View Poll Results: Grade Derozan's Season.

Voters
67. You may not vote on this poll
  • A

1 1.49%
  • B

18 26.87%
  • C

40 59.70%
  • D

8 11.94%
  • F

0 0%
Page 14 of 226 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 64 114 ... LastLast

Thread: Everything Demar Derozan

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote TheR3dMenace wrote: View Post
    wait a min.

Wasn't it just last week after the ORL and MIA games that we were handing the keys to the city to this kid. Jesus, raps fans, some level-headedness would go a long way.
    Did you notice a difference in those games and the last 2 games ?

Clearly they were running offense for him,letting him have the ball and work...
    I didnt see that yesterday.....I understand this aspect of team ball and share the rock..but at some point triano/bc have to make concerted efforts to put the ball in his hands..he's the guy with the ceiling here not kleiza not barbosa...its nice to play a 5 man game but he's the guy you want to be a future piece you have to give him a chance to develop.....

Raptors Republic Veteran Buddahfan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

When I first saw the thread title I thought it was on the wrong forum and said

"Dumar's Slump"
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Raptors Republic Starter TheR3dMenace's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Trife76 wrote: View Post
    Did you notice a difference in those games and the last 2 games ?

Clearly they were running offense for him,letting him have the ball and work...
    I didnt see that yesterday.....I understand this aspect of team ball and share the rock..but at some point triano/bc have to make concerted efforts to put the ball in his hands..he's the guy with the ceiling here not kleiza not barbosa...its nice to play a 5 man game but he's the guy you want to be a future piece you have to give him a chance to develop.....
    Put the ball in his hands? So he can do what? Take guys off the dribble with that impressive handle? Drain than consistent jimmy?

Listen man, I like DeRozan a lot, but you have to have some realistic expectations for the kid at this point in his career. A warning cry after a run of three so-so games by a 20 yr old second year player is exactly the things I can't stand about raptors fans who live and die (mostly die) with every game. DeRozan isn't the player from the last three games, nor is he the baller we saw last week in Florida (yet).

I think the coaching staff is handling him great so far, so lets see how it plays out over the course of the season

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote TheR3dMenace wrote: View Post
    Put the ball in his hands? So he can do what? Take guys off the dribble with that impressive handle? Drain than consistent jimmy?

Listen man, I like DeRozan a lot, but you have to have some realistic expectations for the kid at this point in his career. A warning cry after a run of three so-so games by a 20 yr old second year player is exactly the things I can't stand about raptors fans who live and die (mostly die) with every game. DeRozan isn't the player from the last three games, nor is he the baller we saw last week in Florida.
    So you did not watch the orlando game then,just say so next time....

Raptors Republic Rookie bigmanshaq's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Just a thought,
    With the Jarret Jack trade that just went down, would anyone consider adding Derozan to that package and NO gives us Marcus Thornton (Who's out of the rotation for coach williams).
    Here's what it would look like:
    NO receives: Jarret Jack, Derozan, Marcus banks, Andersen
    TO receives: Peja, Thornton and Bayless

Would anyone do this deal?

Raptors Republic All-Star Red and White's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

People people,

Demar has good games, and bad games. He will have those 25 point nights, and he will have those 2 point nights. Consistency is the most valuable thing for a young player, let him work on it.

He will have many more great games, and many more bad games. Keep your cool, and dont conclude that he is terrible, or his is jesus with a basketball.

Thanks

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't see a slump. His game against Houston was an extremely good sign: he didn't get frustrated that nothing was going for him early, and instead he kept driving and eventually started getting some well-deserved rolls and some calls. If if you look at the just last four (the supposed slump I guess), he's slightly ahead of last year's points pace, and his rebounds and assists are up significantly. And in the Philly and Boston games, he's working better as a facilitator, getting good assists rather than turning the ball over (turnovers down from almost 2 through first 8 games to .5 over the last 4 games) or just passing back to the point when he can't get his shot. I see a guy who's gradually learning what it takes to help his team win. Still needs a lot of work on his long jumper and his defense, but again those aren't slumps, those are areas he hasn't been able to effectively develop yet.

