Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• heinz57 wrote: View Post
    So I've been away for a bit...

Are we really calling him "DeChosen" now?

That's a joke... Right?
    Yes. Apollo is a funny dude.

Comment

• So far in this Hawk/Raptor game, demar has proved to be able to handle the ball pretty well.
      Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

• RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
        So far in this Hawk/Raptor game, demar has proved to be able to handle the ball pretty well.
        Pretty well? Or "adequate for a professional shooting guard"?

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
          Pretty well? Or "adequate for a professional shooting guard"?
          Don't get me wrong here. It's a skilled enough handle for a professional shooting guard. But it will and should get better.

Comment

• I'm usually the first to slag him but at the same time every offseason he works on and improves one thing it seems. Maybe this offseason it's handle.
            @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• Initial Demar Derozan analysis.

Good Finisher. Scoring Ability. Versatile Defender. "Got better, and better in the second half of the season."

Has anyone ever thought about what he was initially scouted as when he was first drafted compared to now?
              People believe that he has been a disappointment, but I see him as an improving player, taking steps forward in the right direction. He has surely improved over time, and the step made from year 1 to year 2 was a large surprise and really got the excitement out about each and every Raptor fan.

Than came the changes... A lockout, no full training camp. New coach, new culture, new mindset. No facility/coaching accessibility. Injuries to different role players. Constant role changes because of injuries.

I think everything has been addressed well potentially, the only one I'm questioning is his versatility defensively, he has shown spotty athleticism defense i.e blocking shots, passing lanes. But he's been inconsistent in terms of on-ball defense.

As he's grown in the league more needs have been addressed. "Better ball-handling. Needs to get stronger." Without these "needs" he's done a fantastic job offensively in my opinion, especially with all the adversity throughout the season.

All-in-all, my point and question is, do you believe Demar has become a much better, and a much more talented player than he was when first drafted? Is his ceiling no where near where he is right now?

Comment

• Casey wants DD to be like Greg Monroe?

BE LIKE MOOSE

Greg (Moose) Monroe is what Casey would like to see Davis become. He also wouldn’t mind some of Monroe rubbing off on DeRozan.

Not necessarily style of play but body type. Monroe hit the weight room in the off-season and put on between five and seven pounds of muscle. Casey seemed to think Monroe might have added a little more bulk than that but the improvement he sees in Monroe’s game, this year from last is what he would like to see out of both Davis and DeRozan next season.

“He did a great job with his body (last summer) and that’s something we are challenging Ed Davis and DeMar to do with theirs,” Casey said. “He has got some (added) bulk but he didn’t lose his athleticism and agility. He came back with that purpose in mind and he’s showing it in the paint. He’s taking contact and he’s dishing it out and still finishes the play. That’s what you hope for with a young player that is looking for strength and he did that.”
                http://www.torontosun.com/2012/04/22...all-to-pistons

Is it just me or does it look like the push is on for DeMar to convert to the SF?

Personally, I look at SG and SF as just wings.

Whatever the Raptors do this summer I hope a wing is brought in who can create his own shot, shoot from deep, play solid perimeter defense, and rebound...... when I put it like that, it suddenly is not an easy task.

Comment

• Sounds like you just described Brad Beal
                  Whoever told you skies the limit is looking dumb because I'm 22 and i'm moonwalking on the sun.

Comment

• Jon_Wade wrote: View Post
                    Sounds like you just described Brad Beal
                    Yup.

Comment

• RaptorReuben wrote: View Post

Good Finisher. Scoring Ability. Versatile Defender. "Got better, and better in the second half of the season."

Has anyone ever thought about what he was initially scouted as when he was first drafted compared to now?
                      People believe that he has been a disappointment, but I see him as an improving player, taking steps forward in the right direction. He has surely improved over time, and the step made from year 1 to year 2 was a large surprise and really got the excitement out about each and every Raptor fan.

Than came the changes... A lockout, no full training camp. New coach, new culture, new mindset. No facility/coaching accessibility. Injuries to different role players. Constant role changes because of injuries.

