View Poll Results: Grade Derozan's Season.

Voters
67. You may not vote on this poll
  • A

1 1.49%
  • B

18 26.87%
  • C

40 59.70%
  • D

8 11.94%
  • F

0 0%
Page 51 of 254 FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51 52 53 61 101 151 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,020 of 5068

Thread: Everything Demar Derozan

Post Thanks / Like

Quote big red wrote: View Post
    In other words, he hit as many threes in one game as he did all of last season.
    Precisely.

5/8 tonight.
    5/52 last season.
    In Masai we Trust.

Post Thanks / Like

DeRozan is absolutely shooting with confidence. I hope this translate to a more complete offensive game. I hope he develops the swagger ala Vince Carter of old. I haven't really seen Bargnani's swagger, only briefly. But DeRozan can really bring it!
    #Raptor4Life, #Prepping4thePlayoffs

Raptors Republic Starter draftedraptor's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

We have known all along DeMar has a really big ceiling if he works hard. He needs the right attitude and coaching staff. I would give him a big contract next year if he keeps performing like this and keep him happy here. He needs to improve on his D, work on his post moves and be more aggressive on the boards. Rather than being a 3point shooter he needs to add that to his skills and use it wisely like Kobe. else he would become another Kevin martin who blows hot n cold.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Soft Euro wrote: View Post
    It's looking like he really shot about 1000 a day over the summer. Nevertheless (and hardly worth mentioning), he probably won't keep this percentage up.
    I read a star article where he was quoted as saying he didn't leave the gym until he made 500 threes.

Raptors Republic All-Star Soft Euro's Avatar
    Utrecht, The Netherlands (Yes, that's Europe!)
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote AJ360 wrote: View Post
    I read a star article where he was quoted as saying he didn't leave the gym until he made 500 threes.
    Actually it was 250 threes and 250 midrange shots:

Three New Stars in 3-Point Land

By ROB MAHONEY

The addition of a consistent 3-point shot is one of the great off-season glamor moves in the world of N.B.A. player development, akin to adding “15 pounds of muscle,” or a non-point guard claiming to have put in work on his ball-handling. But there’s good reason for teams and players to value the extension of range back to the 3-point arc; although the long ball is certainly chic, it’s also an incredibly efficient shot and a facilitator for an established halfcourt offense.

There’s a very real payoff (both in actual dollars and in the less literal currency of the game) for players able to establish themselves as 3-point shooters. With that in mind, here are three suddenly effective marksmen who had previously struggled from beyond the arc, and the methods behind their surprising accuracy:

DeMar DeRozan, Toronto Raptors

Last season: 5-52 3FG (9.6 per cent)

This season: 5-8 3FG (62.5 per cent)

As John Schuhmann noted at NBA.com, DeRozan has rebounded strongly from the worst 3-point-shooting season in N.B.A. history to post an impressive 5-of-8 shooting mark through five games. Schuhmann spoke with DeRozan after Monday night’s game against the Knicks, in which the Raptors guard connected on both of his attempts from long range:

“I think last year I wasn’t comfortable with it,” DeRozan said after his Raptors held off the Knicks for their second win of the season. “I was timid about shooting it. When I shoot it now, I shoot it with confidence, like I know it’s going in.”

That confidence is the result of a ton of work in Los Angeles this summer. DeRozan said that, five or six days a week in the off-season, he’d follow up his weight and skill work with a night session where he’d make 250 midrange jumpers and 250 3s.

Unlike other basketball improvements, shooting really is only a function of confidence and repetition. DeRozan was willing to put in the work, and now that he’s starting to establish muscle memory for an accurate 3-point release, his confidence in his shot-making ability has grown accordingly.

We can see evidence of that in DeRozan’s willingness to stand beyond the 3-point arc at all, where he rarely ventured last season because of his lack of trust in his 3-point stroke. Last year DeRozan would wander the baseline area (the “short corner”) or provide spacing on the perimeter, but often a step or two inside the arc, where a far more comfortable midrange jumper could be had. DeRozan still works to those spots on the floor without the ball, but he also seems more at home waiting for a 3-point kickout than before.
    Source and other part of the article

Raptors Republic Superstar TheGloveinRapsUniform's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default DeRozan - All-Star?

