View Poll Results: Grade Derozan's Season.

Voters
67. You may not vote on this poll
  • A

1 1.49%
  • B

18 26.87%
  • C

40 59.70%
  • D

8 11.94%
  • F

0 0%
Page 45 of 254 FirstFirst ... 35 43 44 45 46 47 55 95 145 ... LastLast

Thread: Everything Demar Derozan

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Tim W. wrote: View Post
    Without the liability that is Bargnani, the great DeMar DeRozan showed that he is ready to take over the teams scoring when Bargnani is thankfully banished from the team this summer. He is obviously now the best player on the team.
    You are a sucker for punishment, Tim.

There is no question that another year of progress like he has made this year will end the debate between DD and He Who Shall Not Be Named.

Raptors Republic All-Star Balls of Steel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Without the liability that is Bargnani, the great DeMar DeRozan showed that he is ready to take over the teams scoring when Bargnani is thankfully banished from the team this summer. He is obviously now the best player on the team.
    I think it's a simple determination of who's cramping who's development. Andrea's had 5 years (most of which under the shadow of Bosh mind you) and Demar's slowly coming into his own. I also don't believe in "crowning" one guy as the focal point on offense (otherwise, I would be contradicting myself for the multitude arguments I made against Bargs holding this position for now). That said, I think that Demar can get to the line more efficiently and not as high a volume shooter. Let's face it, it's a guard oriented league and this "look-at-what-my-center-can-do" experiment is over especially if it's at the cost of interior defense (which BC must address this summer).

Rest Calderon and Andrea for the duration of the remaining games. We need our trade assets in their best physical shapes.

PS> The team shot 50.6% against the league's top defensive team (with a home record of 33-5). Bargnani was not missed.
    Last edited by Balls of Steel; Sun Apr 3rd, 2011 at 08:06 AM.
    “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Raptors Republic All-Star hateslosing's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Tim, your Multipaul impression is solid.
    "When Life gives you lemons, you clone those Lemons to make super lemons!"
    -Scudworth

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

Now if Multipaul somehow manages to respond in a civilized manner, you both will have officially switches roles.

Raptors Republic Starter DunkinDerozan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

to quote the great demar when asked if andea is ready to become our go to guy.

"Yeah, that's what everybody is looking at, He is definitely taking advantage of it and you can see it."

Read more NBA news and insight: http://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?...#ixzz1IT2vruky

King Bargs - Prince Demar

Get ready raps 2012

Raptors Republic Starter raptorsking's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

ed davis is already our best player if not it's amir Johnson...

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Wait. I thought he "might one day be a good player" or something. Now he's "great"?

He doesn't have any great statistics. He doesn't cause the Raptors to win a lot of games. What's great about him?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

LOOOOLL, How pathetic to have your whole life revolved about the hate for a certain player that does not even know you exist.

It made you come out and post nonsense like above and make yourself look as foolish as it comes.

DD has shown alot of improvement in offense but not much on D But it is interesting that Tim chooses to ignore that when it comes to DD and highlight it when it comes to AB.

Enough time wasted on this, I think by now everyone knows what Tim is all about.

Raptors Republic Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

Did Multipaul hack into Tim's id?

Raptors Republic Starter pesterm1's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

raps4ever , not to take sides but others have notcied the raps playing better without bargs too. the announcers from chicago lastnight were saying how much bedtter the raps played without bargs too. totally unbiased opinion.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote pesterm1 wrote: View Post
    raps4ever , not to take sides but others have notcied the raps playing better without bargs too. the announcers from chicago lastnight were saying how much bedtter the raps played without bargs too. totally unbiased opinion.
    How many games this season has Raptor won without AB in the line up ?
    How many have they won with him on the line up ?

If Win/Loss is a way to measure how good we play, the above stat which is significantly in favor of AB in the line up answers the question.

AB does not need me to defend him here. He has his weakness like many other players but there is not DATA yet to support the notation that we are better without him expect the useless +/- which is pure BS.

Anyway, I am off to a 4 Weeks European Vacation in about 2 hours from now and will not be able to follow the team for the rest of the season.
    Lets hope for a better season next year.
    Last edited by Raptor4Ever; Sun Apr 3rd, 2011 at 03:38 PM.

Raptors Republic Superstar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Raptor4Ever wrote: View Post
    How many games this season has Raptor won without AB in the line up ?
    How many have they won with him on the line up ?

If Win/Loss is a way to measure how good we play, the above stat which is significantly in favor of AB in the line up answers the question.

AB does not need me to defend him here. He has his weakness like many other players but there is not DATA yet to support the notation that we are better without him expect the useless +/- which is pure BS.

Anyway, I am off to a 4 Weeks European Vacation in about 2 hours from now and will not be able to follow the team for the rest of the season.
    Lets hope for a better season next year.
    How many games have the Raptors won with Reggie Evans and without him? Apparently Reggie is the best player on the team. How many games if the games Bargnani missed were against +.500 teams? How many games have the Raptors won with and without Calderon? It doesn't take a genius to figure out that Bargnani missing a game is not the only factor that determines the outcome.
    Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
    Follow me on Twitter.

Raptors Republic Rookie webcrawler89's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

While DD played exceptionally, I really think a significant amount of credit goes to the man in the middle, Ed Davis. This dude went off defensively and offensively last night. He showed how well this team can be with a defensive anchor in the paint. Also, although Amir did struggle, he too played pretty well defensively.

What I'm trying to say is that, if you have a real defensive anchor in the paint, the other players naturally get a chance to shine. And that's what we need.

Post Thanks / Like

I dunno guys, I agree. He's much more efficient and does the other things (assists, rebounds) better than Bargs. Very quietly over the past couple months he's been racking up more assists. Dude used to be AWFUL at creating for others and putting the ball in the hands of someone who's in a better place to score.

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote ceez wrote: View Post
    I dunno guys, I agree. He's much more efficient and does the other things (assists, rebounds) better than Bargs. Very quietly over the past couple months he's been racking up more assists. Dude used to be AWFUL at creating for others and putting the ball in the hands of someone who's in a better place to score.
    It is a definite debate. DeMar has grown quite a bit this year. Unfortunately saying anyone is the best player on the Raptors is like saying she is the hottest chick in the bar with facial hair.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

um, did u notice we lost last night?
    Personally, i like when Bargs and DD play together, they can be lethal. I hope they work together in the offseason. I posted at the beginning of the season a thread called: king bargs, prince dero. I believe they pack an amazing 1-2 punch. I would love even more to see Kemba with them next year, with big Ed and james johnson. I love this squad and our team's future

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Love the team's energy and hustle out there without Bargnani's chucking and Jose's matador defense. Chemistry seems much better.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Multipaul wrote: View Post
    Personally, i like when Bargs and DD play together, they can be lethal. I hope they work together in the offseason. I posted at the beginning of the season a thread called: king bargs, prince dero. I believe they pack an amazing 1-2 punch. I would love even more to see Kemba with them next year, with big Ed and james johnson. I love this squad and our team's future
    offesively yes. But defencively we are shit. We beat orlando tonight, if bargs was playing d howard would have had like 40 points and 20 rebounds and we would have lost. I like bargnani but he is not the right fit for our team anymore, he would be better off somewhere else. Same with jose.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Raptor4Ever wrote: View Post
    LOOOOLL, How pathetic to have your whole life revolved about the hate for a certain player that does not even know you exist.

It made you come out and post nonsense like above and make yourself look as foolish as it comes.

DD has shown alot of improvement in offense but not much on D But it is interesting that Tim chooses to ignore that when it comes to DD and highlight it when it comes to AB.

Enough time wasted on this, I think by now everyone knows what Tim is all about.
    thats cause bargnani is garbage defencively. Demar is half decent at defence and will continue to improve in all area's, as for bargnani he has been here 5 years and has done nothing good for this team. Trading him will be the best thing to do and you bargnani lovers will finally stfu.

Raptors Republic Starter albertan_10's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Multipaul wrote: View Post
    wow a positive comment. I actualy agree. i would take irving over walker though, if that's an option

Page 45 of 254 FirstFirst ... 35 43 44 45 46 47 55 95 145 ... LastLast

Thread Information