View Poll Results: Grade Derozan's Season.

Voters
67. You may not vote on this poll
  • A

1 1.49%
  • B

18 26.87%
  • C

40 59.70%
  • D

8 11.94%
  • F

0 0%
Page 75 of 254 FirstFirst ... 25 65 73 74 75 76 77 85 125 175 ... LastLast
Results 1,481 to 1,500 of 5071

Thread: Everything Demar Derozan

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote torch19 wrote: View Post
    No he's not. I can guarantee you that.

If you are talking pure statistics, the Raptors would be better off without DeMar. That said, I wouldn't want DeMar to be traded at this point unless we are getting back proven talent. I see DeMar as a solid piece moving forward, perhaps a good third option at best. If he had the same role Paul George has in Indy, then he wouldn't be as scrutinized.
    Actually in our "featured lineups" (Wow that's a loose term with this team) Ed Davis' impact is awful. Someone already did the homework when they were comparing Jose and Bayless in another thread. I found the post pretty interesting so I double checked the stats...yeah by a mile. Actually when you sit down with the stats Demar is in the top 30 in 9 different statistic categories.

Is he a top 30 player HELL NO. But to say the Raps are better off without him is inaccurate. If we exclude Bargs, and his injury riddled season Demar is either the second or third best Raptor according to statistics. Jose is the best on the team by miles, while Bayless suprisingly ranks in the top 50 in multiple statistic categories. No one else is even close. Of course that's just numbers. Demar doesn't always pass the "eye test." But I stand by my last statement that I think Demar is a solid player. I'm cool with him not being a star, I still hope he remains a Rap.

Raptors Republic Starter torch19's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote blackjitsu wrote: View Post
    Actually in our "featured lineups" (Wow that's a loose term with this team) Ed Davis' impact is awful. Someone already did the homework when they were comparing Jose and Bayless in another thread. I found the post pretty interesting so I double checked the stats...yeah by a mile. Actually when you sit down with the stats Demar is in the top 30 in 9 different statistic categories.

Is he a top 30 player HELL NO. But to say the Raps are better off without him is inaccurate. If we exclude Bargs, and his injury riddled season Demar is either the second or third best Raptor according to statistics. Jose is the best on the team by miles, while Bayless suprisingly ranks in the top 50 in multiple statistic categories. No one else is even close. Of course that's just numbers. Demar doesn't always pass the "eye test." But I stand by my last statement that I think Demar is a solid player. I'm cool with him not being a star, I still hope he remains a Rap.
    Yeah, I was the one who "did the homework." I think you're misinterpreting the post. I said "Ed Davis had a significant negative impact in these featured line-ups." By that I mean, the sample of 8 line-ups I used for the post.

It was a sample of 8 line-ups from a total of 43+ line-ups the Raptors featured last season. I can show you in a couple of different ways that DeMar affected the team negatively, while Ed Davis did not.

If you are talking about impact on the team, DeMar's was negative. Having said that, I do believe it is the result of force feeding him last season, especially when teams are geared to stop him. I do agree that DeMar has the potential to be very effective given the right role. I just don't think it's fair for him to be given the "#1 option" at this point in his career.

I will make a post hopefully by the end of the day or tomorrow latest to prove my point.
    “I don’t create controversies. They’re there long before I open my mouth. I just bring them to your attention.”

-- Charles Barkley

Post Thanks / Like

Quote blackjitsu wrote: View Post

+1

Raptors Republic Rookie Demar_8756's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

If DeRozan can still provide the points to win some games without Andrea Bargnani or a injury prone team that he had to put on his shoulders, then it just tells you that sky is the limit for this guy especially for a team that struggles on both offensive and defensive end. I hate how a lot of people are giving up on him already when he'll only be entering his 4th year of the NBA. Perfection can't be rushed and I strongly don't believe in statistics. When you go play pickup at your local court or rec centre, how many of you will bring in your "statistic" to win those pick up games. I know that when I play, I TRY to win to keep playing no matter how many times our team misses shots or fails on the defensive end. Remeber Game 1 this year, OKC vs Dallas when Durant had a horrible shooting percentage yet he shoots 1 shot when it needed to count most and they won the game. I dont think statistic had anything to do with that, and if they did, he should've missed! However statistic are still very importants to teams, I'm not saying its stupid or anything because it can help improve players in areas they struggle in and that can be benificial to the entire team. Statistics in sports is one thing and then there is passion, effort and heart, anyways.....I believe in him because he always gives it 100, and I would rather have a player that doesn't give up than one that would just stand there and whines (Hedo, Bosh, Vince, Dwight Howard and Alonzo for not coming to toronto)blah blah u know what I'm saying. If he gets traded, I'll be so mad but I'll still show my support to the Raptors always.

BTW I hope this opportunity to participate with the USA olympic team will help his game in the areas where STATISTIC say he lacks in. THANKS GUYS U THE BEST, BEST FORUM EVER!!
    Last edited by Demar_8756; Tue May 29th, 2012 at 05:52 PM.

Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I like this dude. I think we can be good friends

Post Thanks / Like

"dish it off to DeRozan,
    leave this man open,
    put that 360 on em like ice,
    leave em frozen"

Raptors Republic Superstar TheGloveinRapsUniform's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default DD and Bargsy sitting in a tree

Just saw this on DD's FB Page

DeMar DeRozan
    In Italy for the week with Andrea Bargnani
    I guess this mean's DD's not going to get traded either since he's hooked with Bargs? hehehe

I think its good when players spend time together during the off-season. Tightens the bond.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote tbihis wrote: View Post

I guess this mean's DD's not going to get traded either since he's hooked with Bargs? hehehe

I think its good when players spend time together during the off-season. Tightens the bond.
    Was just about to post the same thing. Hopefully this improves chemistry on the court.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote tbihis wrote: View Post

Very cool. I remember during the summer of "young onez", lots of Bargnani bashing over the fact that he didn't socialize with his teammates enough, which hurt team chemistry, etc... Anything that builds the sense of team/family and helps on-court chemistry, I'm all for.

Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Yup, encouraging to hear.
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Buzz kill: I'm not sure it means anything other than they are teammates and friends at this point in time.

Interestingly, both Calderon and teammate Andrea Bargnani expressed confidence yesterday that if the Raptors play well this season and qualify for the playoffs, Chris Bosh will stay in Toronto after his current deal expires at the end of the season.

"I'm not worried about (Bosh leaving)," Bargnani said. "He loves Toronto."

"He said to me, and he's a good friend," added Calderon, "that he's happy in Toronto."

Bosh spent a week at Calderon's youth camp in Spain this summer.

http://www.torontosun.com/sports/bas...28351-sun.html

It is not far-fetched, then, to be listening to him on a scratchy telephone line from Spain this morning, talking about his camp for kids and a visit by Chris Bosh and to be able to almost hear him smile.

“It is really special, very special,” the Raptors point guard told thestar.com. “I want to help the kids learn and to show Chris my home, the people. It was a great time for us all.”

http://thestar.blogs.com/raptors/200...-to-spain.html

Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think it's buzzkill. Bosh and Calderon had chemistry on/off the court (regardless of his ultimate decision as a free agent).

We're hoping the chemistry between DeRozan and Bargnani develops as well. But I don't think anyone is using this as an indicator of what DeRozan's long-term intentions will be.
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Nilanka wrote: View Post
    I don't think it's buzzkill. Bosh and Calderon had chemistry on/off the court (regardless of his ultimate decision as a free agent).

We're hoping the chemistry between DeRozan and Bargnani develops as well. But I don't think anyone is using this as an indicator of what DeRozan's long-term intentions will be.
    I just hope they do gain a bit more chemistry, because in the rare couple games where they played together, they didn't play through one another, or really didn't look for each other enough, it looked, bumpy.

The two could play together from the perimeter to the low post, it'd work really well if they established an on-court relationship, but off-court must come first.

Post Thanks / Like

thats not a buzzkill cause neither Demar or andrea is a FA.

Raptors Republic Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

Jose did not realize that Dwayne was a "good" friend too and CB had dabbled in acting as a hobby.

Raptors Republic Starter SuperRaptor's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Is demar a number one option in the NBA? No. Can he be a very good player and potentially be a 2nd or 3rd option in a very good team? Yes.

The number one thing that Demar has going for him is his work ethic, he continues to improve, people underestimate the importance of hard work, you can have all the skill in the world but if you don't keep improving everyday in this league you end your career. As long as Toronto makes him a central piece of what they are trying to do and surround him with the right coaching to keep him motivated he will improve.

In fact I can see him flourishing in the SF position, the reason why I say this is that his quickness will be enough to overwhelm other 3's in this league. As long as he can bulk up he should be able to guard down there. But he is not a 2, although he has developed a very decent mid range jumper, he still does not that have the deep range that is required to be an effective SG in this league. A SG who is not a three point threat is a tremendous liability in this league in my opinion.

With a healthy Andrea Bargnani, some added 3 point shooting on our team, this could create the spacing required for demar's game to flourish as a 2nd option. I see this happening with him at the SF though.

Post Thanks / Like

I think DeMar has a good work ethic, it's just that he is misguided. How can I put it? It's like someone not knowing how to cook being left alone in a kitchen with no supervision. He does end up cooking, maybe cooked a lot, but nothing really that's relevant because he didn't have the proper supervision. He put sh!t together but he didn't know much about the ingredients.

I think that was DeMar's case last year. He looked skinny when he showed up and he worked on his three point shooting, instead of polishing his game.
    “I don’t create controversies. They’re there long before I open my mouth. I just bring them to your attention.”

-- Charles Barkley

Post Thanks / Like

Jose seems like such a nice guy, I'd hate to see him wear another jersey, not including Spain.

-- Charles Barkley

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

demar is hustling us, kids from compton have street smarts.......

Post Thanks / Like

Default Why can't Demar play Small Forward?

Have heard it said many times around the forum that starting Demar at the 3 is ludicrous and preposterrous. Have also heard it said that its a very possible and legitimate move.

What do you think?

Mods - Feel free to Merge this down the line, as I'm sure there are relevant places to put it.
    I just thought this would be an interesting Poll to get people to sound off on.
    Last edited by Joey; Sun Jul 1st, 2012 at 03:11 PM.
    In Masai we Trust.

Page 75 of 254 FirstFirst ... 25 65 73 74 75 76 77 85 125 175 ... LastLast

Thread Information