Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why no faith?

Why has there been so much negativity and disbelief in Demar Derozan's future/potential? He's been playing well recently, and is most definitely our best player without Bargnani. He's only 22.
    Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

• Calderon is our best player without Bargnani, but people don't view him as our guy moving forward so I see why you overlooked him.

Comment

• I believe this has been, and continues to be, discussed in the "Everything DeRozan" thread.

Comment

• Well this is a rebuilding season, and most definitely Calderon is not in our long term focus.

Comment

• Calderon scores cause defenders sag off of him because of him being a great passer and looking to pass first then shoot. Look what happened to Jose when Pringles put Iman Shumpert on him. DeRozan goes through that tight defense every night and he dropped 29 on san antonio. He has loads of potential and he's only going to get better

Comment

• NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
              Calderon scores cause defenders sag off of him because of him being a great passer and looking to pass first then shoot. Look what happened to Jose when Pringles put Iman Shumpert on him. DeRozan goes through that tight defense every night and he dropped 29 on san antonio. He has loads of potential and he's only going to get better
              Totally agree, it's just his mentality of "I need to be aggressive every game, possession, etc."

Comment

• It's funny when ppl have nothing say when DeMar has a good game. Once again his 22 and in his 3rd year. In a wierd lockout year. Let's stop with the trade talk and drafting a replacement.
                @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Demar played a tremendous game, he was hot, attacked the defense, and read it well. He looked like one of the smartest players out there, AND he filled up the stat sheet! Loved his defense as well tonight.

Everyone can reply something negative. Point is, this is not close to his full potential, and he proved what he can do for us.

Comment

• In case you missed it, DeMar has a solid February

36.1 6.5-14.3 .459 0.5-1.4 .333 4.9-6.2 .794 3.1 2.3 0.3 0.8 3.5 2.6 18.5

11 games played
                    36.1 minutes per game

18.5 points
                    .459 FG (6.5/14.3)
                    .333 3pt (0.5/1.4)
                    .794 FT (4.9/6.2)

3.1 rebs
                    2.3 ast
                    0.3 blk
                    0.8 stl
                    2.6 turnovers

Not too bad considering the start to the year.

A little higher on the shooting percentage, cut down on the turnovers, and improve defensively and I would be content.

Comment

• Note:

There has been a significant reduction in pitch forks and torches in the second half of February.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                        There has been a significant reduction in pitch forks and torches in the second half of February.
                        Home Hardware must be struggling on sales with the play of Bargnani and DeMar finally turning it around (well, hopefully).

Comment

• Fear not Matt for the Raptors have a new foreign rookie big man on the way who currently has unrealistic rookie year expectations on his shoulders. Q4 should allow Home Hardware rebound and finish the year strong.

Comment

• Where's the biggest demar troll ever? pizzaman

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
                              36.1 6.5-14.3 .459 0.5-1.4 .333 4.9-6.2 .794 3.1 2.3 0.3 0.8 3.5 2.6 18.5

11 games played
                              36.1 minutes per game

18.5 points
                              .459 FG (6.5/14.3)
                              .333 3pt (0.5/1.4)
                              .794 FT (4.9/6.2)

3.1 rebs
                              2.3 ast
                              0.3 blk
                              0.8 stl
                              2.6 turnovers

Not too bad considering the start to the year.

A little higher on the shooting percentage, cut down on the turnovers, and improve defensively and I would be content.
                              Remember last year? Demar didn't start the year red hot. Maybe there's a Roberto Luongo in him?

But again, last year, his numbers increased every month, and became more and more consistent as the season went on. I will always have faith in Demar, because I believe he can be a VERY good player in the future.

Comment

• RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
                                Remember last year? Demar didn't start the year red hot. Maybe there's a Roberto Luongo in him?

But again, last year, his numbers increased every month, and became more and more consistent as the season went on. I will always have faith in Demar, because I believe he can be a VERY good player in the future.
                                DeMar has never started a season hot:

slow start in one year at USC,
                                slow start to rookie year,
                                slow start to year 2,
                                slow start to year 3.

Comment

Working...
                                X