Page 1 of 273 1 2 3 11 51 101 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 5455

Thread: The 2016 Offseason thread

  1. #1
    Raptors Republic Superstar Hotshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    4,466
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default The 2016 Offseason thread

    Congrads for the Raptors for getting to the conference finals and winning 2 games!! now we have to build on it and make this team better moving forward.

    So who stays and who goes?! who do we bring? who do we draft?! so many interesting things will be going on moving forward till the 2016-2017 season.

    Go Raptors go!!

  2. #2
    Raptors Republic Veteran Barolt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    7,451
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I'm on the 'get younger, aim long-term train'... except I really, really don't want to say goodbye to Kyle Lowry.
    twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

  3. Like OldSkoolCool, Just Is, GuiJaeger, consmap liked this post
  4. #3
    Raptors Republic Starter Maury's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    914
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Find a taker for Carroll, maybe move up in the draft using Carroll and draft Luwawu. Get younger to be able to compete with our younger core.

  5. #4
    Raptors Republic Veteran
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    6,487
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I want no part of bismack at 17M/season like people are saying. At 10-12, maybe, but only if he can play the 4 with JV effectively for 8-10 a game.

    I don't want demar back on a max contract.

    I don't want dwane casey back but that's not happening.


    Would be nice to get guys who can shoot the basketball to surround JV.

  6. #5
    Raptors Republic Superstar Hotshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    4,466
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Stretch 4 who can nail the 3 on a consistent basis like Frye was lacking, PP needed to nail those open shots and he couldn't. This is why I am now more open to take a chance on Skal with the 9th pick just because of this. Can you imagine Bruno and Skal shooting the 3's stretching the floor for years to come?! it sounds good on paper.

  7. #6
    Raptors Republic All-Star Bonus Jonas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,150
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I honestly don't expect huge changes.

    Probably lose Scola, Thompson, Biz, maybe Ross and JJ (who I'd love to keep as a deep bench option, all the young guys love him and he's high character in the way he goes the extra mile to help them out)

    Probably a vet to play some backup C, draft a guy that won't get a ton of minutes next year, and maybe he can flip Ross and some picks to get us a PF or make a run at someone in free agency.

    Casey will be back and so will DeMar.

  8. Like TheGreekGeek, Beagle liked this post
  9. #7
    Raptors Republic Veteran
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    6,487
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Bonus Jonas wrote: View Post
    I honestly don't expect huge changes.

    Probably lose Scola, Thompson, Biz, maybe Ross and JJ (who I'd love to keep as a deep bench option, all the young guys love him and he's high character in the way he goes the extra mile to help them out)

    Probably a vet to play some backup C, draft a guy that won't get a ton of minutes next year, and maybe he can flip Ross and some picks to get us a PF or make a run at someone in free agency.

    Casey will be back and so will DeMar.
    yeah.

    realistically we're in for another year of the same style of ISO jumpshits. We just saw it take us as far as it possibly can. The smart play would be to shake it up, but i doubt it.

  10. #8
    Raptors Republic Veteran TRex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Jurassic Park
    Posts
    7,228
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Hotshot wrote: View Post
    Stretch 4 who can nail the 3 on a consistent basis like Frye was lacking, PP needed to nail those open shots and he couldn't. This is why I am now more open to take a chance on Skal with the 9th pick just because of this. Can you imagine Bruno and Skal shooting the 3's stretching the floor for years to come?! it sounds good on paper.
    Skal isn't really a 3pt shooter though. He's more of a mid range guy.

  11. #9
    Raptors Republic Superstar Hotshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    4,466
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote TRex wrote: View Post
    Skal isn't really a 3pt shooter though. He's more of a mid range guy.
    Recently during workouts, he has shown he's got the range and has a nice shot.