I think everything has been addressed well potentially, the only one I'm questioning is his versatility defensively, he has shown spotty athleticism defense i.e blocking shots, passing lanes. But he's been inconsistent in terms of on-ball defense.

As he's grown in the league more needs have been addressed. "Better ball-handling. Needs to get stronger." Without these "needs" he's done a fantastic job offensively in my opinion, especially with all the adversity throughout the season.

All-in-all, my point and question is, do you believe Demar has become a much better, and a much more talented player than he was when first drafted? Is his ceiling no where near where he is right now?
                      I think his ceiling is still high. Even at this stage I think he has a higher ceiling than any wing in this years draft. He still very raw but, is still finding way to score. I've really watched him this year and his feel for the game has gotten better throughout the year. His making better strides to be a better all-around player. This summer is going to be huge. He knows next year is a contract year, so I except to push himself like never before. He'll have coaches to check up on his progress. Demar is at 216 right now. I would very disappointed if he didn't come back at 225 next year.

DeRozan had some big scoring games and was notably more productive after New Year's Day, but between the emptiness of the rest of his stat line and his inattention to defense, he still needs to improve considerably to be a solid long-term starter. He may -- he's only 22 and certainly has athleticism to spare.

While DeRozan's athleticism and dunking makes the highlights, his meal ticket is his short-to-medium range shooting. DeRozan shot 46.8 percent between 3 and 15 feet, which is amazing for a shooting guard -- only Ray Allen and Kobe Bryant outshot him from that range; additionally the majority of those shots came on his own steam, unassisted.

DeRozan draws a lot of fouls and makes his free throws, but he takes too many long 2s and 3s (a disastrous 5-of-52 last season), so his true shooting percentage was still very ordinary. Additionally, he has no idea the option of passing exists once he begins dribbling. DeRozan's assist rate was just 60th out of 66 shooting guards, which is just atrocious for somebody putting it on the floor this much.

Defensively, DeRozan has some tools but has yet to use them and didn't seem terribly interested in figuring out how he might do so; one wonders how much was him and how much was the laissez-faire culture in Toronto.

Nonetheless, wing players who can get a point every two minutes don't grow on trees, and it was only DeRozan's second season. His game still has major flaws, but it also has major strengths; if he can just become mediocre-to-average in the weak areas, he'll be a star.
                      http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/playe.../demar-derozan
                      @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• i've been saying that all along but everyone here besides us 3 hates on derozan like no tomorrow. They want some unproven rookie to take his place. Remember when Paul pierce was drafted? he and the celtics never made they playoffs for like 4 straight seasons and once they added some talent around him he exploded. For all we know the same thing could happen with DeMar

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                          I think his ceiling is still high. Even at this stage I think he has a higher ceiling than any wing in this years draft. He still very raw but, is still finding way to score. I've really watched him this year and his feel for the game has gotten better throughout the year. His making better strides to be a better all-around player. This summer is going to be huge. He knows next year is a contract year, so I except to push himself like never before. He'll have coaches to check up on his progress. Demar is at 216 right now. I would very disappointed if he didn't come back at 225 next year.

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/playe.../demar-derozan
                          Really nice article that summarizes Derozan. Nice look.

Comment

• NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                            i've been saying that all along but everyone here besides us 3 hates on derozan like no tomorrow. They want some unproven rookie to take his place. Remember when Paul pierce was drafted? he and the celtics never made they playoffs for like 4 straight seasons and once they added some talent around him he exploded. For all we know the same thing could happen with DeMar
                            i have never hated on derozan.

Comment

• include me in the small list of Demar supporters.

But he has to grow up. all this moaning to refs and tantrums is not helping his cause. You can only do that if you are a superstar.

Comment

• draftedraptor wrote: View Post
                                include me in the small list of Demar supporters.

But he has to grow up. all this moaning to refs and tantrums is not helping his cause. You can only do that if you are a superstar.
                                I think that one was for tank nation tho so i'll give it a pass

Comment

Working...
                                X