View Poll Results: Grade Derozan's Season.

Voters
67. You may not vote on this poll
  • A

1 1.49%
  • B

18 26.87%
  • C

40 59.70%
  • D

8 11.94%
  • F

0 0%
Page 13 of 227 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 63 113 ... LastLast

Thread: Everything Demar Derozan

Raptors Republic Starter DunkinDerozan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Employee wrote: View Post
    Ummm...no.
    I mean...no.
    http://www.nba.com/playerfile/kobe_b...eer_stats.html

Kobe's first two years in league 7.6 ppg fg%41.7 15.4 ppg fg% 42.8 hmmm with those numbers i doubt anyone would have compared him to MJ....

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote DunkinDerozan wrote: View Post
    http://www.nba.com/playerfile/kobe_b...eer_stats.html

Kobe's first two years in league 7.6 ppg fg%41.7 15.4 ppg fg% 42.8 hmmm with those numbers i doubt anyone would have compared him to MJ....
    pretty sure they were comparing him to MJ back then.

doubt derozan is the next kobe but if he follows the work ethic then could come close.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

DeRozan is a great young talent. But he doesn't have the attitude (or "chip on shoulder") that Bryant had coming in. Nor does he have the same drive. The determination and work ethic of the Kobes, MJs, etc of this world to win at all costs only appears every generation or so.

Raptors Republic All-Star Red and White's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I love the enthusiasm for a player, but be realistic. I remember I thought Calderon was nash when i was a bit younger. Dont put your whole love for the game in one guy. Believe me.

DD, relax a little bit. You picked a good player to like, sit back, watch his career. In 10 years you will love to have the ability to say "I liked him from the start" but as of now, dont say things like that on forums. Youll get a shit load of hate and its just because you really like a player. Dont give people the chance to put ya down.

If you are right, and we are all being ignorant asses, then you are gonna have a chip on your shoulder when everyone on here is saying "Demar is our saviour, the next Kobe".

But until then, try to be more restrained with claims about players.

RAW
    Last edited by Red and White; Sat Nov 20th, 2010 at 05:37 PM.

Raptors Republic Starter rdiaz101's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Marz wrote: View Post
    DeRozan is a great young talent. But he doesn't have the attitude (or "chip on shoulder") that Bryant had coming in. Nor does he have the same drive. The determination and work ethic of the Kobes, MJs, etc of this world to win at all costs only appears every generation or so.
    How do u know are u with him in the offseason ? and during the season ? some people on here have diarrea of the mouth just writing down their personal opinion and trying to state it as facts or something. If you want to compare them Here's some stats of their first 2 years;

Kobe's first 2 years
    96-97 LAL 71 6 15.5 2.5-5.9 .417 0.7-1.9 .375 1.9-2.3 .819 7.6
    97-98 LAL 79 1 26.0 4.9-11.6 .428 0.9-2.8 .341 4.6-5.8 .794 15.4

DD's
    09-10 TOR 77 65 21.6 3.3-6.6 .498 0.1-0.2 .250 1.9-2.5 8.6
    10-11 TOR 13 13 32.2 4.6-10.1 .458 0.1-0.7 .111 3.8-5.2 .721 13.1

DD doesnt have the natural shooting ability that Kobe has but he started and has averaged more minutes in his second year than Kobe as a third scoring option. Now DD is NOT going to be the next Kobe he is going to be the next DD and that just might be a very good player for the Raps . But for some people to question his drive and work ethic since we all have seen some good improvements in his game this year is just stupid.
    "Hello, Hello !.....You Play to Win the GAME!!"

Herm Edwards

Raptors Republic All-Star Hotshot's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Kobe was also two years younger then DD when entered the league so take that into account.

Raptors Republic Veteran Buddahfan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Doc Naismith wrote: View Post
    Yikes .... love your enthusiasm DunkinDerozan but I see this thread getting ugly very quickly.
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote rdiaz101 wrote: View Post
    How do u know are u with him in the offseason ? and during the season ? some people on here have diarrea of the mouth just writing down their personal opinion and trying to state it as facts or something. If you want to compare them Here's some stats of their first 2 years;

Kobe's first 2 years
    96-97 LAL 71 6 15.5 2.5-5.9 .417 0.7-1.9 .375 1.9-2.3 .819 7.6
    97-98 LAL 79 1 26.0 4.9-11.6 .428 0.9-2.8 .341 4.6-5.8 .794 15.4

DD's
    09-10 TOR 77 65 21.6 3.3-6.6 .498 0.1-0.2 .250 1.9-2.5 8.6
    10-11 TOR 13 13 32.2 4.6-10.1 .458 0.1-0.7 .111 3.8-5.2 .721 13.1

DD doesnt have the natural shooting ability that Kobe has but he started and has averaged more minutes in his second year than Kobe as a third scoring option. Now DD is NOT going to be the next Kobe he is going to be the next DD and that just might be a very good player for the Raps . But for some people to question his drive and work ethic since we all have seen some good improvements in his game this year is just stupid.
    So spewing statistical diarrhea isn't a form of opinion? There are several cases where DeRozan can look similar to several other players. You've chosen Kobe, I could just as easily choose Tracy Mcgrady, JR Smith, etc.

