View Poll Results: Grade Derozan's Season.

Voters
67. You may not vote on this poll
  • A

1 1.49%
  • B

18 26.87%
  • C

40 59.70%
  • D

8 11.94%
  • F

0 0%
Page 67 of 253 FirstFirst ... 17 57 65 66 67 68 69 77 117 167 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,340 of 5048

Thread: Everything Demar Derozan

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    I don't think it is a given.

Colangelo expressed frustration with DeMar about the things required to be a solid pro outside of being a gym rat. Strength training was the biggest culprit from what I recall of the interview.
    Yeah, I hope Demar jumps on that. Like what everyone has said, the team is made during the season, but players are made in the off-season.

Raptors Republic Superstar Puffer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
    ... he killed the Drew League...
    And how did that work for him? He's gotta decide if he wants to be an entertainer, or a professional athlete. the first, he can probably get a job with the Harlem Globetrotters and put on benefit games and keep on appearing in the Drew League. If the latter, he needs to have a serious off-season schedule and work on weak aspects of his game. Even guys getting the league minimum can afford top notch personal trainers and off-season coaches to help them improve their games.

I hope he has learned his lesson. Five months of BS barnstorming has helped him pick up a posse and develop a three point shot when no one is on him, but not much else. Oh yeah, I forgot a distorted perspective of how much respect the refs should show him when he grimaces and whines about contact.

Hope this season helps him grow up.

Raptors Republic Superstar Puffer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

im surprised he didn't talk about his ball-handling...
    Demar turns it over a lot 'cause he can't take the bumping as he drives to the basket. At least, that is my perception. He loses the ball after contact a lot more than screwing up his dribble.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Demar's problem is weight, no doubt. I'm glad Casey sees the same and it was pointed out to DeMar. Why do you think he is afraid of contact? Because any contact turns into him bouncing back. Bad dribbling is myth.
    But.., i don't think he can add much more weight, than he has now. His bones are just too thin in general. He will always be agility based player and never be power based, IMO. Don't even try to compare diameter of his wrist to Wade's..
    So, i don't think he can be our starting SG in tough playoff games. He did show he can score in easy games, but he can't in close ones and it is a fact.

Raptors Republic Superstar Chr1s1anL's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default MKG says his going to return to UK

Kentucky freshman Michael Kidd-Gilchrist, fresh off a victory over Vanderbilt, was asked about his future with the Wildcats.

“I’m graduating here. I’m not going nowhere,” Kidd-Gilchrist told reporters when asked whether he is returning to Kentucky next season. “I’m dead serious. I don’t know why y’all laughing.”

Kidd-Gilchrist is just one of an increasingly impressive line of Kentucky freshmen that includes national player of the year contender, Anthony Davis.

While he may be sincere today, Kidd-Gilchrist will have more time to consider his options when the season is over and he’ll have an opportunity to enter his name for draft consideration.

At the moment, he averages 12.2 points, 7.8 rebounds, 2.2 assists and 1.1 blocks for the Wildcats. He is considered a top-10 and has been listed as high as No. 4 in some mock drafts.

http://aol.sportingnews.com/ncaa-bas...er-this-season

Raptors Republic Superstar Chr1s1anL's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Lol wrong one

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Puffer wrote: View Post
    And how did that work for him? He's gotta decide if he wants to be an entertainer, or a professional athlete. the first, he can probably get a job with the Harlem Globetrotters and put on benefit games and keep on appearing in the Drew League. If the latter, he needs to have a serious off-season schedule and work on weak aspects of his game. Even guys getting the league minimum can afford top notch personal trainers and off-season coaches to help them improve their games.

I hope he has learned his lesson. Five months of BS barnstorming has helped him pick up a posse and develop a three point shot when no one is on him, but not much else. Oh yeah, I forgot a distorted perspective of how much respect the refs should show him when he grimaces and whines about contact.

Hope this season helps him grow up.
    Okay but Demar wasn't the only one who played in these off-season leagues, so did Kevin Durant and Lebron James. How did that work for them?

This year is hard, compressed schedule, new changes, he's young going through changes after such a successful individual, season and I'm not trying to be a lover, but not just Demar has really dropped his composure. Guys like Brandon Jennings, John Wall, these guys were top notch players and look at them now......

I do hope he grows from this season, but he's getting back on track, he has a tendency to really do well in the mid-season, and finish strong.

Raptors Republic All-Star Soft Euro's Avatar
    Utrecht, The Netherlands (Yes, that's Europe!)
    Post Thanks / Like

Okay but Demar wasn't the only one who played in these off-season leagues, so did Kevin Durant and Lebron James. How did that work for them?
    Well, James apparently also worked on his post game (with Hakeem Olajuwon) and that's also very visible on the court. And besides, those guys are already on another level, they don't really need work on fundamentals anymore.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Soft Euro wrote: View Post
    Well, James apparently also worked on his post game (with Hakeem Olajuwon) and that's also very visible on the court. And besides, those guys are already on another level, they don't really need work on fundamentals anymore.
    Doesn't mean they can't put time in to perfect and strengthen even more there fundamentals. Tim Duncan is a big example of it, and look at him.

