View Poll Results: Grade Derozan's Season.

Voters
67. You may not vote on this poll
  • A

    1 1.49%
  • B

    18 26.87%
  • C

    40 59.70%
  • D

    8 11.94%
  • F

    0 0%
Page 66 of 224 FirstFirst ... 16 56 64 65 66 67 68 76 116 166 ... LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,320 of 4464

Thread: Everything Demar Derozan

  1. #1301
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    18,983
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Apollo wrote: View Post
    There has been a significant reduction in pitch forks and torches in the second half of February.
    Home Hardware must be struggling on sales with the play of Bargnani and DeMar finally turning it around (well, hopefully).

  2. #1302
    Administrator Apollo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    11,933
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Fear not Matt for the Raptors have a new foreign rookie big man on the way who currently has unrealistic rookie year expectations on his shoulders. Q4 should allow Home Hardware rebound and finish the year strong.

  3. #1303
    Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    5,733
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Where's the biggest demar troll ever? pizzaman

  4. #1304
    Super Moderator ReubenJRD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Vancouver, BC.
    Posts
    4,024
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    36.1 6.5-14.3 .459 0.5-1.4 .333 4.9-6.2 .794 3.1 2.3 0.3 0.8 3.5 2.6 18.5

    11 games played
    36.1 minutes per game

    18.5 points
    .459 FG (6.5/14.3)
    .333 3pt (0.5/1.4)
    .794 FT (4.9/6.2)

    3.1 rebs
    2.3 ast
    0.3 blk
    0.8 stl
    2.6 turnovers


    Not too bad considering the start to the year.

    A little higher on the shooting percentage, cut down on the turnovers, and improve defensively and I would be content.
    Remember last year? Demar didn't start the year red hot. Maybe there's a Roberto Luongo in him?

    But again, last year, his numbers increased every month, and became more and more consistent as the season went on. I will always have faith in Demar, because I believe he can be a VERY good player in the future.

  5. #1305
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    18,983
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
    Remember last year? Demar didn't start the year red hot. Maybe there's a Roberto Luongo in him?

    But again, last year, his numbers increased every month, and became more and more consistent as the season went on. I will always have faith in Demar, because I believe he can be a VERY good player in the future.
    DeMar has never started a season hot:

    slow start in one year at USC,
    slow start to rookie year,
    slow start to year 2,
    slow start to year 3.

  6. #1306
    Super Moderator ReubenJRD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Vancouver, BC.
    Posts
    4,024
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    DeMar has never started a season hot:

    slow start in one year at USC,
    slow start to rookie year,
    slow start to year 2,
    slow start to year 3.
    But he also has the tendency to finish strong. i.e Last season and in USC.

    He was one of the most raw rookies, turning into one of the top 3 sophomores. He's finished every season strong, let's hope he gets his confidence back.

  7. #1307
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    18,983
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
    But he also has the tendency to finish strong. i.e Last season and in USC.

    He was one of the most raw rookies, turning into one of the top 3 sophomores. He's finished every season strong, let's hope he gets his confidence back.
    No doubt. But it would be nice if he could play some good ball November through January before coming alive from February onwards. It would save me some of my natural hair colour at the very least and for others it might keep more hair attached to their scalp.

  8. #1308
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    226
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Apollo wrote: View Post
    Fear not Matt for the Raptors have a new foreign rookie big man on the way who currently has unrealistic rookie year expectations on his shoulders. Q4 should allow Home Hardware rebound and finish the year strong.
    unfortunately so very true...buy stocks now folks.

  9. #1309
    Super Moderator ReubenJRD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Vancouver, BC.
    Posts
    4,024
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    No doubt. But it would be nice if he could play some good ball November through January before coming alive from February onwards. It would save me some of my natural hair colour at the very least and for others it might keep more hair attached to their scalp.
    Oh I know how you feel my man :P I think we really have to be patient as Raptor fans, and know that this season is development and growing in a new culture. Our talent looks very bright and with Val & a top pick in the 2012 draft, it's all good.

  10. #1310
    Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    5,733
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    DeMar was very raw coming outta USC. The way he has improved his great and at this rate he could be on his way to a couple of all star games. As he gets more time with dwane casey over the summer and gets time to work on his weaknesses i'm sure he'll come out next season lookin like andrea this year.

  11. #1311
    Super Moderator ReubenJRD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Vancouver, BC.
    Posts
    4,024
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
    DeMar was very raw coming outta USC. The way he has improved his great and at this rate he could be on his way to a couple of all star games. As he gets more time with dwane casey over the summer and gets time to work on his weaknesses i'm sure he'll come out next season lookin like andrea this year.
    People don't understand that there was no coaching staff over the break, no practice time to clean up mistakes, and no training camp!

