View Poll Results: Grade Derozan's Season.

Voters
67. You may not vote on this poll
  • A

1 1.49%
  • B

18 26.87%
  • C

40 59.70%
  • D

8 11.94%
  • F

0 0%
Page 15 of 247 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 65 115 ... LastLast

Thread: Everything Demar Derozan

Raptors Republic Rookie Jordan-Drexler's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Hell no, Don't be stupid Man
    What if... Blazers had drafted both Drexler, Jordan?

From 1992 Beginner's Guide to the NBA Finals, The Oregonian's special section. Published 6/3/1992.

Michael Jordan was the #3 pick in the 1984 draft, after Portland selected Sam Bowie second.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think it's "stupid"... in terms of ability to play their assigned position, Lopez is better at his than Dero at his. It's a matter of who has more "upside potential" and what position we need

Raptors Republic All-Star Red and White's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Its ver..."optimistic"

in the end, we should not give him up and they should not give him up

and especially with his poor play of late (ill be it not that bad) i doubt NJ would consider it

Salaries match and all, but that dosnt mean anything

But hey, and idea is an idea, people said the same thing when we drafted bargnani (example "Not good enough to be in the league, etc.).

Raptors Republic Rookie Jordan-Drexler's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Multipaul wrote: View Post
    I don't think it's "stupid"... in terms of ability to play their assigned position, Lopez is better at his than Dero at his. It's a matter of who has more "upside potential" and what position we need
    Sorry I didn't mean for my comment to be derogatory, but you have to use some common sence here. Why would NJ trade their only player who is recognized in the east as one of the best centers (remember all the threads that had everyone put Lopez ahead of Barney for top 10 centers) and who's upside is a bona fide AllStar in some Upcomming years, and quite possibly the future Of the NJ franchise, for Demar.

Let me put it to you this way, Brook Lopez was ranked 15th in the fantasy rankings this year(one ahead of dwight). Demar -142
    I wouldnt do that trade in Fantasy, let alone reality.
    What if... Blazers had drafted both Drexler, Jordan?

From 1992 Beginner's Guide to the NBA Finals, The Oregonian's special section. Published 6/3/1992.

Michael Jordan was the #3 pick in the 1984 draft, after Portland selected Sam Bowie second.

Raptors Republic Starter charlz's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

The salaries and contracts match I believe.

I think with the addition of Bayless and the play of Weems, we could consider this type of deal to get another big bruiser?
    Bayless has played one game!! and has no where near the upside of DeRozen. Give DeRozen time he's 20 and scrawny.
    "I may be wrong ... but I doubt it"

Raptors Republic Superstar Mack North's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Are you kidding me??!! Why in the world would NJ do this? Not a hope in hell... Sorry
    Keep Calm & Chive On

Raptors Republic Veteran Buddahfan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    If NJ will not give up Lopez to get Carmelo Anthony I doubt they are interested in DD.

Also, Lopez is not a big bruiser. He is averaging 6.4rebs a game. I can't remember where I read it but he was described as a finese big man.
    I remember when Love played at UCLA and would go up against the Lopez brothers basically often by himself. He matched up pretty good against both of them at the same time.
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Post Thanks / Like

The salaries and contracts match I believe.

I think with the addition of Bayless and the play of Weems, we could consider this type of deal to get another big bruiser?
    You need to look at these young developmental guys like NFL receivers. You need to give them at least three years before you can get a good feel for where they're headed. DeRozan is what, 21? Give it time. Wade, for example, didn't enter the league until age 23.

Post Thanks / Like

Now Demar for Shannon Brown would be a good deal for the Raptors but no way that Kobe will let the Lakers trade Brown at this point.

However, Brown does have a "Player Option" for 2011-12.

He is shooting over 50% on his threes this season in about 4 attempts per game; i.e. 19 minutes.
    Last edited by Buddahfan; Thu Nov 25th, 2010 at 05:47 PM.
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Just remember when you were the only one supportive of Bargnani before this season began, now everybody LOOOVES him; typical man. It will be the same thing when D-Rex turns phenom.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Buddahfan wrote: View Post
    Now Demar for Shannon Brown would be a good deal for the Raptors but no way that Kobe will let the Lakers trade Brown at this point.

However, Brown does have a "Player Option" for 2011-12.

He is shooting over 50% on his threes this season in about 4 attempts per game; i.e. 19 minutes.
    Now that would be a no brainer eh? Dude has a lethal 3 and stays very composed and focused in crunch time. I bet Larry Brown is missing that guy right about now...Morrison..not so much..

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

No.............

But who says No to Arenas for Barbosa, Wright and $$$?

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote DirtyMikeSeaver wrote: View Post
    No.............

I say no for two reasons:

I would want no part of Arenas and the trade would not work anyways.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote DirtyMikeSeaver wrote: View Post
    No.............

I do. Barbosa has played for a number of very very good teams in the NBA and Internationally. To say that Arenas has issues, including a history of bad injuries is an understatement to say the least.

Raptors Republic Rookie your mom's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

i think that derozan's intangibles are more than his skills right now. His love for TO, work ethic, and Youngonez centerpiece status are more than his 14 pts per game....Even if Lopez is talented, Derozan is the raptors main attraction. It should stay that way

Raptors Republic Rookie brakeman1's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Arggg..we've already had one of those guys before...
    we don't still have one?

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    I say no for two reasons:

I would want no part of Arenas and the trade would not work anyways.
    Just spitballing...

Raps seem to want to go with speed, especially with the Barbosa/Bayless combo coming off the bench. Arenas is a risk, but he's been playing relatively well and his knee issues seem to be over. And Arenas, if healthy, is better than Barbosa (people forget this guy was a Top 10 talent 4 yrs ago and teams like Toronto have to take a risk to get something like that). Plus I think Barbosa probably goes after his contract is up.

(BTW, can't they use part of the trade exception to make it work? Or it isn't possible? I get confused.... And personally, I would LOVE to see them go after OJ Mayo, but...)

Raptors Republic Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey people....many are displaying the same mo as when playing a video game or play fantasy. Trade him... acquire him...dump him. This is DD's second year for C's sakes. The guy has always been a project and drafted at #9 because of his potential and athleticism. He works hard is open to coaching, likes TO from what I gather and is a team guy. What more do you want especially when the team is in rebuild mode. Changing your players like Boston did doesn't happen all the time. Having an ex Celtic as gm of Minnesota helps for one. DD needs at least another season minimum before one can reasonably assess his value to a still evolving team. Another v. important factor in the proposed trade...a good big man is far more difficult to find than a good SG...and it becomes more rare as the superlative increases. So, with all respect, the NJ Nets would have to be managed by idiots to consider that deal right now unless of course Lopez has a terrible rash we dont know about.

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

This isnt in a fantasy league thread? Lopez plays a similar game as Bargs so I guess you would move Bargs as well but how does NJ benefit from having DD? I doubt they do. They have a productive 4/5 to replace Lopez? No? So they lose a big, their best player for a 2 guard? This makes no sense.

Post Thanks / Like

Can I get Jessica Alba for 50 bucks?

Page 15 of 247 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 65 115 ... LastLast

Thread Information