View Poll Results: Grade Derozan's Season.

Voters
67. You may not vote on this poll
  • A

    1 1.49%
  • B

    18 26.87%
  • C

    40 59.70%
  • D

    8 11.94%
  • F

    0 0%
Page 84 of 254 FirstFirst ... 34 74 82 83 84 85 86 94 134 184 ... LastLast
Results 1,661 to 1,680 of 5062

Thread: Everything Demar Derozan

  1. #1661
    Super Moderator ReubenJRD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Vancouver, BC.
    Posts
    4,052
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Oh, and in that video, Demar handles the ball ALOT.

    EDIT* How many points did Demar have? Honestly? 40 points? LOL.
    Last edited by ReubenJRD; Fri Aug 17th, 2012 at 04:40 PM.

  2. #1662
    Super Moderator ReubenJRD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Vancouver, BC.
    Posts
    4,052
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    http://www.usabasketball.com/mens/na...t_roster.html\

    Word is, Derozan was the leading scorer for USA's Select team... Jay Triano is the coach. Hmmmmm. Just thought that was interesting.

  3. #1663
    Raptors Republic Starter torch19's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Toronto, ON
    Posts
    713
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    DeMar dropped 46 ...... No defense, but his handles are not as bad as I thought. In transition, he is deadly. Casey, let 'em run.
    “I don’t create controversies. They’re there long before I open my mouth. I just bring them to your attention.”

    -- Charles Barkley

  4. #1664
    Super Moderator Joey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    7,546
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Is it just me, or is he looking awfully "Iguodala-ish" with them GUNS. Dude looks Ripped!

    Can't wait to watch the vids after work. Thanks for posting guys.
    In Masai we Trust.

  5. #1665
    Super Moderator ReubenJRD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Vancouver, BC.
    Posts
    4,052
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote torch19 wrote: View Post
    DeMar dropped 46 ...... No defense, but his handles are not as bad as I thought. In transition, he is deadly. Casey, let 'em run.
    Quote joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
    Is it just me, or is he looking awfully "Iguodala-ish" with them GUNS. Dude looks Ripped!

    Can't wait to watch the vids after work. Thanks for posting guys.
    Demar has ONE HELL of a pull-up jumper. Quick, good elevation, I can't wait to see him get up.

  6. #1666
    Raptors Republic All-Star WJF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Nova Scotia
    Posts
    1,471
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I barley got through 3 minutes of watching that Drew League crap. That was not basketball, I have seen better energy and intensity in a 40 plus men's league. Playing ball like that does improve your game at all, it just reinforces bad habits and gives a player a false sense of ability. Putting uniforms on these guys and calling it a league is a scam, they may as well have been going shirts and skins.

  7. #1667
    Super Moderator Joey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    7,546
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote WJF wrote: View Post
    I barley got through 3 minutes of watching that Drew League crap. That was not basketball, I have seen better energy and intensity in a 40 plus men's league. Putting uniforms on these guys and calling it a league is a scam, they may as well have been going shirts and skins.
    I think you miss the point of the Drew League.
    "The Drew League's goal was to help young people form meaningful relationships on the court that would spill over into the neighborhood, as well as build an institution that would bring top local high school, college, and pro players back to the community. -DrewLeague.com"

    It's sole purpose is to entertain a crowd and bring people together in a positive, light-hearted environment.

    Not sure if you're aware, but South Central LA is a pretty rough area.
    Anything that offers these kids a sense of community and a 'way out'; or a GLIMPSE of it anyway, is a good thing in my books.


    While I agree that you will not find alot of "Fundamentals" in these games; I think its great for Young, Inner-City kids to get a look at some VERY good ball players, who happened to come out of the same tough circumstanced that they did.

    Not to mention, these games are great for Cardio/Endurance training.

    Quote WJF wrote:
    Playing ball like that does [not] improve your game at all, it just reinforces bad habits and gives a player a false sense of ability.
    Slightly Disagree.
    If you're hittin open Jumpers all day at Drew League, I don't see how this doesn't offer some translation to NBA.
    Hitting an open Jumper is hitting an open Jumper, is hitting an open Jumper. Whether you do it in Practice, in a Game, or in a Pick-Up game.
    Nailing a tough, contested Lay-up is still nailing a tough, contested lay-up.
    Yes, the level of defense is different, but one could argue the level of defense is different even at Practice. It's all about how seriously YOU take the game with which you are playing in. Demar seems to take it seriously, and uses it as a time to brush up on his Jumper. Not a bad idea. Rather him hit jumpers against these guys, then by himself in the gym somewhere.
    Last edited by Joey; Mon Aug 20th, 2012 at 05:30 PM.
    In Masai we Trust.

