View Poll Results: Grade Derozan's Season.

Voters
67. You may not vote on this poll
  • A

1 1.49%
  • B

18 26.87%
  • C

40 59.70%
  • D

8 11.94%
  • F

0 0%
Page 66 of 224 FirstFirst ... 16 56 64 65 66 67 68 76 116 166 ... LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,320 of 4464

Thread: Everything Demar Derozan

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Apollo wrote: View Post
    There has been a significant reduction in pitch forks and torches in the second half of February.
    Home Hardware must be struggling on sales with the play of Bargnani and DeMar finally turning it around (well, hopefully).

Post Thanks / Like

Fear not Matt for the Raptors have a new foreign rookie big man on the way who currently has unrealistic rookie year expectations on his shoulders. Q4 should allow Home Hardware rebound and finish the year strong.

Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Where's the biggest demar troll ever? pizzaman

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    36.1 6.5-14.3 .459 0.5-1.4 .333 4.9-6.2 .794 3.1 2.3 0.3 0.8 3.5 2.6 18.5

11 games played
    36.1 minutes per game

18.5 points
    .459 FG (6.5/14.3)
    .333 3pt (0.5/1.4)
    .794 FT (4.9/6.2)

3.1 rebs
    2.3 ast
    0.3 blk
    0.8 stl
    2.6 turnovers

Not too bad considering the start to the year.

A little higher on the shooting percentage, cut down on the turnovers, and improve defensively and I would be content.
    Remember last year? Demar didn't start the year red hot. Maybe there's a Roberto Luongo in him?

But again, last year, his numbers increased every month, and became more and more consistent as the season went on. I will always have faith in Demar, because I believe he can be a VERY good player in the future.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
    Remember last year? Demar didn't start the year red hot. Maybe there's a Roberto Luongo in him?

But again, last year, his numbers increased every month, and became more and more consistent as the season went on. I will always have faith in Demar, because I believe he can be a VERY good player in the future.
    DeMar has never started a season hot:

slow start in one year at USC,
    slow start to rookie year,
    slow start to year 2,
    slow start to year 3.

Post Thanks / Like

DeMar has never started a season hot:

slow start in one year at USC,
    slow start to rookie year,
    slow start to year 2,
    slow start to year 3.
    But he also has the tendency to finish strong. i.e Last season and in USC.

He was one of the most raw rookies, turning into one of the top 3 sophomores. He's finished every season strong, let's hope he gets his confidence back.

Post Thanks / Like

But he also has the tendency to finish strong. i.e Last season and in USC.

He was one of the most raw rookies, turning into one of the top 3 sophomores. He's finished every season strong, let's hope he gets his confidence back.
    No doubt. But it would be nice if he could play some good ball November through January before coming alive from February onwards. It would save me some of my natural hair colour at the very least and for others it might keep more hair attached to their scalp.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Apollo wrote: View Post
    Fear not Matt for the Raptors have a new foreign rookie big man on the way who currently has unrealistic rookie year expectations on his shoulders. Q4 should allow Home Hardware rebound and finish the year strong.
    unfortunately so very true...buy stocks now folks.

Post Thanks / Like

No doubt. But it would be nice if he could play some good ball November through January before coming alive from February onwards. It would save me some of my natural hair colour at the very least and for others it might keep more hair attached to their scalp.
    Oh I know how you feel my man :P I think we really have to be patient as Raptor fans, and know that this season is development and growing in a new culture. Our talent looks very bright and with Val & a top pick in the 2012 draft, it's all good.

Post Thanks / Like

DeMar was very raw coming outta USC. The way he has improved his great and at this rate he could be on his way to a couple of all star games. As he gets more time with dwane casey over the summer and gets time to work on his weaknesses i'm sure he'll come out next season lookin like andrea this year.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
    DeMar was very raw coming outta USC. The way he has improved his great and at this rate he could be on his way to a couple of all star games. As he gets more time with dwane casey over the summer and gets time to work on his weaknesses i'm sure he'll come out next season lookin like andrea this year.
    People don't understand that there was no coaching staff over the break, no practice time to clean up mistakes, and no training camp!

