View Poll Results: Grade Derozan's Season.

Voters
67. You may not vote on this poll
  • A

1 1.49%
  • B

18 26.87%
  • C

40 59.70%
  • D

8 11.94%
  • F

0 0%
Page 113 of 254 FirstFirst ... 13 63 103 111 112 113 114 115 123 163 213 ... LastLast
Results 2,241 to 2,260 of 5071

Thread: Everything Demar Derozan

Raptors Republic Veteran white men can't jump's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Raptor_11 wrote: View Post
    Good points. but the way i see it, demar is still a pretty inefficient sg (stats don't lie) that cant make the 3 ball. Plus he is overpaid (But i guess all Raptors are). I just don't think it would hurt the team to get rid of him. And since they are spending tons of money either way, they may as well go for more wins, which is more likely with a Millsap type player than Demar on the wing, IMO. Pretty solid core to move forward with too, Lowry Gay Millsap JV Amir Fields Ross.

EDIT: I guess i didn't really address your final point on a Demar trade. I think Millsap is likely the best option moving forward. He's a very good PF, and the time is now to make a deal with Gay and Lowry in their primes
    No, they may as well not go for more wins. THey may as well keep building the team in a way that leads to the best possible outcome of winning a championship...oh wait, they've barely started doing that. THe only reason I can even think of it is because they drafted JV.

Spending unwisely for more wins has been the problem with the Raptors since their Carter days. It was only slightly more justifiable in Grunwald's days. Now it is totally unacceptable. Spending more money to put a 45-50 win team on the court for 2-3 years with no plan to make the team better beyond that is crappy team building. I would rather win 40-45 wins and maintain as many options to make a significant jump to a 50 or 55+ win team within 3 or 4 years instead of at that time struggling badly to keep a 45-50 win team from falling apart and getting worse, or having to rebuild again.

You would be building the team around 3 guys who have never made an all-star game and pretending that's a competitive core. Lowry has done nothing to convince me he's worth keeping. Gay is certainly a good SF, but if he's the best player on the team, how good is the team? And Millsap is a solid PF, but again, he is not spectacular in any way. He is a good post player and rebounder, but isn't elite in either way, nor is he someone you can play as a shooter. He can shoot, but you wouldn't just use him as a stretch PF, it's not his game. You would be building a team that would be lucky to make it out of the first round for however long they're together, where any improvement would still depend on JV's development. And if that's the case, the focus from now should be on having the team built around JV, instead of having to change trajectories in 3-4 years. And the more they build the team for winning now (or rather for the next 2-3 years), the harder that becomes.
    Last edited by white men can't jump; Fri Mar 29th, 2013 at 07:26 PM.

Raptors Republic All-Star wallz's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

The Raptors are a luxury tax team either way, so the money is being spent regardless. How is spending on Millsap instead of Demar going to kill the raptors chances at getting better down the road? He will be just as tradeable as Demar and is arguably more valuable

Raptors Republic Veteran white men can't jump's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Raptor_11 wrote: View Post
    The Raptors are a luxury tax team either way, so the money is being spent regardless. How is spending on Millsap instead of Demar going to kill the raptors chances at getting better down the road? He will be just as tradeable as Demar and is arguably more valuable
    Because Demar still has potential to improve. Millsap will be 28 when next season starts. His value will only go down from now on. For the next 2-3 years, you can still sell potential with Demar, and he frankly plays a much weaker position in the league these days. If he learns to shoot even just from the corners, he'll be a very valuable player, possibly even worth keeping.

Millsap, a PF who isn't a strong defender and relies on athleticism, is not going to increase in value, that's for sure. If Demar can get you Millsap now, there's no reason to think he can't be part of a package to get a better player, possibly even this summer (though I doubt it). I'm sure Utah would do that deal. THey lose a player they don't plan on keeping anyway(who they could lose for nothing) and gain a type of player they really need at a very weak position for them... I'm sure no other team will offer them as good a deal, because it would be a pretty poor move.

I really think Demar is the most likely player to be traded to improve this team, I just seem to differ in opinion with a lot of people as to how and when to do that.

*Put it this way, the centrepiece of the Gay trade was Ed Davis (because it's who Memphis wanted), and Jose was the facilitating piece as an expiring contract. Millsap will only be able to be the latter moving forward. Demar has potential to be both as a team could target him as a young piece for another 2-3 years, and he has good value as a contract to make numbers work or be a nice expiring asset down the line.
    Last edited by white men can't jump; Fri Mar 29th, 2013 at 08:25 PM.

4. Like drunkmunky, ReubenJRD liked this post
    Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

everyone needs to start tweeting who is @demarderozan? #clown
    he called hollinger a clown at the begining of the season but it turns out hollinger was actually being generous with his prediction

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

He is not a clown. If someone told me that I would not achieve my goal for this year, I'd tell them, or I'd think that they were bags of dicks too.

DeRozan has most definitely increased his worth in the NBA and he is definitely worth the 10 million a year. I hope colangelo can get much more for him.

Raptors Republic Superstar Rapstor4Life's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Wasnt DeMars fault we arent in the playoffs the team had another transition year it marks the ending of Bargs/Calderon era into something new, DeMar played his heart out he definintely gets an A- from me for the season. Heres hoping he makes the most out of the summer training with Payton and D Wade(?)

Post Thanks / Like

I think the real question is, who do we blame for the 4-19 run that killed the season?

DeMar was the only consistent player to produce at that time. 2nd to Amir Johnson.

Post Thanks / Like

Imo mainly Bargnani for being a double negative no offense no defense and Calderon not playing well off the bench. Klieza was also pretty bad, Rookies didnt know what they were doing yet, Kyle Lowry didnt trust his teammates yet.

O AND DOM FUCKING MCGUIRE........having to start because quickly Fields turned out to be hurt making him less effective.

Raptors Republic Superstar iblastoff's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote d749 wrote: View Post
    he called hollinger a clown at the begining of the season but it turns out hollinger was actually being generous with his prediction
    possibly the worst post on this board i've read yet.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice to see we have a bunch of fans who buy in to the crap this team is selling. I guess thats why toronto sports teams continue to shit the bed over the years while we continue to pay for diamonds when were being sold glass.

Fact is, every player on this team expected playoffs this year, and obviously by a huge margin or one of our players wouldnt feel the need to disrespect the opinion of one of the best analysts in the game for the world to see.

Anybody who actually believes this team simply wasnt good enough to do it is dead wrong. They were fully capable, and had the guys to get it done. But they simply didn't for a number of excuses that everyone continues to run through.

Some of these would include: Bargnani's regression, injuries, reffing, Lowrys play, the Rudy trade.

And the reason behind all of these? Poor execution. Thats all it comes down to. The freedom this team has had on offence would be unacceptable anywhere else it the league. I mean, on what other teams do we see coaches run plays where the end result is meant to be a college three without your feet set? All year we have played into the style of game the opposing team brings, thats not a winning formula. Good teams dont play YOUR game, they play theirs.

Bargagnis poor play was mainly due to the fact that the ball was taken out of his hands, while he was left to stand at the 3 point line as a "floor spacer". Oh, and remember, this is the guy who has always had a problem with being ingaged in the game. Tell him to go stand in the same spot for 20 seconds while some other guy throws up a bad shot and thats what you will get. Then it goes onto Lowrys poor play, partly because of his attiude, but mainly because he isnt used properly either.

Reffing wasnt a problem, we didn't earn those calls and have done nothing to deserve them with the game on the line. Take away a few of the garbage shots they take every game and it wouldnt come down to refs anyway.

Didn't we once say that this teams main strength was going to be depth? yeah.

We wouldn't even have Rudy if we did't shit the bed.

And Demar, certainly not worth 10 million, who pays a shooting guard that kind of money who can't shoot, dribble the ball, pass or defend. He is not what I would call a winning player. And hes fallen in love with his jumper. THE SAME JUMPER THAT IS ONLY GOOD FROM MIDRANGE. (Don't be fooled by his high usage rate) The guy we have been giving the ball to on offense likes to take some of the worst shots in the game and we expect to win like that. Though I will admit Demar has improved, I'm not sure its a good thing because its just taking him further from asfknlnnldsvfvDSFGVERVEVEEVEV IM BORED WHY AM I WRITTING THIS ABOUT OUR SHITTY TEAM TO A BUNCH OF CLOWNS THIS IS A WASTE OF TIME GOODBYE. YOU'RE STUPID

Post Thanks / Like

17.6 ppg
    yeah, he can shoot.

AL jefferson makes 15 million a year
    scoring 17.4, albeit in a different position.

david west makes 10 million a year
    scoring 17.0

Before this season you couldn't even compare Demar with these other guys.