  8. #1668
    Super Moderator ReubenJRD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Vancouver, BC.
    Posts
    4,052
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
    I think you miss the point of the Drew League.
    "The Drew League's goal was to help young people form meaningful relationships on the court that would spill over into the neighborhood, as well as build an institution that would bring top local high school, college, and pro players back to the community. -DrewLeague.com"

    It's sole purpose is to entertain a crowd and bring people together in a positive, light-hearted environment.

    Not sure if you're aware, but South Central LA is a pretty rough area.
    Anything that offers these kids a sense of community and a 'way out'; or a GLIMPSE of it anyway, is a good thing in my books.


    While I agree that you will not find alot of "Fundamentals" in these games; I think its great for Young, Inner-City kids to get a look at some VERY good ball players, who happened to come out of the same tough circumstanced that they did.

    Not to mention, these games are great for Cardio/Endurance training.



    Slightly Disagree.
    If you're hittin open Jumpers all day at Drew League, I don't see how this doesn't offer some translation to NBA.
    Hitting an open Jumper is hitting an open Jumper, is hitting an open Jumper. Whether you do it in Practice, in a Game, or in a Pick-Up game.
    Nailing a tough, contested Lay-up is still nailing a tough, contested lay-up.
    Yes, the level of defense is different, but one could argue the level of defense is different even at Practice. It's all about how seriously YOU take the game with which you are playing in. Demar seems to take it seriously, and uses it as a time to brush up on his Jumper. Not a bad idea. Rather him hit jumpers against these guys, then by himself in the gym somewhere.
    +1

    Let's also not take away the fact that Demar individually actually spent much time working on his game. Playing/practicing and earning experience on the USA Select Team, rumour is being the top scorer. Working out as well in Italy, Las Vegas, and LA.

    Drew League for Demar could build confidence, and brush any rust off for him, because players do tend to come into training camp not holding a basketball for a couple weeks. I've never been against Drew League, he's participated in it every year he's been in the league, and has improved a part of his game every single year. Not to say Drew League was the reason, also not to say it wasn't.

    Demar is still very raw, and came into the league with sub-par skill and very good athleticism. He's got A LOT of growing room left.

  9. #1669
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    19,243
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote WJF wrote: View Post
    I barley got through 3 minutes of watching that Drew League crap. That was not basketball, I have seen better energy and intensity in a 40 plus men's league. Playing ball like that does improve your game at all, it just reinforces bad habits and gives a player a false sense of ability. Putting uniforms on these guys and calling it a league is a scam, they may as well have been going shirts and skins.
    Quote joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
    I think you miss the point of the Drew League.
    "The Drew League's goal was to help young people form meaningful relationships on the court that would spill over into the neighborhood, as well as build an institution that would bring top local high school, college, and pro players back to the community. -DrewLeague.com"

    It's sole purpose is to entertain a crowd and bring people together in a positive, light-hearted environment.

    Not sure if you're aware, but South Central LA is a pretty rough area.
    Anything that offers these kids a sense of community and a 'way out'; or a GLIMPSE of it anyway, is a good thing in my books.


    While I agree that you will not find alot of "Fundamentals" in these games; I think its great for Young, Inner-City kids to get a look at some VERY good ball players, who happened to come out of the same tough circumstanced that they did.

    Not to mention, these games are great for Cardio/Endurance training.



    Slightly Disagree.
    If you're hittin open Jumpers all day at Drew League, I don't see how this doesn't offer some translation to NBA.
    Hitting an open Jumper is hitting an open Jumper, is hitting an open Jumper. Whether you do it in Practice, in a Game, or in a Pick-Up game.
    Nailing a tough, contested Lay-up is still nailing a tough, contested lay-up.
    Yes, the level of defense is different, but one could argue the level of defense is different even at Practice. It's all about how seriously YOU take the game with which you are playing in. Demar seems to take it seriously, and uses it as a time to brush up on his Jumper. Not a bad idea. Rather him hit jumpers against these guys, then by himself in the gym somewhere.
    Thanks for that Joey. Wasn't aware of the history of the league and its purpose.

    With that said though, I have to agree with WJF on the qualify of the play I turned it off around the 3 minute mark as well..... but to each their own.

  10. #1670
    Super Moderator Joey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    7,546
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    Thanks for that Joey. Wasn't aware of the history of the league and its purpose.

    With that said though, I have to agree with WJF on the qualify of the play I turned it off around the 3 minute mark as well..... but to each their own.
    Oh, I hardly watched any of it either. :P Thats not the point Matt. Haha

    The point is, is that this League isn't supposed to be High Competition, In-your-face Defense, Super Intense etc.
    That sort of thing gets people killed round those parts!

    Its supposed to be fun, up and down, strut-your-stuff BBall.
    You can't expect NBA-level Defense when half the guys playing in it, aren't NBA-Level.

    And while its not my favourite style of basketball to watch, I'll support it for what it stands for and what it means to the community. Who knows, maybe Demar and BJennings wouldn't be in the NBA today if it weren't for Drew League.
    In Masai we Trust.

  11. #1671
    Raptors Republic Veteran ceez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    6,739
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
    http://www.usabasketball.com/mens/na...t_roster.html\

    Word is, Derozan was the leading scorer for USA's Select team... Jay Triano is the coach. Hmmmmm. Just thought that was interesting.
    saying we should trade him to portland?
    @jerboat

  12. #1672
    Raptors Republic Starter torch19's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Toronto, ON
    Posts
    713
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    You guys should have watched the 2nd quarter, when Demar went HAM.

    I also like the effort that he was giving on both ends, especially when the game got a bit serious in the 4th quarter.

    It's also not bad that he gets to practice 1 on 1 moves, since his team did not run any plays at all.
    “I don’t create controversies. They’re there long before I open my mouth. I just bring them to your attention.”

    -- Charles Barkley

  13. #1673
    Raptors Republic Superstar Chr1s1anL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Ottawa, Ontario
    Posts
    3,888
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    http://ballislife.com/demar-derozan-...e-playoff-mix/

    Obviously summer league games aren’t the best way to analyze a player and his true abilities but you can still get a feel of a player and what they are capable of doing. Check out NBA rising star DeMar DeRozan of the Toronto Raptors showing off his improved game during the LA Drew League semi-finals and championship games. DeMar seems to have tightened up his handle a bit and worked on his shot.
    @Chr1st1anL

  14. #1674
    Raptors Republic Starter theycallmeZZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    North York, ON
    Posts
    866
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Woah... look closely at the Money Gang jersey that DeMar is wearing...


    Doesn't the style seem veryyyyy familiar? (focus on the style not the colour or the font or anything else)
    TORONTOOOOOO RAPTORSSSSSS

  15. #1675
    Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    5,957
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    They said the same about DeMar last summer. Let's hope they mean it this time.
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

  16. #1676
    Raptors Republic Rookie
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Downtown Toronto
    Posts
    70
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Has anyone seen this: http://blip.tv/ballislife/demar-dero...finals-6316143

    He looks like he is ready for the contact and the open looks

  17. #1677
    Raptors Republic Superstar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Richmond Hill, ON
    Posts
    2,800
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default DeMar DeRozan Shows His Improved Game During LA Drew League Semi's & Finals!

    I know it's just the LA Drew League, but I do see some sort of improvement in his game. There seems to be more consistency in his three point shot. One more thing that I found funny, at 0:36, did he just attempt the infamous Dirk fadeaway with the leg out?

    http://blip.tv/ballislife/demar-dero...finals-6316143

    P.S. Mods feel free moving this to the "Everything DeChosen" thread if you want...

  18. #1678
    Super Moderator ReubenJRD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Vancouver, BC.
    Posts
    4,052
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I felt he improved too. Drew League isn't exactly NBA competition, but it's a place where you can find spots of improvement.

    Demar's handles look nice, his jump-shot is looking confident and better, and he has certainly gotten bigger. I really hope this translates into a game.

    I'd rather see him trying to create shot and the one dribble, kobe fake and pass....

  19. #1679
    Raptors Republic Rookie JalenRose5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    133
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    thanks for this update! He looks much more solid, and i'm glad he's been working on his jump shot. I still have hope for Demar and I love that he's a gym rat. only good things can come when Kobe is your idol and mentor.

  20. #1680
    Raptors Republic Superstar Chr1s1anL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Ottawa, Ontario
    Posts
    3,888
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Some more amateur competition for DeMar

    @Chr1st1anL

Page 84 of 254 FirstFirst ... 34 74 82 83 84 85 86 94 134 184 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 29 users browsing this thread. (8 members and 21 guests)

  1. Abbas,
  2. Day One,
  3. lilspaz68,
  4. Mindlessness,
  5. pauljondy,
  6. Rapzilla,
  7. Zeknight

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •