Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
    But seriously how hard is it to learn how to do a crossover?
    Took me 4 years to get people to actually fall.
    Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

I was watching an old raptors game and realized how shit derozans handles are compared to wince farter
      You don't even need to watch old Carter footage to realize that. You just need to watch any other current shooting guard, lol.

Comment

• RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
        He doesn't even need a crossover per se. He just needs a move....ANY move. A stutter-step, hesitation move, step-back....ANYTHING!

He's already got the spin move down, but it's hard to pull off in a half-court set (it's better suited in transition).

Comment

• well he does have this behind the back dribble thats coming along. But more than anything he should work on a crossover and a stepback

Comment

you don't have like 5 top class coaches teaching you, though.

nor do you have nba caliber talent.
            If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

• LBF wrote: View Post
              you don't have like 5 top class coaches teaching you, though.

nor do you have nba caliber talent.
              lol you just insulted him pretty bad. But then again that is probably true especially the second part

Comment

lol you just insulted him pretty bad. But then again that is probably true especially the second part
                I speak from experience, truth hurts.

The best medicine is to laugh it off...

then go to your room and cry in the corner.
                If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Comment

• LBF wrote: View Post
                  I speak from experience, truth hurts.

The best medicine is to laugh it off...

then go to your room and cry in the corner.
                  the experiences of no talent or no coaches?

Comment

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post
                    the experiences of no talent or no coaches?
                    Nice try.

If I had feeling that would hurt it?

Comment

• I'm pretty sure I was kidding nor was I comparing my skill to NBA Talent and coaching.

I was replying to the fact at Demar's need for developing a move in terms of ball-handling and the time it will take.

You seem to believe your some top shit.
                      Last edited by ReubenJRD; Sun Apr 15, 2012, 09:33 PM.

Comment

• At the end of the day you could have the best coach in the world, but nothing happens unless you're planning on putting in the time.

Demar has enough problems with his needs to get stronger. It's by far his biggest need to address this off-season.

Comment

At the end of the day you could have the best coach in the world, but nothing happens unless you're planning on putting in the time.

Demar has enough problems with his needs to get stronger. It's by far his biggest need to address this off-season.
                          I personally think his poor ball-handling is a bigger hindrance than his lack of strength. DeRozan's offensive game would be much easier if he was able to create separation between him and his defender.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                            I personally think his poor ball-handling is a bigger hindrance than his lack of strength. DeRozan's offensive game would be much easier if he was able to create separation between him and his defender.
                            Truth is, he has been getting into the paint the last half of the season. Especially the last few games. He can handle the ball well enough to get around screens etc. I am just used to seeing him get stripped the last step or two after he has picked his dribble up...or not be able to finish after contact. Those are strength issues. As long as the Raps have AB and JV to open things up a little, DeRozan doesn't need great handles, or should I say, can keep working on them but not be held back too much. But stronger...he needs to go there.

Comment

• Puffer wrote: View Post
                              Truth is, he has been getting into the paint the last half of the season. Especially the last few games. He can handle the ball well enough to get around screens etc. I am just used to seeing him get stripped the last step or two after he has picked his dribble up...or not be able to finish after contact. Those are strength issues. As long as the Raps have AB and JV to open things up a little, DeRozan doesn't need great handles, or should I say, can keep working on them but not be held back too much. But stronger...he needs to go there.
                              Starting a shooting guard with limited range really increases the need for some 3 point fire power either in the starting lineup or off the bench. If the Raptors can pull a Orlando (i.e. 3-4 three point threats on the floor at all times) then lanes really could open up.... for everybody - Bargnani to drive, JV to roll, DD to drive, Calderon to drive and dish to wide open shooter (not DeMar), etc.

Comment

• So I've been away for a bit...

Are we really calling him "DeChosen" now?

That's a joke... Right?

Comment

Working...
                                X