Raptors Republic Superstar
    Post Thanks / Like

I think the title of the thread should be "Should Raptor fans over react when a player has a few bad games?". The answer is no, but they will anyway. Hence why people are talking about the playoffs after a three game winning streak.
    Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
    Follow me on Twitter.

Raptors Republic Superstar Mack North's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Tim W. wrote: View Post
    I think the title of the thread should be "Should Raptor fans over react when a player has a few bad games?". The answer is no, but they will anyway. Hence why people are talking about the playoffs after a three game winning streak.
    Playoffs? PLAYOFFS? Man, we're talkin' 50 wins around here!

I see we have another banned member. I wonder how many of these dudes come back as different aliases...?

Buck Foston!
    Keep Calm & Chive On

Raptors Republic All-Star Red and White's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Mack North wrote: View Post
    Playoffs? PLAYOFFS? Man, we're talkin' 50 wins around here!

I see we have another banned member. I wonder how many of these dudes come back as different aliases...?

Buck Foston!
    If he did comeback we would know, I mean, honestly, everyone of his posts was anti bargs.

If you see a "YOU DONT KNOW ANYTHING **** EURO *** MAKES ****LOOK LIKE GOOLD"
    then we are good to go. He took hating to another level. lol

good times reading his dumb comments though

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

LOL. DeRozan is 21. He is being given big minutes for the first time in his career. Give it time.

Raptors Republic All-Star grindhouse's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

he will be good he is just not hitting his open jumpers, once he does that he will be better and the team will be better last thing he needs to do is force his game.

Raptors Republic Starter RaptorDan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree grindhouse. English has been helping Amir's shooting, so hopefully Demar is working on his shooting like a demon as well and we will see an improvement as the season progresses. Dude's got game, just needs improved shooting skills and better consistency.
    Never, under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Could we get Brook Lopez for Derozan?

The salaries and contracts match I believe.

I think with the addition of Bayless and the play of Weems, we could consider this type of deal to get another big bruiser?

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

If NJ will not give up Lopez to get Carmelo Anthony I doubt they are interested in DD.

Also, Lopez is not a big bruiser. He is averaging 6.4rebs a game. I can't remember where I read it but he was described as a finese big man.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    If NJ will not give up Lopez to get Carmelo Anthony I doubt they are interested in DD.

Also, Lopez is not a big bruiser. He is averaging 6.4rebs a game. I can't remember where I read it but he was described as a finese big man.
    Arggg..we've already had one of those guys before...

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Its a good question, I think Derozan will actually be a better player down the road. Lopez does seem to be the franchise though, so I don't think it will happen.

Raptors Republic Superstar TheGloveinRapsUniform's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I wouldnt give up on DD just yet.
    Triano just needs to slap him a couple of times or light his jersey on fire to get him going.
    Once he realizes what he needs to do, i think he'll be up there with the best.

For some odd reason, the Raptors always get these types of players, theyre good with lots of potential, but theyre too nice. DD just needs to say WTF out loud and start slamming on everybody that stands in his way.
    Last edited by TheGloveinRapsUniform; Thu Nov 25th, 2010 at 04:49 PM.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

I think so too, but I wonder if we are loading up with 2 many fast wingers. Barbo, Weems, Bayless, Dero. I guess it doesn't hurt to have a glut of fast gunners though does it.

Raptors Republic Rookie dzoni71's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Isn't this kindda obvious? BC would jump on this one faster than you could say "Gone!" Only one problem, there is absolutely zero chance anyone from the Nets would even consider it in their dreams - Lopez is a very talented young big which has had a very good last season, while DD is just an athletic guard without a developed outside shot whose play is quite erratic. Not saying DD won't develop into quality starting guard in the league one day, but Lopez's ceiling is more like 7x All-Star.

Thread Information