And to be fair, I didn't *question* his drive and work ethic, I simply BELIEVE that it is not equal to what Kobe has or MJ had. I also mentioned attitude as the major reason, but I suppose you just glossed over that.

Raptors Republic All-Star RaptorsFan4Life's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Demar has literally no range.

Raptors Republic Starter rdiaz101's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Marz wrote: View Post
    So spewing statistical diarrhea isn't a form of opinion? There are several cases where DeRozan can look similar to several other players. You've chosen Kobe, I could just as easily choose Tracy Mcgrady, JR Smith, etc.

And to be fair, I didn't *question* his drive and work ethic, I simply BELIEVE that it is not equal to what Kobe has or MJ had. I also mentioned attitude as the major reason, but I suppose you just glossed over that.
    How would you know about his attitude ? thats all im asking, its not fair for him to be compared to MJ and Kobe those are two of the best players of all time . Im not glossed over anything, but i can appreciate when a player plays hard, is improving a lot and wants to be here.

As for the comparing their stats isn't this thread called "Derozan the next Kobe" ? and Kobe and MJ have that attitude because they won championships,you want DD to walk around like he is greatest player on the planet ?all he can do is be confident in his game ,people need to let the kid progress and develop and wait a year or two before they start judging him.
    Last edited by rdiaz101; Sat Nov 20th, 2010 at 09:59 PM.
    "Hello, Hello !.....You Play to Win the GAME!!"

Herm Edwards

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm more surprised by the people who knows he's not Kobe but thinks he's close...

Post Thanks / Like

What the fuck is wrong with you people?! like what the fuck, I dont even feel like abbreviating that, thats how retarded this thread is....

Raptors Republic Rookie Raptors's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

^ LOLd

lets be realistic, he won't be Kobe.
    But he will be Derozan period. He will be able to drop 20s more like a 20, 5 reb, 3 A sorta guy

Post Thanks / Like

Come on man, should we count the reasons? DeRozan wouldn't see the court on most teams, btw.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote rdiaz101 wrote: View Post
    How would you know about his attitude ? thats all im asking, its not fair for him to be compared to MJ and Kobe those are two of the best players of all time . Im not glossed over anything, but i can appreciate when a player plays hard, is improving a lot and wants to be here.

As for the comparing their stats isn't this thread called "Derozan the next Kobe" ? and Kobe and MJ have that attitude because they won championships,you want DD to walk around like he is greatest player on the planet ?all he can do is be confident in his game ,people need to let the kid progress and develop and wait a year or two before they start judging him.
    In the documentaries that I have seen, Kobe had an attitude BEFORE he won the championships. In a more recent article/interview, I remember him saying that people thought he was obnoxious when he first entered the league because of the way he carried himself. Now when he says the same things he said early in his career, people respect him.

I'm sure DeRozan will turn into a great player. However simply putting in hard work and playing hard will not turn him into the next Kobe. And in my opinion, it's because I don't see the same kind of attitude in him that Kobe has.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Demar's Slump

Over the last few games, Demar has seemed to hit another wall in development.

Over the last few game he has not been productive and has shied away from drive and getting to the line. His jumper also seems to be misfiring as well.

I was wondering what people thought about the slump and why they think he entered it, because he was playing with so much confidence two weeks ago in Florida and then it all disappeared in a matter of games.

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote cbowlby wrote: View Post
    Over the last few games, Demar has seemed to hit another wall in development.

Over the last few game he has not been productive and has shied away from drive and getting to the line. His jumper also seems to be misfiring as well.

I was wondering what people thought about the slump and why they think he entered it, because he was playing with so much confidence two weeks ago in Florida and then it all disappeared in a matter of games.
    Because he is 21 and still relatively raw. I started a similar thread a few weeks back and was wondering many of the things you are as well. The jist of my thread is he may not be a borderline all-star or all-star. That is still more than a possibility but given his stretches play at times this year, I would not be in a rush to move him or even entertain the thought unless an amazing deal came along.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Honestly he needs to stop running to the corners on plays,even if the coach is telling him to do that....IMO he needs to be a lil more greedy with the ball and if they not running plays for him,he needs to improvise and start taking the ball and doing him..only way it will change consistently for him in the offense...He's too talented to be sitting in the corner on sets....

Raptors Republic Starter TheR3dMenace's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

wait a min.

Wasn't it just last week after the ORL and MIA games that we were handing the keys to the city to this kid. Jesus, raps fans, some level-headedness would go a long way.

Raptors Republic All-Star hateslosing's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

He needs to get consistent and we're going to be having one of these forums pop up every two weeks if people don't realize that DD is trying to put it all together and it won't happen overnight. Bargs was given 5 years because he's a big, DD will likely take three so save the judgments until then.
    "When Life gives you lemons, you clone those Lemons to make super lemons!"
    -Scudworth

Thread Information