Raptors Republic All-Star Soft Euro's Avatar
    Utrecht, The Netherlands (Yes, that's Europe!)
    Post Thanks / Like

Doesn't mean they can't put time in to perfect and strengthen even more there fundamentals. Tim Duncan is a big example of it, and look at him.
    You probably see the difference in skill level between James/Durant and DeRozan and the much more urgent need to develop his skills for the last one, because that's what I meant.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Soft Euro wrote: View Post
    You probably see the difference in skill level between James/Durant and DeRozan and the much more urgent need to develop his skills for the last one, because that's what I meant.
    Yeah true. I don't know, I just hope Demar will get done the things he needs to get done for him to be a good player.

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

What about the HOTH?

Well, I heard this weekend that Andrea’s doing a little bit of running and on-court work, would suggest to me that it will be Friday at the very earliest that he returns and next Sunday might be more realistic.

http://thestar.blogs.com/raptors/201...best-shot.html

As I posted somewhere in here recently, don't expect him the first two road games back from All-Star weekend.

Raptors Republic Superstar TheGloveinRapsUniform's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Puffer wrote: View Post
    Demar turns it over a lot 'cause he can't take the bumping as he drives to the basket. At least, that is my perception. He loses the ball after contact a lot more than screwing up his dribble.
    Exactly what i was going to say. And sometimes, it seems he's waiting for the contact rather than making the shot a priority. You know how Lebron or wade just attacks the rim and when they get contact adjust their shot depending on the contact, well IMO, Demar is the opposite. He adjusts his shot anticipating the contact thats why it seems he doesnt have that many and1s. And when he does get the contact, he he tries to throw the ball in the air to show the refs he got bumped. Its painful to watch sometimes.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Demar's Angry Tweet

I was checking the forum and I couldn't find it mentioned anywhere. Tim and Sid today mentioned that after Demar was benched for the whole 4th quarter last night he tweeted "straight up bull s*#t". It was removed pretty quickly. Anybody else hear about this?? Anyone know why the guy who just scored 10 in the 3rd quarter was benched in a close game??

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote RaptorFan (proud?..) wrote: View Post
    I was checking the forum and I couldn't find it mentioned anywhere. Tim and Sid today mentioned that after Demar was benched for the whole 4th quarter last night he tweeted "straight up bull s*#t". It was removed pretty quickly. Anybody else hear about this?? Anyone know why the guy who just scored 10 in the 3rd quarter was benched in a close game??
    Doug Smith talked about it today in his blog and it was touched on in the game thread from last night.

http://raptorsrepublic.com/forums/sh...l=1#post116053

I'll probably move some of those comments over here in the next day or two.

Post Thanks / Like

Demar, just work harder man. Play as well as you've been doing on both ends of the floor, and you'll get the close out once again.

Raptors Republic Superstar TheGloveinRapsUniform's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    Doug Smith talked about it today in his blog and it was touched on in the game thread from last night.

http://raptorsrepublic.com/forums/sh...l=1#post116053

I'll probably move some of those comments over here in the next day or two.
    Finally he says something. He's been benched a couple of times already in the 4th and he doesnt seem to mind it until now. I think the reaction was good, at least now Casey knows that he does give a shit.

Raptors Republic Starter charlz's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Tweetgatge: Wondering aloud about DeRozens future in Rap Land.

Disclaimer: This is not a pro-DeRozen OR an Anti-DeRozen post.

If the Raptors do any two of the following 3 things I am (FOR THE FIRST TIME) really wondering if DeDe is part of their plans.
    1) Extend Barbosa
    2) Land Wilson Chandler
    3) Draft - Lamb? Barnes?

....on the other hand if they do 1 and 2 it would not surprise me if the jumped on
    Kendall Marshall who is working his way up the boards after improved play starting to remind some of Jkidd (just became the all time assist leader for NCTH)

.. anyhow back to DeDe. After getting benched in Houston for what I can only assume is defensive effort. He tweets.
    Straight Bulls—
    There is so much wrong with this
    - saying he is more deserving than Klieza
    - saying the coaching staff is wrong and he was right
    - going public with anger opens up speculation about DCasey and his leadership

I like the kid - he is a wonderful athlete. He may be consistently great one day or he may be near the top of his game already. I honestly can't tell with him.

But if they have 5-6 wing players (not counting Forbes or Butler obviously)
    JJohnson
    Barbosa
    Klieza
    Lamb/Barnes
    DeRozen
    Chandler
    I doubt they would keep all of them who goes??
    "I may be wrong ... but I doubt it"

Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

how does extending barbosa have anything to do with DeMar leaving thats just stupid to even think that. How does drafting barnes have anything to do with demar being shipped? that would be even better to keep him. How does landing wilson chandler make demar get shipped? it doesn't he starts beside demar at the 3. All in all this thread is a waste of time

Post Thanks / Like

I love charlz' threads

Page 67 of 253 FirstFirst ... 17 57 65 66 67 68 69 77 117 167 ... LastLast

Thread Information