, Ross and others.
                                Yup.

All free agents have to be renounced.

Only thing left to sign is room ($3m) or minimum....unless a cap clearing move much like Vasquez occurs.

Comment

Working...
                                X