Ed Davis hasn't had a real NBA Traning camp yet, Demar Derozan didn't get the right time and advice on helping out his individual game, and practice time has hurt the two because if they are making mistakes, there are no real times to clean up and perfect. Look at the homestand! Ed Davis AND Demar Derozan have picked it up! They've had time and practice to spend and now they are playing hard individually and making difference in the games!

Raptor Fans, be patient!

Post Thanks / Like

Ya'll always bitch. He's athletic, but not an all-around player like Dwayne Wade. He's no Dwayne Wade.

He's a raw athletic talent. High potential. He added a very dangerous jump-shot & a couple of mid-range post moves (Kobe like moves) and is averaging near 16 points, near 4 rebounds, and 2 assists.

Summary: He has athleticism, a mid-range jump-shot, and mid-post moves. What else? Nothing, and he's doing better than most expected on draft night, everyone thought he was JUST a dunker. He has a high ceiling, but maybe we are asking TOO much. But his defense is no excuse, his athleticism should push that. He has been regressing from last season's performances, but he has a tendency to start slow, and finish strong i.e USC Tournament, last season. Let him grow, be patient. Ya'll are acting as if you want another VC/T-Mac/Stoudemire situation. Sure, let's go off another good potential talent and attain shitty bums.

Post Thanks / Like

DeMar's no superstar but as he adds weight and experience he'll be very good wing player

Post Thanks / Like

Quote NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
    DeMar's no superstar but as he adds weight and experience he'll be very good wing player
    Don't forget about continuing to develop the three-point shot and ball-handling.

Agreed though, he can have a very good career. MAYBE make an all-star game, but not a superstar.

Post Thanks / Like

Don't forget about continuing to develop the three-point shot and ball-handling.

Agreed though, he can have a very good career. MAYBE make an all-star game, but not a superstar.
    i think he'll make a couple of all star games. Both Joe johnson and Wade are getting up there in age

Post Thanks / Like

Well hopefully he can continue this momentum into February and ride it through to the end of the season.

I guess it's probably fair to look at it like Demar is a young player who went 5+ months without any real coaching during the past off-season. Not to mention played a ton of streetball. I just hope that he spends the next off-season working on his dribbling and defence. Being athletic doesn't mean much when you can't break down your man off the dribble.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote AJ360 wrote: View Post
    Well hopefully he can continue this momentum into February and ride it through to the end of the season.

I guess it's probably fair to look at it like Demar is a young player who went 5+ months without any real coaching during the past off-season. Not to mention played a ton of streetball. I just hope that he spends the next off-season working on his dribbling and defence. Being athletic doesn't mean much when you can't break down your man off the dribble.
    .... and spends more time in the weight room than in the gym.

Post Thanks / Like

.... and spends more time in the weight room than in the gym.
    I don't think it's going to be hard for him because he is a gym rat. He's going to get things done with the coaching staff, and LESS streetball, except the fact he killed the Drew League.

I just want him to continue to be aggressive, that right now is all I ask, because dribbling or not, big ass body or not, he can get to the rim.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Puffer wrote: View Post
    Dwayne Casey "I've told Demar, he's got to live in the weight room this summer. ...All the other guys in his position hand out the contact. They don't receive it, they hand it out..."

Beautiful
    im surprised he didn't talk about his ball-handling...

Post Thanks / Like

I don't think it's going to be hard for him because he is a gym rat. He's going to get things done with the coaching staff, and LESS streetball, except the fact he killed the Drew League.

I just want him to continue to be aggressive, that right now is all I ask, because dribbling or not, big ass body or not, he can get to the rim.
    I don't think it is a given.

Colangelo expressed frustration with DeMar about the things required to be a solid pro outside of being a gym rat. Strength training was the biggest culprit from what I recall of the interview.

Thread Information