No announcement yet.

Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lol DD has been scoring well over the last few games so now you guys have tp bitch about his rebounding. Shooting guards don't have the same rebounding responsibilities as big men. So who the hell cares?

Comment

• why_you_mad_tho wrote: View Post
      Lol DD has been scoring well over the last few games so now you guys have tp bitch about his rebounding. Shooting guards don't have the same rebounding responsibilities as big men. So who the hell cares?
      You must have loved the Sam Mitchell days. If we wanted Derozan to just be a scorer, then we would not care, but we want him to be a complete player. That means playing D (something Demar struggles with greatly), rebounding a bit, setting up other guys, and finishing games is important. With Casey as the new coach, this stuff has never been more important. Everyone has to pull their weight, and just scoring is not enough.

Comment

• Red and White wrote: View Post
        You must have loved the Sam Mitchell days. If we wanted Derozan to just be a scorer, then we would not care, but we want him to be a complete player. That means playing D (something Demar struggles with greatly), rebounding a bit, setting up other guys, and finishing games is important. With Casey as the new coach, this stuff has never been more important. Everyone has to pull their weight, and just scoring is not enough.
        Last time I checked our team is 3rd in defensive rebounds so DD's "lack of rebounding" if you can even call it that is not affecting the team. DD is currently averaging 3.5 rebounds so how many rebounds do you want him to average? 4? Are those extra .5 rebounds really gonna make a difference? Come on now...
        Last edited by why_you_mad_tho; Sat Feb 18, 2012, 09:00 PM.

Comment

• to demar's credit he is a a talented passer. I saw some sweet bullet bounce passes to amir against the bobcats but amir wasn't paying attention to Bismack the Bust Biyombo and got blocked a couple of times

Comment

• NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
            to demar's credit he is a a talented passer. I saw some sweet bullet bounce passes to amir against the bobcats but amir wasn't paying attention to Bismack the Bust Biyombo and got blocked a couple of times
            Oh no doubt,

I have been loving the passing from both DD and JJ.

Comment

• I think he had a decent game. Yes he really needs to improve his D. There are going to be guys that are going to light him up, he's guarding a difficult position. Henderson has been playing well as of late.

As for the rebounds... I think you guys are just looking for things to bitch about.

The Bobcats we doubling DeMar in the fourth, as soon as he had the ball in his hands there would be two guys waiting for him. He passed it off in those situations, he didn't force his game. Some one else could have stepped up.

I guess DeMar is the new Bargnani.

Comment

• saints91 wrote: View Post
                As for the rebounds... I think you guys are just looking for things to bitch about.

I guess DeMar is the new Bargnani.
                Correct.

But he really shouldn't be going 30+ minutes without a rebound... No one should.

Comment

• I agree, but if it was a nightly occurrence then there is a problem. For a SG to have none in one game is not problem.

I'm basically saying the offensive game that he did have last season, is starting to return. I'm just glad he hasn't totally regressed as player, which was a major worry among fans earlier this season.

He wasn't a defensive, rebounding machine to begin with. Should he get better in those areas? Yes. Give him a full offseason with Casey watching over him and I bet he will be better.

Comment

• No doubt he's having a tough time adjusting to Casey's defensive focus. I don't think anyone should give up on him. He's probably never going to be an MVP, but I see him as an important part of a well-rounded team. Almost the way Shawn Marion was a valuable part of the Suns a few years back.

Celebrating the Futility of the Toronto Raptors:
                    http://www.holycraptors.com

Comment

• Maybe I'm being over-critical wishing DeMar would play defense and be able to score when it matters. Maybe I'm too tough on him you guys.
                      @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• Ya, people said that about Bargnani too. He'll come around.

Comment

• You think ceez? Give the dude some time

Comment

• I was being pretty sarcastic I think we need a font for it or something
                            @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• Call me crazy but ...

I see more potential in James Johnsons game then DeRozan.

Comment

• I do as well, but I just think Demar is more of a scorer than JJ, cause he's a two-way player. So, two different playing styles, two different positions in the NBA. The way they play suits the position they play, but i don't know about what everyone else thinks.
                                Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

Working...
                                X