    Ed Davis hasn't had a real NBA Traning camp yet, Demar Derozan didn't get the right time and advice on helping out his individual game, and practice time has hurt the two because if they are making mistakes, there are no real times to clean up and perfect. Look at the homestand! Ed Davis AND Demar Derozan have picked it up! They've had time and practice to spend and now they are playing hard individually and making difference in the games!

    Raptor Fans, be patient!

  12. #1312
    Super Moderator ReubenJRD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Vancouver, BC.
    Posts
    4,024
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Ya'll always bitch. He's athletic, but not an all-around player like Dwayne Wade. He's no Dwayne Wade.

    He's a raw athletic talent. High potential. He added a very dangerous jump-shot & a couple of mid-range post moves (Kobe like moves) and is averaging near 16 points, near 4 rebounds, and 2 assists.

    Summary: He has athleticism, a mid-range jump-shot, and mid-post moves. What else? Nothing, and he's doing better than most expected on draft night, everyone thought he was JUST a dunker. He has a high ceiling, but maybe we are asking TOO much. But his defense is no excuse, his athleticism should push that. He has been regressing from last season's performances, but he has a tendency to start slow, and finish strong i.e USC Tournament, last season. Let him grow, be patient. Ya'll are acting as if you want another VC/T-Mac/Stoudemire situation. Sure, let's go off another good potential talent and attain shitty bums.

  13. #1313
    Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    5,733
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    DeMar's no superstar but as he adds weight and experience he'll be very good wing player

  14. #1314
    Super Moderator ReubenJRD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Vancouver, BC.
    Posts
    4,024
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
    DeMar's no superstar but as he adds weight and experience he'll be very good wing player
    Don't forget about continuing to develop the three-point shot and ball-handling.

    Agreed though, he can have a very good career. MAYBE make an all-star game, but not a superstar.

  15. #1315
    Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    5,733
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
    Don't forget about continuing to develop the three-point shot and ball-handling.

    Agreed though, he can have a very good career. MAYBE make an all-star game, but not a superstar.
    i think he'll make a couple of all star games. Both Joe johnson and Wade are getting up there in age

  16. #1316
    Raptors Republic Starter AJ360's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Brrrrrrrrrrrie
    Posts
    251
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Well hopefully he can continue this momentum into February and ride it through to the end of the season.

    I guess it's probably fair to look at it like Demar is a young player who went 5+ months without any real coaching during the past off-season. Not to mention played a ton of streetball. I just hope that he spends the next off-season working on his dribbling and defence. Being athletic doesn't mean much when you can't break down your man off the dribble.

  17. #1317
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    18,983
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote AJ360 wrote: View Post
    Well hopefully he can continue this momentum into February and ride it through to the end of the season.

    I guess it's probably fair to look at it like Demar is a young player who went 5+ months without any real coaching during the past off-season. Not to mention played a ton of streetball. I just hope that he spends the next off-season working on his dribbling and defence. Being athletic doesn't mean much when you can't break down your man off the dribble.
    .... and spends more time in the weight room than in the gym.

  18. #1318
    Super Moderator ReubenJRD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Vancouver, BC.
    Posts
    4,024
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    .... and spends more time in the weight room than in the gym.
    I don't think it's going to be hard for him because he is a gym rat. He's going to get things done with the coaching staff, and LESS streetball, except the fact he killed the Drew League.

    I just want him to continue to be aggressive, that right now is all I ask, because dribbling or not, big ass body or not, he can get to the rim.

  19. #1319
    Super Moderator ReubenJRD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Vancouver, BC.
    Posts
    4,024
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Puffer wrote: View Post
    Dwayne Casey "I've told Demar, he's got to live in the weight room this summer. ...All the other guys in his position hand out the contact. They don't receive it, they hand it out..."

    Beautiful
    im surprised he didn't talk about his ball-handling...

  20. #1320
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    18,983
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
    I don't think it's going to be hard for him because he is a gym rat. He's going to get things done with the coaching staff, and LESS streetball, except the fact he killed the Drew League.

    I just want him to continue to be aggressive, that right now is all I ask, because dribbling or not, big ass body or not, he can get to the rim.
    I don't think it is a given.

    Colangelo expressed frustration with DeMar about the things required to be a solid pro outside of being a gym rat. Strength training was the biggest culprit from what I recall of the interview.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 9 users browsing this thread. (3 members and 6 guests)

  1. FoxMachine,
  2. Miekenstien,
  3. YoungGunRaptor

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •