View Poll Results: Grade Derozan's Season.

Voters
67. You may not vote on this poll
  • A

1 1.49%
  • B

18 26.87%
  • C

40 59.70%
  • D

8 11.94%
  • F

0 0%
Page 71 of 256 FirstFirst ... 21 61 69 70 71 72 73 81 121 171 ... LastLast
Results 1,401 to 1,420 of 5119

Thread: Everything Demar Derozan

Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote LBF wrote: View Post
    you don't have like 5 top class coaches teaching you, though.

nor do you have nba caliber talent.
    lol you just insulted him pretty bad. But then again that is probably true especially the second part

Post Thanks / Like

Quote NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
    lol you just insulted him pretty bad. But then again that is probably true especially the second part
    I speak from experience, truth hurts.

The best medicine is to laugh it off...

then go to your room and cry in the corner.

Raptors Republic All-Star Miekenstien's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote LBF wrote: View Post
    I speak from experience, truth hurts.

The best medicine is to laugh it off...

then go to your room and cry in the corner.
    the experiences of no talent or no coaches?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Miekenstien wrote: View Post
    the experiences of no talent or no coaches?
    Nice try.

If I had feeling that would hurt it?

Post Thanks / Like

I'm pretty sure I was kidding nor was I comparing my skill to NBA Talent and coaching.

I was replying to the fact at Demar's need for developing a move in terms of ball-handling and the time it will take.

You seem to believe your some top shit.
    Last edited by ReubenJRD; Sun Apr 15th, 2012 at 09:33 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

At the end of the day you could have the best coach in the world, but nothing happens unless you're planning on putting in the time.

Demar has enough problems with his needs to get stronger. It's by far his biggest need to address this off-season.

Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
    At the end of the day you could have the best coach in the world, but nothing happens unless you're planning on putting in the time.

Demar has enough problems with his needs to get stronger. It's by far his biggest need to address this off-season.
    I personally think his poor ball-handling is a bigger hindrance than his lack of strength. DeRozan's offensive game would be much easier if he was able to create separation between him and his defender.
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

Raptors Republic Superstar Puffer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Nilanka wrote: View Post
    I personally think his poor ball-handling is a bigger hindrance than his lack of strength. DeRozan's offensive game would be much easier if he was able to create separation between him and his defender.
    Truth is, he has been getting into the paint the last half of the season. Especially the last few games. He can handle the ball well enough to get around screens etc. I am just used to seeing him get stripped the last step or two after he has picked his dribble up...or not be able to finish after contact. Those are strength issues. As long as the Raps have AB and JV to open things up a little, DeRozan doesn't need great handles, or should I say, can keep working on them but not be held back too much. But stronger...he needs to go there.

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Puffer wrote: View Post
    Truth is, he has been getting into the paint the last half of the season. Especially the last few games. He can handle the ball well enough to get around screens etc. I am just used to seeing him get stripped the last step or two after he has picked his dribble up...or not be able to finish after contact. Those are strength issues. As long as the Raps have AB and JV to open things up a little, DeRozan doesn't need great handles, or should I say, can keep working on them but not be held back too much. But stronger...he needs to go there.
    Starting a shooting guard with limited range really increases the need for some 3 point fire power either in the starting lineup or off the bench. If the Raptors can pull a Orlando (i.e. 3-4 three point threats on the floor at all times) then lanes really could open up.... for everybody - Bargnani to drive, JV to roll, DD to drive, Calderon to drive and dish to wide open shooter (not DeMar), etc.

Raptors Republic Superstar heinz57's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

So I've been away for a bit...

Are we really calling him "DeChosen" now?

That's a joke... Right?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote heinz57 wrote: View Post
    So I've been away for a bit...

Are we really calling him "DeChosen" now?

That's a joke... Right?
    Yes. Apollo is a funny dude.

Post Thanks / Like

So far in this Hawk/Raptor game, demar has proved to be able to handle the ball pretty well.

Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

So far in this Hawk/Raptor game, demar has proved to be able to handle the ball pretty well.
    Pretty well? Or "adequate for a professional shooting guard"?
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Nilanka wrote: View Post
    Pretty well? Or "adequate for a professional shooting guard"?
    Don't get me wrong here. It's a skilled enough handle for a professional shooting guard. But it will and should get better.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm usually the first to slag him but at the same time every offseason he works on and improves one thing it seems. Maybe this offseason it's handle.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Initial Demar Derozan analysis.

Good Finisher. Scoring Ability. Versatile Defender. "Got better, and better in the second half of the season."

Has anyone ever thought about what he was initially scouted as when he was first drafted compared to now?
    People believe that he has been a disappointment, but I see him as an improving player, taking steps forward in the right direction. He has surely improved over time, and the step made from year 1 to year 2 was a large surprise and really got the excitement out about each and every Raptor fan.

Than came the changes... A lockout, no full training camp. New coach, new culture, new mindset. No facility/coaching accessibility. Injuries to different role players. Constant role changes because of injuries.

