View Poll Results: Grade Derozan's Season.

Voters
67. You may not vote on this poll
  • A

1 1.49%
  • B

18 26.87%
  • C

40 59.70%
  • D

8 11.94%
  • F

0 0%
Page 64 of 254 FirstFirst ... 14 54 62 63 64 65 66 74 114 164 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,280 of 5071

Thread: Everything Demar Derozan

Raptors Republic Starter saints91's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Apollo wrote: View Post
    Great stats gathering saints91, keep up the good work!

The stats you've put together really does illustrate that he is coming around. The only thing I see missing from this that would help is his FT attempts per game. As your stats clearly show, his shooting efficiency has gone up. I know its because he's moved his game in closer just like I'd been hoping he would do.

FGM-A / 3PM-A / FTM-A

Last 5 games 36-77 / 5-11 / 20-21

Last 10 games 58-136 / 5-14 / 44-54

Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

If there's one thing to be optimistic about, it's that DeRozan's been a late bloomer in the past as well (he didn't start playing well until conference play at USC, and it was the 2nd half of last season where he finally started to impress).

Maybe we'll see a similar curve this season?
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

Raptors Republic Superstar TheGloveinRapsUniform's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Apollo wrote: View Post
    Yeah, and I think he'll slience the critics next season. He put a lot of hard work in last season, now he needs to build on that this summer with the proper guidance he may have lacked last off-season. A full camp will help tremendously as well.

You know it's funny. Last season he closed it out with fireworks and everyone was so proud that they had such a hard working wing who loved the city and loved being a Raptor. He was all Raptors and Toronto everytime he spoke even in the off-season, especially in the off-season. He was in full support of his surroundings despite the adversity of playing on a struggling team. Now, a year later when it's he who is struggling how do the fans respond? Well not all, but there is a large group who have tossed him under the bus... Most of that group at the first signs of turbulence. Actually that's not funny, that's sad.
    hahaha true, true. And the funny thing is, this is how pretty much everybody felt about Bargnani as well!!! And now, everybody loves Bargnani again!

Me, im not hating on Demar. Im disappointed, same way i felt about Bargnani when he forgot about rebounding and defending. But the stark difference here is, Bargnani had something consistent even when he didnt care about defense...scoring. He put up points night in and night out. But with Demar, there's no consistency. But i still consider him a part of the core. Like what Apollo said, with a full camp, i have no doubts he'll be back in the saddle.

Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

i think he'll be in a whole new saddle pimped out with Diamond Jewels and shit with a full camp.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote tbihis wrote: View Post
    hahaha true, true. And the funny thing is, this is how pretty much everybody felt about Bargnani as well!!! And now, everybody loves Bargnani again!

Me, im not hating on Demar. Im disappointed, same way i felt about Bargnani when he forgot about rebounding and defending. But the stark difference here is, Bargnani had something consistent even when he didnt care about defense...scoring. He put up points night in and night out. But with Demar, there's no consistency. But i still consider him a part of the core. Like what Apollo said, with a full camp, i have no doubts he'll be back in the saddle.
    I don't think you're remembering correctly. Bargnani went through virtually identical problems:

• Streaky play
    • Confusion
    • Struggles to adapt to being the primary defensive target when his crutch(Chris Bosh) was in street clothes on the bench.

DeMar is going through the same stuff Andrea did early on in his career. It was not until the past couple years that Andrea showed any consistency to his offensive game. He would be lethal one night and as cold as dry ice the next game.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote saints91 wrote: View Post
    Is DeMar starting to finally come around this season? Yes he does have the off game here and there lately but his stats over the last five and 10 games have been on the upward swing. He's finally playing to his skill set.

GP GS MIN FG% 3PG% FT% OFF DEF RPG APG SPG BPG PPG

Last 5 Games 5 5 38.2 0.468 0.455 0.952 0.8 1.8 2.6 3.2 1.0 0.2 19.4
    Last 10 Games 10 10 36.0 0.426 0.357 0.815 0.7 2.4 3.1 2.5 0.8 0.3 16.5

*Sorry the stat lines look like mush

Hopefully he starts to become a little more consistent. It really hard to judge how he would be doing if the season wasn't as condensed. Now that the hardest stretch is over, we should be seeing some improvement.
    The biggest concern for me is that our starting SG, who's supposed to be a cutter and catch-and-shoot type player, is still shooting well below 50% inside the 3-pt arc (only 43% the past 10 games). I'd be curious to see stats that show where his shooting % (2pt & 3pt) rank against other SF/SG in the league, as a fair comparison of DeRozan against the league benchmark.

*** So I decided to answer my own question, from ESPN Stats
    1) DeRozan ranks 19 (out of 21) in FG%, among qualified SGs (38.7%)
    2) Looking at SF, DeRozan would rank 17 (out of 18) in FG%, if he were included among qualified SFs
    3) DeRozan is not even "qualified" (on pace to make 55 3pt shots) for 3PT% stats, but of SGs who have 20+ 3pt attempts, he would rank 50th in 3PT% (32%)
    4) DeRozan would be ranked outside the top 30 among SFs who have 20+ 3pt attempts
    Last edited by CalgaryRapsFan; Thu Feb 16th, 2012 at 02:01 PM.

Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
    The biggest concern for me is that our starting SG, who's supposed to be a cutter and catch-and-shoot type player, is still shooting well below 50% inside the 3-pt arc (only 43% the past 10 games). I'd be curious to see stats that show where his shooting % (2pt & 3pt) rank against other SF/SG in the league, as a fair comparison of DeRozan against the league benchmark.

*** So I decided to answer my own question, from ESPN Stats
    1) DeRozan ranks 19 (out of 21) in FG%, among qualified SGs (38.7%)
    2) Looking at SF, DeRozan would rank 17 (out of 18) in FG%, if he were included among qualified SFs
    3) DeRozan is not even "qualified" (on pace to make 55 3pt shots) for 3PT% stats, but of SGs who have 20+ 3pt attempts, he would rank 50th in 3PT% (32%)
    4) DeRozan would be ranked outside the top 30 among SFs who have 20+ 3pt attempts
    But, what would those ranks look like if we focus on just the last 5 games?
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

Post Thanks / Like

In the last 10 games DeRozan is 34th in FG% among all guards (PG&SG). Of those players 19 of them are are point guards. Jose is #5 overall with a 525%

These are the players ahead of DeMar

Dwyane Wade , MIA
    Landry Fields , NYK
    Jared Dudley , PHX
    Gerald Henderson , CHA
    Jason Richardson , ORL
    Jason Terry , DAL
    Ray Allen , BOS
    Anthony Morrow , NJN
    James Harden , OKC
    Monta Ellis , GSW
    Kevin Martin , HOU
    Paul George , IND
    Nick Young , WAS
    Jamal Crawford , POR
    DeMar DeRozan , TOR

In the last 5 games DeMar is 16th among guards. 5th among shooting guards. Jose is #1 overall with a .598 FG%

DeMar does not rank in the 3P% due to the amount of attempts he takes.
    Last edited by saints91; Thu Feb 16th, 2012 at 02:34 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

My question would be why are you lumping him in with SG and PGs? How many minutes have you seen him play at the point? It's fair to compare him to SF but not PG.

Post Thanks / Like

They just have breakdowns of C's, G's, and F's on NBA.com

He would be 33rd amongst forwards (PF &SF) and 13th out of just SF's in ten games

25th in the last five games and 8th among just SF's
    Last edited by saints91; Thu Feb 16th, 2012 at 05:17 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Ah, got you.

Post Thanks / Like

Another good game from DeMar. Shooting over 50% and getting to the line. He has pretty much dropped the 3 from his game.

Raptors Republic Starter jimmie's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

It's not all about his shooting, unfortunately. Zero assists, zero rebounds??? That's near-impossible for an athletic 6-6 starting wing who plays over 30 minutes a game.

Maybe it's not Bayless vs. Barbosa as the energy scoring punch off the bench long term. Maybe it's Demar vs. Barbosa...
    Definition of Statistics: The science of producing unreliable facts from reliable figures.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah I wouldn't say he had a particularly good game. He didn't notch a single rebound or assist, nor did he do anything to stop his assignment. He also didn't show up in the fourth quarter at all.

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote ceez wrote: View Post
    Yeah I wouldn't say he had a particularly good game. He didn't notch a single rebound or assist, nor did he do anything to stop his assignment. He also didn't show up in the fourth quarter at all.
    That was not his fault. LotteryBall came through on his contract obligations again:

*During break between 3rd and 4th quarter*

LotteryBall: "Yo, DeMar. Come here baby."

DD: "Whut up, Lottery?"

LotteryBall: "You gots to try one of these new Codeine M&M's. They are incredible for a 4th quarter boost."

DD: "Shit yeah. Hand some over LotteryBall. Oh yeah. These are good shit. Give me another handful."

And there you have it. DeMar was asleep on his feet due to candy coated codeine.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Lol DD has been scoring well over the last few games so now you guys have tp bitch about his rebounding. Shooting guards don't have the same rebounding responsibilities as big men. So who the hell cares?

Raptors Republic All-Star Red and White's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote why_you_mad_tho wrote: View Post
    Lol DD has been scoring well over the last few games so now you guys have tp bitch about his rebounding. Shooting guards don't have the same rebounding responsibilities as big men. So who the hell cares?
    You must have loved the Sam Mitchell days. If we wanted Derozan to just be a scorer, then we would not care, but we want him to be a complete player. That means playing D (something Demar struggles with greatly), rebounding a bit, setting up other guys, and finishing games is important. With Casey as the new coach, this stuff has never been more important. Everyone has to pull their weight, and just scoring is not enough.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Red and White wrote: View Post
    You must have loved the Sam Mitchell days. If we wanted Derozan to just be a scorer, then we would not care, but we want him to be a complete player. That means playing D (something Demar struggles with greatly), rebounding a bit, setting up other guys, and finishing games is important. With Casey as the new coach, this stuff has never been more important. Everyone has to pull their weight, and just scoring is not enough.
    Last time I checked our team is 3rd in defensive rebounds so DD's "lack of rebounding" if you can even call it that is not affecting the team. DD is currently averaging 3.5 rebounds so how many rebounds do you want him to average? 4? Are those extra .5 rebounds really gonna make a difference? Come on now...
    Last edited by why_you_mad_tho; Sat Feb 18th, 2012 at 08:00 PM.

Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

to demar's credit he is a a talented passer. I saw some sweet bullet bounce passes to amir against the bobcats but amir wasn't paying attention to Bismack the Bust Biyombo and got blocked a couple of times

Raptors Republic All-Star Red and White's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
    to demar's credit he is a a talented passer. I saw some sweet bullet bounce passes to amir against the bobcats but amir wasn't paying attention to Bismack the Bust Biyombo and got blocked a couple of times
    Oh no doubt,

I have been loving the passing from both DD and JJ.

Page 64 of 254 FirstFirst ... 14 54 62 63 64 65 66 74 114 164 ... LastLast

Thread Information