Saw this on my feed on FB

DeMar DeRozan
    It would be a dream come true to make the All-Star team. Support your boy and text DeRozan to 69622 daily. I really appreciate everyone's support!

I actually voted for him, mostly because he's a Raptor. I dont think he deserves (if you regard All-Star as elite, and not a popularity contest) to be an All-Star this year, and i think thats fairly obvious.

Thoughts?

Raptors Republic All-Star wallz's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Bargniani is playing like an all-star at the moment, but derozan is playing no where near the level Andrea is at. I just hope Andrea gets in

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

DD is nowhere near an all-star at this point.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah we're lucky if we get 1 all-star let alone 2. And our best player is Bargnani.

Administrator Dr. James Naismith's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

No

Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

he is playing like complete garbage. I had so much faith in the guy, its sad to see him play like this. If he doesn't improve this its going to be a huge problem not only for him but the raptors. Fans are already pissed at him, go read the FB comments. you can't blame them though he is playing very bad.

Raptors Republic Starter Papa Burgundy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Any thoughts of that for DD ... are a joke, unless he becomes really popular in China.
    The only way to bag a classy lady is to give her two tickets to the gun show... and see if she likes the goods.

Raptors Republic All-Star DoNDaDDa's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

hes not even playing like a D-league all star at the moment.... LOL he can keep dreaming

Raptors Republic Starter GameBreaker's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Just remember, it's DD fans that think he should make it, I'm sure DD's not thinking that at all. He's nowhere NEAR that, this season, so far. I just hope people don't get to dissing him as if it's HIM that thinks he should be there. That's a public set-up if I've ever heard/seen one.
    The NBA Larry O'Brien Trophy's 'Big Decision': "This is hard..(smiling)...but..I've decided to take my talents to North Texas, to join The Dallas Mavericks.

"My Gladiator verses VS. what ya verse says"--Adversaree
    Check out my song "Beat Fighter 2010" (prod. by Pete Cannon)
    www.myspace.com/adversareeteamfresh
    http://www.youtube.com/user/adversaree
    http://twitter.com/#!/GiftOfSpeech (Twitter)

Raptors Republic Superstar Puffer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
    he is playing like complete garbage. I had so much faith in the guy, its sad to see him play like this. If he doesn't improve this its going to be a huge problem not only for him but the raptors. Fans are already pissed at him, go read the FB comments. you can't blame them though he is playing very bad.
    Going to have to change your name to "Propsneeded" if he doesn't turn things around, which I expect he will. Still the same player as last year. Just something in his head isn't right. He will sort it out.

Allstar? Not this year.

Administrator Dr. James Naismith's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

DeMar will be fine. I'm obviously not a sports psychologist by any means, but I think DeMar is his own worst enemy. It's a mental thing for him. Now I'm basing this opinion on his own quotes, but you can't fault his work ethic because by all accounts he's a gym rat both during the off-season and currently now. He's young and still has alot of growth ahead him. Is there the potential of him becoming an all-star one day? Absolutely, but he's not there yet.

Raptors Republic Superstar heinz57's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

agree with Doc.

Being a physical specimen is great... but i see dudes with well tuned athletic bodies who are complete wastes of human life all the time...

he needs to do something about his mentality... get that desire to dominate his opponent that the Kobes and MJs of the world have...

Post Thanks / Like

DeMar just needs to adjust to the reduced speed of casey's offense.

Edit: If he can.

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

DeRozan fell in love with his jump shot and all was good when the shots were falling. Take it to the hoop, I say. Get to the foul line more frequently. DD had that going at the start of the third period then all fell apart.
    Last edited by stretch; Wed Jan 11th, 2012 at 10:20 AM.

Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

DeRozan's problem is between his ears. He isn't any slower than last year, and his shooting mechanics are just as ugly as last year. But after one or two bad shooting nights, he probably started doubting himself. Now it looks like he's scared to shoot, but he has no choice because he's so wide open.

He'll eventually learn to attack the rim with more purpose. That will help him get some easy points from the line, which should get some confidence back (or at least, I hope).

As for his all-star worthiness, I'm going to email Stern and ask him to reset DeMar's totals back to zero. The guy doesn't deserve a single vote. Hometown favourtism be damned!
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

Page 51 of 254 FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51 52 53 61 101 151 ... LastLast

Thread Information