View Poll Results: Grade Derozan's Season.

Voters
67. You may not vote on this poll
  • A

1 1.49%
  • B

18 26.87%
  • C

40 59.70%
  • D

8 11.94%
  • F

0 0%
Page 68 of 254 FirstFirst ... 18 58 66 67 68 69 70 78 118 168 ... LastLast
Results 1,341 to 1,360 of 5071

Thread: Everything Demar Derozan

Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

i love it for a good laugh if thats what u mean

Post Thanks / Like

... The guy let his emotions get to him and posted a silly two worder on Twitter, which he removed a couple hours later. Probably once he calmed down. This is a non-issue. He's a good guy and I don't imagine this will happen again. If that's the biggest issue in the Raptors' locker room then welcome to Mr.Roger's neighborhood or the pro ball equivalent at least.

I don't know what his future holds but looking at Colangelo's past history with draft picks, the majority get a whole lot of time before he pulls the plug... If he pulls the plug. I think the odds are far better that he's here next November to witness J.V. getting tossed under the bus after the first bad game he has.

Raptors Republic Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

Assume that was the first time DD crossed anyone on the team incl the coaches. He is a good guy and I think its a forgotten thing already after the talk Casey had with him. His play the rest of the year will determine his stay as it should be.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Apollo wrote: View Post
    ... The guy let his emotions get to him and posted a silly two worder on Twitter, which he removed a couple hours later. Probably once he calmed down. This is a non-issue. He's a good guy and I don't imagine this will happen again. If that's the biggest issue in the Raptors' locker room then welcome to Mr.Roger's neighborhood or the pro ball equivalent at least.
    Don't know if you saw the pre-game, Dwane Casey said he would handle the frustration internally, but he also said he loved the spicyness in Demar to want to win and the want to play. Dwane Casey seems to be a coach that'll piss you off and get the best of you on both ends of the floor, and keep composure. He wasn't blamed for defense from what I heard, I heard he wasn't working hard enough offensively.

Raptors Republic Starter charlz's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
    how does extending barbosa have anything to do with DeMar leaving thats just stupid to even think that
    no its not

what is stupid is to think they would carry 6 swing men
    "I may be wrong ... but I doubt it"

Post Thanks / Like

Last time Colangelo did that was...
    2007-2008: Parker, Moon, Kapono, Graham, Garbajosa and Delfino.

And before that?
    2006-2007: Parker, Graham, Garbajosa, Mo Pete, Fred Jones, Luke Jackson, P.J. Tucker

Seems like it's happened 50% of the time over the past six seasons.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote charlz wrote: View Post
    no its not

what is stupid is to think they would carry 6 swing men
    Barbosa is a sixth man so i don't know what your talking about.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Default DeMar's solid stretch

DeMar's played some pretty good games to coincide with Toronto's 4-5 record over the last 9, his game against Tony Allen notwithstanding. I think if he continues this improvement, he's worthy of a spot as a second option, no?
    Last edited by mcHAPPY; Thu Mar 8th, 2012 at 11:06 AM. Reason: Self-promotion

Post Thanks / Like

i'd say 2nd or 3rd option. If we draft a good player then he might end up being a 3rd option. He looks like he has all star potential though, if we pick an all star caliber wing we might have are own big three. Bargs, DeRozan and 2012 pick/Jonas

Post Thanks / Like

i'd say 2nd or 3rd option. If we draft a good player then he might end up being a 3rd option. He looks like he has all star potential though, if we pick an all star caliber wing we might have are own big three. Bargs, DeRozan and 2012 pick/Jonas
    DeRozan at best can be a solid 1st option, but no where near the 1st option likes of Joe Johnson, Kobe, and Dwayne Wade.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
    DeRozan at best can be a solid 1st option, but no where near the 1st option likes of Joe Johnson, Kobe, and Dwayne Wade.
    DeMar DeRozan has too much difficulty creating his own shot to be considered a viable first option in my opinion.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Hugmenot wrote: View Post
    DeMar DeRozan has too much difficulty creating his own shot to be considered a viable first option in my opinion.
    That's why I said at best, no where near in the likes of Johnson, Bryant, and Wade. He has a solid post-game, good pull up jumper, and works well within' the open floor. He's going to continue to improve, but if this is him now and ever, he would be a solid one. Not such an impact player like the three I had mentioned.

Post Thanks / Like

That's why I said at best, no where near in the likes of Johnson, Bryant, and Wade. He has a solid post-game, good pull up jumper, and works well within' the open floor. He's going to continue to improve, but if this is him now and ever, he would be a solid one. Not such an impact player like the three I had mentioned.
    Joe Johnson shouldn't even be mentioned with d wade and kobe. JJ isn't that good and IMO DeMar might end up being better later on in his career.

Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Chisolm preaches patience

For now, let's wait and see how DeRozan finishes off the season. Let's see how he blends with Andrea Bargnani back on the court. Let's see what kind of players the Raptors surround him with this summer. His comfort level on the court of late has been a world apart from where it was back in January and he and Casey look to have found a methodology to maximize DeRozan's effectiveness when he's playing. That's a major turnaround from earlier in the season. It's still impossible to gauge exactly what Toronto has in DeRozan but suffice it to say that whatever they do have looks a lot better today than it did only a few weeks ago.
    http://www.tsn.ca/blogs/tim_chisholm/?id=389875
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

Post Thanks / Like

+1 That's what I've been trying to say all this time.

Post Thanks / Like

Was watching the Jonas Valanciunas Story, and Dwane Casey mentioned Demar, Andrea, and Jonas being the important guys when Jonas arrives.

Post Thanks / Like

Was watching the Jonas Valanciunas Story, and Dwane Casey mentioned Demar, Andrea, and Jonas being the important guys when Jonas arrives.
    That is true, those 3 and our draft pick this year is our core we build around.

Raptors Republic Starter theycallmeZZ's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

That is true, those 3 and our draft pick this year is our core we build around.
    No mention of Jose huh?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote theycallmeZZ wrote: View Post
    No mention of Jose huh?
    Jose is not part of the future and its obvious. We need a PG that can penetrate and put pressure on the defense, jose is a great pg but he is not aggressive enough and he can't defend the better PG's in the league.

Post Thanks / Like

Jose is not part of the future and its obvious. We need a PG that can penetrate and put pressure on the defense, jose is a great pg but he is not aggressive enough and he can't defend the better PG's in the league.
    I think he will stay for another year or two, but I don't see him down the road.

Page 68 of 254 FirstFirst ... 18 58 66 67 68 69 70 78 118 168 ... LastLast

Thread Information