View Poll Results: Grade Derozan's Season.

Voters
67. You may not vote on this poll
  • A

1 1.49%
  • B

18 26.87%
  • C

40 59.70%
  • D

8 11.94%
  • F

0 0%
Page 101 of 269 FirstFirst ... 51 91 99 100 101 102 103 111 151 201 ... LastLast
Results 2,001 to 2,020 of 5367

Thread: Everything Demar Derozan

Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

As per Eric Koreen, thanks the Bargnani's disppearing act, DeRozan instantly becomes our biggest trade asset this offseason.

DeRozan’s is the most uncertain case on the roster. On the one hand, he has quieted concerns about his ability to play alongside Gay — he averaged close to 20 points per game, getting to the free-throw line 7.5 times per game in 12 contests in February playing with Gay.

However, what was said at the time of the trade still stands: Both Gay and DeRozan cannot consistently hit the three-point shot, defend at a high level or create for others.

More to the point, DeRozan is one of the Raptors’ more intriguing trade assets. There are not many productive, young shooting guards in the league. The four-year, US$38-million contract extension DeRozan signed this off-season thus become a reasonable investment. The Raptors owe it to themselves to see if other teams agree.
    http://sports.nationalpost.com/2013/...d-who-will-go/
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

As per Eric Koreen, thanks to the Bargnani's disppearing act, DeRozan instantly becomes our biggest trade asset this offseason.

DeRozan’s is the most uncertain case on the roster. On the one hand, he has quieted concerns about his ability to play alongside Gay — he averaged close to 20 points per game, getting to the free-throw line 7.5 times per game in 12 contests in February playing with Gay.

However, what was said at the time of the trade still stands: Both Gay and DeRozan cannot consistently hit the three-point shot, defend at a high level or create for others.

More to the point, DeRozan is one of the Raptors’ more intriguing trade assets. There are not many productive, young shooting guards in the league. The four-year, US$38-million contract extension DeRozan signed this off-season thus become a reasonable investment. The Raptors owe it to themselves to see if other teams agree.
    Last edited by Nilanka; Fri Mar 1st, 2013 at 04:28 PM.
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

Raptors Republic Superstar ReubenJRD's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Nilanka wrote: View Post
    As per Eric Koreen, thanks the Bargnani's disppearing act, DeRozan instantly becomes our biggest trade asset this offseason.

Unless it nets us an impact, proven big or wing, I'm saying no. Derozan is clearly worth his contract, technically, he's overachieving because he's only making about $3.5 million this season, if he continues his upward progression, he'll definitely be worth his contract next season.

Millsap seems like the only name I would even consider giving up Derozan for, but it'd still be skeptical, because like Gay, never touched an all-star game, and I don't think he'll ever be one. While Derozan could definitely get there, being so young, and already a mild impact player.

Raptors Republic Superstar Rapstor4Life's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Trading DeRozan "Would be the biggest mistake the Franchise has ever made" ya I said it, we got something good which will eventually be great kid is beasting and has the drive to be even better. Trade him and watch him kill us.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
    Trading DeRozan "Would be the biggest mistake the Franchise has ever made" ya I said it, we got something good which will eventually be great kid is beasting and has the drive to be even better. Trade him and watch him kill us.
    I am against trading him as well, and he is a hard worker, which has been obvious, and if he continues the upward progression, he'll be a really, really good player. Although, if we can get someone better now, and for the future, I would consider it. It's truly got to be the RIGHT price.

Raptors Republic All-Star wallz's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
    I am against trading him as well, and he is a hard worker, which has been obvious, and if he continues the upward progression, he'll be a really, really good player. Although, if we can get someone better now, and for the future, I would consider it. It's truly got to be the RIGHT price.
    +1. He's a good player and has great character but he's not untouchable IMO

Raptors Republic Rookie OldSchool's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

+2 How could you not love this kid...love his work ethic, obvious improvements every single season, not a diva etc... If we let him go, Im with Reuben, it has to be at the RIGHT price.

Raptors Republic Superstar enlightenment's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Please I want to be enlightened... what exactly IS the right price for Derozan?
    The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Post Thanks / Like

I'd trade him, sure.
    @jerboat

Post Thanks / Like

Quote enlightenment wrote: View Post
    Please I want to be enlightened... what exactly IS the right price for Derozan?
    Either a player with better potential, or someone exactly like him. Depends on what you think a player's right price should be. We all see players and favour players differently.

Raptors Republic All-Star RandomGuy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

You would trade him, but he's most consistent on Raptors roster, funny or not
    http://www.basketball-reference.com/...r_minute::none
    just makes you think
    #FREE

Post Thanks / Like

Quote RandomGuy wrote: View Post
    You would trade him, but he's most consistent on Raptors roster, funny or not
    http://www.basketball-reference.com/...r_minute::none
    just makes you think
    I don't think his consistency THIS season has been a problem. He's been the best other than Amir.

Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think his consistency THIS season has been a problem. He's been the best other than Amir.
    Congrats on the promotion brother!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
    Congrats on the promotion brother!
    Thank you very much man! Derozan would be happy! :P

Raptors Republic Superstar Rapstor4Life's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

http://www.sportsnet.ca/basketball/n...e-in-the-hole/

DeRozan and Payton putting in work! good stuff.

Default Demar Derozan and Gary Payton: Who Knew?

It boggles my mind how many people want Demar gone when all he does is get better. Vince spoiled us and we're probably not gonna draft another guy like him but to suggest dealing Derozan so an unproven kid who has forgotten how to hit his jumper and refuses to go anywhere inside the free throw line can start is ludicrous. I like Ross, he is definitely the most athletic player on this team, but I see him as more of a sixth man type who can play the 2 when we go small. We need a guy like Demar who can score, has shown signs of being a solid rebounder and can drive and kick (Rudy's may be "the guy" but he's pretty damn selfish). By the way, Gary Payton, in the article, says Derozan can be an all-star. Oh and I would like to see someone make a great pun involving Derozan being in good hands and Payton's nickname, "The Glove".

Raptors Republic All-Star Balls of Steel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I wouldn't have guessed that the Glove would have any influence on him at all. I mean, he dribbles like a girl guide on a Sunday morning and couldn't defend a toddler. But he scores so yay points!
    “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Gary Payton better turn his ass into an all star or we're doomed. We're spiraling out of orbit and this team is heading no where, unless Dwane Casey somehow gets them to play defense.

Quote Balls of Steel wrote: View Post
    I wouldn't have guessed that the Glove would have any influence on him at all. I mean, he dribbles like a girl guide on a Sunday morning and couldn't defend a toddler. But he scores so yay points!
    This is what i mean by Vince spoiling us. We're not going to get the full package but at least Demar is gonna work his ass off to get as close as he possibly can.

Raptors Republic Superstar Chr1s1anL's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post

DeRozan and Payton putting in work! good stuff.
    I'll say it again! How can you hate on this kid?

Page 101 of 269 FirstFirst ... 51 91 99 100 101 102 103 111 151 201 ... LastLast

Thread Information