Raptors Republic Superstar isaacthompson's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

DeMar shouldn't have even reacted to the Hollinger prediction in the first place, because clearly it's none of his business. Should've done something on the court to prove him wrong, instead of tweeting it.

But why in God's name would we, supposed Raptor fans, tweet negative shit to one of our own players??

Hella stupid bud.
    Twitter - @thekid_it

Raptors Republic All-Star Soft Euro's Avatar
    Utrecht, The Netherlands (Yes, that's Europe!)
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice to see we have a bunch of fans who buy in to the crap this team is selling. I guess thats why toronto sports teams continue to shit the bed over the years while we continue to pay for diamonds when were being sold glass.

Fact is, every player on this team expected playoffs this year, and obviously by a huge margin or one of our players wouldnt feel the need to disrespect the opinion of one of the best analysts in the game for the world to see.

Anybody who actually believes this team simply wasnt good enough to do it is dead wrong. They were fully capable, and had the guys to get it done. But they simply didn't for a number of excuses that everyone continues to run through.

Some of these would include: Bargnani's regression, injuries, reffing, Lowrys play, the Rudy trade.

And the reason behind all of these? Poor execution. Thats all it comes down to. The freedom this team has had on offence would be unacceptable anywhere else it the league. I mean, on what other teams do we see coaches run plays where the end result is meant to be a college three without your feet set? All year we have played into the style of game the opposing team brings, thats not a winning formula. Good teams dont play YOUR game, they play theirs.

Bargagnis poor play was mainly due to the fact that the ball was taken out of his hands, while he was left to stand at the 3 point line as a "floor spacer". Oh, and remember, this is the guy who has always had a problem with being ingaged in the game. Tell him to go stand in the same spot for 20 seconds while some other guy throws up a bad shot and thats what you will get. Then it goes onto Lowrys poor play, partly because of his attiude, but mainly because he isnt used properly either.

Reffing wasnt a problem, we didn't earn those calls and have done nothing to deserve them with the game on the line. Take away a few of the garbage shots they take every game and it wouldnt come down to refs anyway.

And Demar, certainly not worth 10 million, who pays a shooting guard that kind of money who can't shoot, dribble the ball, pass or defend. He is not what I would call a winning player. And hes fallen in love with his jumper. THE SAME JUMPER THAT IS ONLY GOOD FROM MIDRANGE. (Don't be fooled by his high usage rate) The guy we have been giving the ball to on offense likes to take some of the worst shots in the game and we expect to win like that. Though I will admit Demar has improved, I'm not sure its a good thing because its just taking him further from asfknlnnldsvfvDSFGVERVEVEEVEV IM BORED WHY AM I WRITTING THIS ABOUT OUR SHITTY TEAM TO A BUNCH OF CLOWNS THIS IS A WASTE OF TIME GOODBYE. YOU'RE STUPID
    Somehow I really enjoyed this post.

Raptors Republic Superstar isaacthompson's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I enjoyed that last line a lot.
    Twitter - @thekid_it

Post Thanks / Like

Not many other guys in the league can do what DeMar can do. Hes averaging allstar numbers, and on any given night can explode, if allstars were based on stats alone and not fan voting he would have been one this year. Can we just end the debate and say hey you know what? DeMar is actually a dam good player.

Raptors Republic All-Star Soft Euro's Avatar
    Utrecht, The Netherlands (Yes, that's Europe!)
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow

18. Like mcHAPPY liked this post
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Soft Euro wrote: View Post
    Wow
    lol

For once I am stumped.
    "Championships are what we live for, now lets go win them."
    Tim Leiweke

Basketball has clear winners every night --
    except at the draft, which is all homework, politics and chance.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

i win. we all lose

Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
    Not many other guys in the league can do what DeMar can do. Hes averaging allstar numbers, and on any given night can explode, if allstars were based on stats alone and not fan voting he would have been one this year. Can we just end the debate and say hey you know what? DeMar is actually a dam good player.
    Lol, till he learns how to play defense and handle the ball he will never be an all star.

22. Like d749 liked this post
    Raptors Republic Superstar Chr1s1anL's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
    Lol, till he learns how to play defense and handle the ball he will never be an all star.
    Plenty of Allstars don't play D.

Page 113 of 254 FirstFirst ... 13 63 103 111 112 113 114 115 123 163 213 ... LastLast

Thread Information