Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
    I don't think it is a given.

Colangelo expressed frustration with DeMar about the things required to be a solid pro outside of being a gym rat. Strength training was the biggest culprit from what I recall of the interview.
    Yeah, I hope Demar jumps on that. Like what everyone has said, the team is made during the season, but players are made in the off-season.
    Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

• RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
      ... he killed the Drew League...
      And how did that work for him? He's gotta decide if he wants to be an entertainer, or a professional athlete. the first, he can probably get a job with the Harlem Globetrotters and put on benefit games and keep on appearing in the Drew League. If the latter, he needs to have a serious off-season schedule and work on weak aspects of his game. Even guys getting the league minimum can afford top notch personal trainers and off-season coaches to help them improve their games.

I hope he has learned his lesson. Five months of BS barnstorming has helped him pick up a posse and develop a three point shot when no one is on him, but not much else. Oh yeah, I forgot a distorted perspective of how much respect the refs should show him when he grimaces and whines about contact.

Hope this season helps him grow up.

Comment

im surprised he didn't talk about his ball-handling...
        Demar turns it over a lot 'cause he can't take the bumping as he drives to the basket. At least, that is my perception. He loses the ball after contact a lot more than screwing up his dribble.

Comment

• Demar's problem is weight, no doubt. I'm glad Casey sees the same and it was pointed out to DeMar. Why do you think he is afraid of contact? Because any contact turns into him bouncing back. Bad dribbling is myth.
          But.., i don't think he can add much more weight, than he has now. His bones are just too thin in general. He will always be agility based player and never be power based, IMO. Don't even try to compare diameter of his wrist to Wade's..
          So, i don't think he can be our starting SG in tough playoff games. He did show he can score in easy games, but he can't in close ones and it is a fact.

Comment

• MKG says his going to return to UK

Kentucky freshman Michael Kidd-Gilchrist, fresh off a victory over Vanderbilt, was asked about his future with the Wildcats.

“I’m graduating here. I’m not going nowhere,” Kidd-Gilchrist told reporters when asked whether he is returning to Kentucky next season. “I’m dead serious. I don’t know why y’all laughing.”

Kidd-Gilchrist is just one of an increasingly impressive line of Kentucky freshmen that includes national player of the year contender, Anthony Davis.

While he may be sincere today, Kidd-Gilchrist will have more time to consider his options when the season is over and he’ll have an opportunity to enter his name for draft consideration.

At the moment, he averages 12.2 points, 7.8 rebounds, 2.2 assists and 1.1 blocks for the Wildcats. He is considered a top-10 and has been listed as high as No. 4 in some mock drafts.

http://aol.sportingnews.com/ncaa-bas...er-this-season
            @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Lol wrong one
              @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Puffer wrote: View Post
                And how did that work for him? He's gotta decide if he wants to be an entertainer, or a professional athlete. the first, he can probably get a job with the Harlem Globetrotters and put on benefit games and keep on appearing in the Drew League. If the latter, he needs to have a serious off-season schedule and work on weak aspects of his game. Even guys getting the league minimum can afford top notch personal trainers and off-season coaches to help them improve their games.

I hope he has learned his lesson. Five months of BS barnstorming has helped him pick up a posse and develop a three point shot when no one is on him, but not much else. Oh yeah, I forgot a distorted perspective of how much respect the refs should show him when he grimaces and whines about contact.

Hope this season helps him grow up.
                Okay but Demar wasn't the only one who played in these off-season leagues, so did Kevin Durant and Lebron James. How did that work for them?

This year is hard, compressed schedule, new changes, he's young going through changes after such a successful individual, season and I'm not trying to be a lover, but not just Demar has really dropped his composure. Guys like Brandon Jennings, John Wall, these guys were top notch players and look at them now......

I do hope he grows from this season, but he's getting back on track, he has a tendency to really do well in the mid-season, and finish strong.

Comment

Okay but Demar wasn't the only one who played in these off-season leagues, so did Kevin Durant and Lebron James. How did that work for them?
                  Well, James apparently also worked on his post game (with Hakeem Olajuwon) and that's also very visible on the court. And besides, those guys are already on another level, they don't really need work on fundamentals anymore.

Comment

• Soft Euro wrote: View Post
                    Well, James apparently also worked on his post game (with Hakeem Olajuwon) and that's also very visible on the court. And besides, those guys are already on another level, they don't really need work on fundamentals anymore.
                    Doesn't mean they can't put time in to perfect and strengthen even more there fundamentals. Tim Duncan is a big example of it, and look at him.

Comment

Doesn't mean they can't put time in to perfect and strengthen even more there fundamentals. Tim Duncan is a big example of it, and look at him.
                      You probably see the difference in skill level between James/Durant and DeRozan and the much more urgent need to develop his skills for the last one, because that's what I meant.

Comment

• Soft Euro wrote: View Post
                        You probably see the difference in skill level between James/Durant and DeRozan and the much more urgent need to develop his skills for the last one, because that's what I meant.
                        Yeah true. I don't know, I just hope Demar will get done the things he needs to get done for him to be a good player.

Comment

• What about the HOTH?

Well, I heard this weekend that Andrea’s doing a little bit of running and on-court work, would suggest to me that it will be Friday at the very earliest that he returns and next Sunday might be more realistic.

http://thestar.blogs.com/raptors/201...best-shot.html

As I posted somewhere in here recently, don't expect him the first two road games back from All-Star weekend.

Comment

• Puffer wrote: View Post
                            Demar turns it over a lot 'cause he can't take the bumping as he drives to the basket. At least, that is my perception. He loses the ball after contact a lot more than screwing up his dribble.
                            Exactly what i was going to say. And sometimes, it seems he's waiting for the contact rather than making the shot a priority. You know how Lebron or wade just attacks the rim and when they get contact adjust their shot depending on the contact, well IMO, Demar is the opposite. He adjusts his shot anticipating the contact thats why it seems he doesnt have that many and1s. And when he does get the contact, he he tries to throw the ball in the air to show the refs he got bumped. Its painful to watch sometimes.

Comment

• Demar's Angry Tweet

I was checking the forum and I couldn't find it mentioned anywhere. Tim and Sid today mentioned that after Demar was benched for the whole 4th quarter last night he tweeted "straight up bull s*#t". It was removed pretty quickly. Anybody else hear about this?? Anyone know why the guy who just scored 10 in the 3rd quarter was benched in a close game??

Comment

• RaptorFan (proud?..) wrote: View Post
                                I was checking the forum and I couldn't find it mentioned anywhere. Tim and Sid today mentioned that after Demar was benched for the whole 4th quarter last night he tweeted "straight up bull s*#t". It was removed pretty quickly. Anybody else hear about this?? Anyone know why the guy who just scored 10 in the 3rd quarter was benched in a close game??
                                Doug Smith talked about it today in his blog and it was touched on in the game thread from last night.

http://raptorsrepublic.com/forums/sh...l=1#post116053

I'll probably move some of those comments over here in the next day or two.

Comment

Working...
                                X