View Poll Results: Grade Derozan's Season.

Voters
67. You may not vote on this poll
  • A

1 1.49%
  • B

18 26.87%
  • C

40 59.70%
  • D

8 11.94%
  • F

0 0%
Page 23 of 267 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 33 73 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Everything Demar Derozan

Raptors Republic Rookie huskies2raps's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

wow - great read and great for nba.com for finally paying attention to a raptor! demar is going to be a superstar in this league in a few years, and hopefully he'll still be in a raptor uniform when he does. the terms "class act" come to mind when i read this article and the fact that he's still only a child in his early 20s makes it all the better; so much upside

ladies and gentlemen, i present to you, the future of toronto raptors basketball.......DEMAR DEROZAN!
    Your ex came by; you can call me Jonas Valanciunas, cause I'm the king of rebounds!

Raptors Republic Starter Ambidextrious's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Ya i noticed that too! goes to show that they can't even look into the stats. Thats sad.

Raptors Republic Starter Ambidextrious's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice! It's funny how a lot of "fans" never even gave this guy a chance to be successful when we drafted him. People doubted his abilities and if he would ever become an all star. The truth is i believed in him before this team even drafted him. Being a fan of NCAA hoops. I watched a few of his games at USC. All i could think was that he would be a excellent fit for our team.

Raptors Republic Starter Buschfire's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default DeRozan featured in USA today

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/baske...-players_N.htm

nice article about DeRozan's progression in his sophmore year.

Post Thanks / Like

Good read. I think people around here are sometimes too hard one him and lose sight of the fact that he's so young.

Raptors Republic Starter blaze89's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Apollo wrote: View Post
    Good read. I think people around here are sometimes too hard one him and lose sight of the fact that he's so young.
    exactly, people seem to be very critical of him even though the kids younger then me and finally getting to play in the spotlight for the first time. last year i cant even remember a play being run for the kid and even though he started every game, he was basically just out there floating around as a last option which doesnt necesarily help in his development or understanding of execution.
    now this year hes finally getting his chance and doing quite well in my opinion even though he might be a little streaky, i dont hear nybody giving players like thabeet or harden praise even though they were selected way ahead of him.

Raptors Republic Rookie JalenRose5's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Vince Carter played three years at UNC before entering the NBA. in his rookie season he averaged 18pts.

Demar is still a year behind Carter in development, and is averaging 15.5 pts per game which is almost double his rookie season!

The only high school players that dominated from the get go was Lebron and amare, but thats because they're not human!

McGrady, Kobe took a couple years before bloom. Derozan will be next! Wooooooh!

Raptors Republic Veteran Bendit's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

And the Raps/DD get free mentoring from Kobe. How good can that be...to scrimmage in the off season and get advice on the game/nba from the man?

Post Thanks / Like

Pretty good unless he's starting to think he wants to be a Laker.

Raptors Republic Starter GameBreaker's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default DeMar @ The 2011 Dunk Comp.: DeMar Vents Frustrations (See post #114)

Yessirrr!! Darryl Dr. "Dunkenstein" Dawkins is here to start the juices flowing for DeMar. He's here to work on ideas and such. The man is cool and funny. Great personality and it's gonna be CRAZY to see one of the legends of highlight reels return to the game, in this way. Maybe he'll bring the inner beast out in DeMar. Check out his interview video, this morning:

Video Link:
    http://www.nba.com/raptors/video/dar...ins-feb-3-2011
    Last edited by GameBreaker; Fri Feb 4th, 2011 at 10:19 AM.
    The NBA Larry O'Brien Trophy's 'Big Decision': "This is hard..(smiling)...but..I've decided to take my talents to North Texas, to join The Dallas Mavericks.

"My Gladiator verses VS. what ya verse says"--Adversaree
    Check out my song "Beat Fighter 2010" (prod. by Pete Cannon)
    www.myspace.com/adversareeteamfresh
    http://www.youtube.com/user/adversaree
    http://twitter.com/#!/GiftOfSpeech (Twitter)

Raptors Republic Starter GameBreaker's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

They got that Sprite Slam Dunk Champion, JusFly here to help and ALL he does is dunk...lol. Gonna be MONKEY!!!!!!!!! He's a canadian from Ajax, in case some don't know. Here's when he was on Global News:

Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UMX4ZPVeUKE
    Last edited by GameBreaker; Fri Feb 4th, 2011 at 09:22 AM.
    The NBA Larry O'Brien Trophy's 'Big Decision': "This is hard..(smiling)...but..I've decided to take my talents to North Texas, to join The Dallas Mavericks.

"My Gladiator verses VS. what ya verse says"--Adversaree
    Check out my song "Beat Fighter 2010" (prod. by Pete Cannon)
    www.myspace.com/adversareeteamfresh
    http://www.youtube.com/user/adversaree
    http://twitter.com/#!/GiftOfSpeech (Twitter)

Raptors Republic Rookie sultkam's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow! this is the first time where i have heard Vince carter not mentioned as one of the greatest dunkers of all time.
    Last edited by sultkam; Fri Feb 4th, 2011 at 11:43 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't think DeRozan is comfortable doing this dunk:

Raptors Republic Rookie huskies2raps's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Go DEMAR Go! Redemption from last year, where he clearly should have rocked Nate - does anybody know if Canadian votes count this year or not?
    Your ex came by; you can call me Jonas Valanciunas, cause I'm the king of rebounds!

Raptors Republic Starter pesterm1's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

thats sick! stop breaking them or we will fine you 5000 lol, to good. i wish somdone would break a backboard in a present game.... dwight howard or blake griffin.... that means u

Raptors Republic Starter pesterm1's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote huskies2raps wrote: View Post
    Go DEMAR Go! Redemption from last year, where he clearly should have rocked Nate - does anybody know if Canadian votes count this year or not?
    They better! thats like voting bush for president but the southern states cant vote. lol
    Similar result to , when the guy they wanted to win doesnt they just rig the votes... typical americans.

Raptors Republic All-Star RaptorsFan4Life's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote GameBreaker wrote: View Post
    Yessirrr!! Darryl Dr. "Dunkenstein" Dawkins is here to start the juices flowing for DeMar. He's here to work on ideas and such. The man is cool and funny. Great personality and it's gonna be CRAZY to see one of the legends of highlight reels return to the game, in this way. Maybe he'll bring the inner beast out in DeMar. Check out his interview video, this morning:

Video Link:
    http://www.nba.com/raptors/video/dar...ins-feb-3-2011

Quote GameBreaker wrote: View Post
    They got that Sprite Slam Dunk Champion, JusFly here to help and ALL he does is dunk...lol. Gonna be MONKEY!!!!!!!!! He's a canadian from Ajax, in case some don't know. Here's when he was on Global News:

Video:
    fixed...

-------------------

I can't wait till the dunk contest.

Raptors Republic Veteran Bendit's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote pesterm1 wrote: View Post
    They better! thats like voting bush for president but the southern states cant vote. lol
    Similar result to , when the guy they wanted to win doesnt they just rig the votes... typical americans.
    Whatdya mean "typical americans"...they have been rigging votes in Egypt for 50 years.

Post Thanks / Like

Dawkins suggested DeRozan might have the "little guy" advantage this dunk competition because everybody else is at or close to 7 foot. LOL

Quote RaptorsFan4Life wrote: View Post

fixed...

-------------------

I can't wait till the dunk contest.
    See this is what I was talking about in an earlier thread. Those are competition dunks. Being a good game dunker won't win you a dunk comp. This is why I feel Blake Griffin is overrated and this is why I feel the competition is wide open for a guy like DeRozan who is bringing in experience and creativity to help him come up with his dunks.
    Last edited by Apollo; Fri Feb 4th, 2011 at 02:01 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

I have a feeling we're going to see some pretty ridiculous, gimmicky dunks this year. And alot of 'playing to the croud'.
    It might be really good, or a horribly bad Circus.

Page 23 of 267 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 33 73 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information