I think everything has been addressed well potentially, the only one I'm questioning is his versatility defensively, he has shown spotty athleticism defense i.e blocking shots, passing lanes. But he's been inconsistent in terms of on-ball defense.

As he's grown in the league more needs have been addressed. "Better ball-handling. Needs to get stronger." Without these "needs" he's done a fantastic job offensively in my opinion, especially with all the adversity throughout the season.

All-in-all, my point and question is, do you believe Demar has become a much better, and a much more talented player than he was when first drafted? Is his ceiling no where near where he is right now?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Casey wants DD to be like Greg Monroe?

BE LIKE MOOSE

Greg (Moose) Monroe is what Casey would like to see Davis become. He also wouldn’t mind some of Monroe rubbing off on DeRozan.

Not necessarily style of play but body type. Monroe hit the weight room in the off-season and put on between five and seven pounds of muscle. Casey seemed to think Monroe might have added a little more bulk than that but the improvement he sees in Monroe’s game, this year from last is what he would like to see out of both Davis and DeRozan next season.

“He did a great job with his body (last summer) and that’s something we are challenging Ed Davis and DeMar to do with theirs,” Casey said. “He has got some (added) bulk but he didn’t lose his athleticism and agility. He came back with that purpose in mind and he’s showing it in the paint. He’s taking contact and he’s dishing it out and still finishes the play. That’s what you hope for with a young player that is looking for strength and he did that.”
    http://www.torontosun.com/2012/04/22...all-to-pistons

Is it just me or does it look like the push is on for DeMar to convert to the SF?

Personally, I look at SG and SF as just wings.

Whatever the Raptors do this summer I hope a wing is brought in who can create his own shot, shoot from deep, play solid perimeter defense, and rebound...... when I put it like that, it suddenly is not an easy task.

Raptors Republic Rookie Jon_Wade's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like you just described Brad Beal
    Whoever told you skies the limit is looking dumb because I'm 22 and i'm moonwalking on the sun.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Jon_Wade wrote: View Post
    Sounds like you just described Brad Beal
    Yup.

Raptors Republic Superstar Chr1s1anL's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Good Finisher. Scoring Ability. Versatile Defender. "Got better, and better in the second half of the season."

Has anyone ever thought about what he was initially scouted as when he was first drafted compared to now?
    People believe that he has been a disappointment, but I see him as an improving player, taking steps forward in the right direction. He has surely improved over time, and the step made from year 1 to year 2 was a large surprise and really got the excitement out about each and every Raptor fan.

Than came the changes... A lockout, no full training camp. New coach, new culture, new mindset. No facility/coaching accessibility. Injuries to different role players. Constant role changes because of injuries.

I think everything has been addressed well potentially, the only one I'm questioning is his versatility defensively, he has shown spotty athleticism defense i.e blocking shots, passing lanes. But he's been inconsistent in terms of on-ball defense.

As he's grown in the league more needs have been addressed. "Better ball-handling. Needs to get stronger." Without these "needs" he's done a fantastic job offensively in my opinion, especially with all the adversity throughout the season.

All-in-all, my point and question is, do you believe Demar has become a much better, and a much more talented player than he was when first drafted? Is his ceiling no where near where he is right now?
    I think his ceiling is still high. Even at this stage I think he has a higher ceiling than any wing in this years draft. He still very raw but, is still finding way to score. I've really watched him this year and his feel for the game has gotten better throughout the year. His making better strides to be a better all-around player. This summer is going to be huge. He knows next year is a contract year, so I except to push himself like never before. He'll have coaches to check up on his progress. Demar is at 216 right now. I would very disappointed if he didn't come back at 225 next year.

DeRozan had some big scoring games and was notably more productive after New Year's Day, but between the emptiness of the rest of his stat line and his inattention to defense, he still needs to improve considerably to be a solid long-term starter. He may -- he's only 22 and certainly has athleticism to spare.

While DeRozan's athleticism and dunking makes the highlights, his meal ticket is his short-to-medium range shooting. DeRozan shot 46.8 percent between 3 and 15 feet, which is amazing for a shooting guard -- only Ray Allen and Kobe Bryant outshot him from that range; additionally the majority of those shots came on his own steam, unassisted.

DeRozan draws a lot of fouls and makes his free throws, but he takes too many long 2s and 3s (a disastrous 5-of-52 last season), so his true shooting percentage was still very ordinary. Additionally, he has no idea the option of passing exists once he begins dribbling. DeRozan's assist rate was just 60th out of 66 shooting guards, which is just atrocious for somebody putting it on the floor this much.

Defensively, DeRozan has some tools but has yet to use them and didn't seem terribly interested in figuring out how he might do so; one wonders how much was him and how much was the laissez-faire culture in Toronto.

Nonetheless, wing players who can get a point every two minutes don't grow on trees, and it was only DeRozan's second season. His game still has major flaws, but it also has major strengths; if he can just become mediocre-to-average in the weak areas, he'll be a star.
    http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/playe.../demar-derozan
    @Chr1st1anL

Page 71 of 256 FirstFirst ... 21 61 69 70 71 72 73 81 121 171 ... LastLast

Thread Information