  12. #10
    Raptors Republic All-Star
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    2,369
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Cory Joseph - back again in similar role (improves on 3pt)
    Kyle Lowry - Back (Great season but just a little worse than this year)
    Delon Wright - possible trade bait at draft?
    Demar Derozan - Signs here for 5 years
    Norman Powell - stays and plays a bigger role next season
    T. Ross - Gone.
    Caboclo - another year away from being a year away
    James Johnson - gone
    Pat Patterson - Stays
    Scola - gone
    J Thompson - gone
    Bismack Biyombo - too costly to keep
    Bebe Nogeira - stays
    JV - stays, (gets better at jump shooting, learns the 3, averages a double double for the first time)
    Carroll - stays


    Lowry - DeRozan - Carroll - ? - JV
    Cojo - Powell - ? - Patterson - ?
    Wright - ? - Bruno - Bebe - ?

  13. #11
    Raptors Republic All-Star Bonus Jonas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,150
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote KHD wrote: View Post
    yeah.

    realistically we're in for another year of the same style of ISO jumpshits. We just saw it take us as far as it possibly can. The smart play would be to shake it up, but i doubt it.
    Meh. I think after these playoffs they genuinely give JV much more touches.

    Let's not forget that for a while at the beginning of this season, JV was our leader in FGA per game. Then he got hurt and we turned to DD and Lowry.

    As much as I'm not a fan of Demar, not resigning him might not be an amazing idea. Lowry would be good as gone next offseason I would assume. And our "culture" would be depleted as a team that doesn't resign its stars.

  14. #12
    Raptors Republic Veteran MixxAOR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    6,250
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default



  15. #13
    Raptors Republic Veteran MixxAOR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    6,250
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default




    we already had Championship T-shirts ready

  16. Like Just Is liked this post
  17. #14
    Raptors Republic Superstar Hotshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    4,466
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I think Delon stays, I believe next season will be Kyle's last season in a Raptors' uniform so hopefully Delon can step up and show us he can step up coming 2017-2018 season.

    Biz might be able to get it done, I don't see him as the type looking for the most money, but good money and he really likes to play here.

  18. #15
    Raptors Republic Veteran TRex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Jurassic Park
    Posts
    7,228
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Hotshot wrote: View Post
    Recently during workouts, he has shown he's got the range and has a nice shot.

    I think the best case scenario for him is Ibaka of 2-3 years ago. Shot blocker with a solid mid range game. I think that's his ceiling.

    Worst case scenario. A complete scrub.

    High risk high reward type of player.

  19. #16
    Raptors Republic All-Star
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    2,369
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote MixxAOR wrote: View Post

    why ?

  20. #17
    Raptors Republic All-Star Bonus Jonas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,150
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote TRex wrote: View Post
    I think the best case scenario for him is Ibaka of 2-3 years ago. Shot blocker with a solid mid range game. I think that's his ceiling.

    Worst case scenario. A complete scrub.

    High risk high reward type of player.
    You can't see a guy draining 3's and say his ceiling is a midrange guy...

  21. Like Day One liked this post
  22. #18
    Raptors Republic All-Star Bonus Jonas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,150
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Abbas wrote: View Post
    why ?
    They want to remember their rookie years and a memorable season. Last time all these guys will be teammates.

    It's cool to hear that kind of stuff.

  23. Like Day One liked this post
  24. #19
    Raptors Republic Veteran MixxAOR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    6,250
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Abbas wrote: View Post
    why ?
    memories

  25. Like Day One liked this post
  26. #20
    Raptors Republic Veteran consmap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    5,574
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    It'll be an interesting off season. I don't really know what's going to happen with DD. We really can't pay him too much, he isn't worth the max. But the team can't let him walk either.

    Need help at PF and a new backup C if Biz doesn't come back (which is more likely than not). Having 2 Pat as our starting/main PF won't cut it
    "Oh my god man" - Jonas Valanciunas

Page 1 of 273 1 2 3 11 51 101 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 19 users browsing this thread. (1 members and 18 guests)

  1. Sinbad

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •