View Poll Results: Grade Derozan's Season.

Voters
67. You may not vote on this poll
  • A

1 1.49%
  • B

18 26.87%
  • C

40 59.70%
  • D

8 11.94%
  • F

0 0%
Page 48 of 177 FirstFirst ... 38 46 47 48 49 50 58 98 148 ... LastLast

Thread: Everything Demar Derozan

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    I've got to agree with Mango, Multipaul.

Yesterday and this morning sensible posts were written by everyone involved. Since then it has turned in to references of other posters made in different threads that have no bearing on conversations. Sensible discussion has turned in to open mic tryouts at professional wrestling camp. While I do not condone threads designed to poke at another poster(s), it does suck having the tables turned does it not?

Look at your post starting at 9:50am onwards:

Joey calls you out, you bring up Tim who was not involved in this thread since the original post. You get upset at Joey, Joey reminds you of comments made in the past to which you do not own up to. Tim responds with, in my opinion a credible quote that sums up the frustration of many I believe to which you respond:

Using another example in the Everything Bargnani forum, another poster questions a post of mine (which I totally have no problem with), I respond, and the thread turns in to open mic night at a professional wrestling camp.

As has been mentioned many times, you have many good posts but many others that make me question if you have a child or young sibling who is hacking your account - seriously - as today was a perfect example.

It does not seem realistic to continually slap people in the face and not expect a response.

That is just my two cents. Very few decisions get made around here without discussion beforehand. For the sake of everyone, I hope the pettiness stops.
    I can see your point of view. Just so you know, I have never "designed" a post to specifically "bait" another poster, as Tim has admitted. That in my opinion is taking it too far, and to me seems like abuse of this site.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

I've got to agree with Mango, Multipaul.

Yesterday and this morning sensible posts were written by everyone involved. Since then it has turned in to references of other posters made in different threads that have no bearing on conversations. Sensible discussion has turned in to open mic tryouts at professional wrestling camp. While I do not condone threads designed to poke at another poster(s), it does suck having the tables turned does it not?

Look at your post starting at 9:50am onwards:

Joey calls you out, you bring up Tim who was not involved in this thread since the original post. You get upset at Joey, Joey reminds you of comments made in the past to which you do not own up to. Tim responds with, in my opinion a credible quote that sums up the frustration of many I believe to which you respond:

Using another example in the Everything Bargnani forum, another poster questions a post of mine (which I totally have no problem with), I respond, and the thread turns in to open mic night at a professional wrestling camp.

As has been mentioned many times, you have many good posts but many others that make me question if you have a child or young sibling who is hacking your account - seriously - as today was a perfect example.

It does not seem realistic to continually slap people in the face and not expect a response.

That is just my two cents. Very few decisions get made around here without discussion beforehand. For the sake of everyone, I hope the pettiness stops.
    Based on the message i just got from Tim W in my inbox, it sounds like he has free reign to say whatever he wants to me with your blessing, so I will humbly get out of this thread!!!

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer Matt52's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Multipaul wrote: View Post
    Based on the message i just got from Tim W in my inbox, it sounds like he has free reign to say whatever he wants to me with your blessing, so I will humbly get out of this thread!!!
    Please forward along if you are that bothered.

Raptors Republic Superstar heinz57's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

On a serious note, as somebody who actually appreciates both multi's and tim's contributions on the board.. I gotta say, it's pretty obvious that at some point they're both going to blatantly go after one another.*

Just like, Ronnie is the muscle juicehead with a heart and Sammi is the sweetest bitch you'll ever meet. *You know there's going to be drama.*

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote heinz57 wrote: View Post
    On a serious note, as somebody who actually appreciates both multi's and tim's contributions on the board.. I gotta say, it's pretty obvious that at some point they're both going to blatantly go after one another.*

Just like, Ronnie is the muscle juicehead with a heart and Sammi is the sweetest bitch you'll ever meet. *You know there's going to be drama.*
    No way man. Me and Tim are good. We both love the raps, and Raps Republic.

Post Thanks / Like

is like saying she is the hottest chick in the bar with facial hair.
    HAHAHAHAH Solid Analogy.

... But perhaps all she needs is a shave ...

Raptors Republic All-Star hateslosing's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Demar's Progression

Did a quick study of Demar's numbers by month as the season went along.

MIN OFF DEF REB AST STL BLK TO PF PTS

Oct
    25.5 1.6 2.2 3.8 1.3 1.1 0.3 1.4 2.5 11.9

Points per minute 0.47, Rebounds per minute 0.15

Nov
    31.33 0.60 2.67 3.27 1.67 0.60 0.13 1.20 2.93 11.93

Points per minute 0.38, Rebounds per minute 0.10

Dec
    33.47 0.80 2.53 3.33 1.67 0.87 0.47 1.47 2.27 15.87

Points per minute 0.47, Rebounds per minute 0.10

Jan
    37.06 0.82 3.06 3.88 1.94 1.29 0.65 2.53 3.12 18.53

Points per minute 0.50, Rebounds per minute 0.10

Feb
    36.36 1.27 3.00 4.27 2.00 0.91 0.45 1.64 3.27 18.91

Points per minute 0.52, Rebounds per minute 0.12

March
    34.07 0.86 3.14 4.00 1.57 1.29 0.14 1.71 2.00 18.71

Points per minute 0.549, Rebounds per minute 0.117

April (small data pool)
    40.67 1.33 5.00 6.33 2.33 1.00 0.33 0.67 1.67 28.67

points per minute 0.70, rebounds per minute 0.155737705

I made a graph but I'm not sure how to post it. Anyway, the results indicate that Demar has increased him per minute scoring every month and has increased his per minute rebounding every month. The exception to these trend is that he had very high numbers in October, but this is likely due to the fact he was playing significantly less minutes. Just wanted to share.
    "When Life gives you lemons, you clone those Lemons to make super lemons!"
    -Scudworth

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Unfortunately his defense is still brutal for someone with his athletic gifts. Has a tough time keeping guys infront of him, not strong enough to keep guys out of the paint, continues to lose his player when they are off the ball, and is very rarely in position to effectively rebound or play help defense.

Raptors Republic Superstar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote black angus wrote: View Post
    Unfortunately his defense is still brutal for someone with his athletic gifts. Has a tough time keeping guys infront of him, not strong enough to keep guys out of the paint, continues to lose his player when they are off the ball, and is very rarely in position to effectively rebound or play help defense.
    I'm not saying DeRozan is a good defender by any means, but the whole argument that he can't keep his man in front of him can be said about every single guard in the entire league. I don't think his defense is brutal. I think it's still below average, and he certainly has some horrible games, but overall, his defense has improved over the season. That's the main thing. As long as I see progression, I'll give him some time.
    Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
    Follow me on Twitter.

Raptors Republic Starter Ambidextrious's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

These stats point to the fact that he is at the threshold of being a Premier 2 guard in this league. He is a classy guy and he plays the game to his strengths, which I find to be key at this stage in his development. He plays within the team offence. He knows when to score and when to make plays. I can see the COM10KID putting up big numbers in a Raptors Jersey. I mean BIG numbers. All time Raptors Leader in points. I see him passing CB for first all time in maybe his 5th season. seriously, why not? Not taking anything away from CB, but he is a different caliber player in terms of scoring major points. If he can work on his three point shot next season and become a legit +35% three point shooter. Then he can become a top notch player in the NBA, right now he is at the threshold.

Raptors Republic Starter Ambidextrious's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote black angus wrote: View Post
    -1. I disagree.
    Personally I think he is doing a fine job defending his position. Premier 2 guards in the NBA are the ones that will score upon will. Some of these guys don't play the best defense in the world either. Like my man Mark Jackson says Good D-Fence better Offence. Their job is to SHOOT hence the term Shooting Guard.We need a beast down low and that will show you COM10 kid's true value.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Ambidextrious wrote: View Post
    -1. I disagree.
    Personally I think he is doing a fine job defending his position. Premier 2 guards in the NBA are the ones that will score upon will. Some of these guys don't play the best defense in the world either. Like my man Mark Jackson says Good D-Fence better Offence. Their job is to SHOOT hence the term Shooting Guard.We need a beast down low and that will show you COM10 kid's true value.
    Still needs to defend man. We get KILLED by opposing teams 2's, ususally dropping 3s on us. Demar gets caught up on screens easily, and can't defend on the perimeter. He needs to focus on this, and also his 3 pt shooting. He will get there one day Im sure if he keeps workin hard.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote hateslosing wrote: View Post
    Did a quick study of Demar's numbers by month as the season went along.

MIN OFF DEF REB AST STL BLK TO PF PTS

Oct
    25.5 1.6 2.2 3.8 1.3 1.1 0.3 1.4 2.5 11.9

Points per minute 0.47, Rebounds per minute 0.15

Nov
    31.33 0.60 2.67 3.27 1.67 0.60 0.13 1.20 2.93 11.93

Points per minute 0.38, Rebounds per minute 0.10

Dec
    33.47 0.80 2.53 3.33 1.67 0.87 0.47 1.47 2.27 15.87

Points per minute 0.47, Rebounds per minute 0.10

Jan
    37.06 0.82 3.06 3.88 1.94 1.29 0.65 2.53 3.12 18.53

Points per minute 0.50, Rebounds per minute 0.10

Feb
    36.36 1.27 3.00 4.27 2.00 0.91 0.45 1.64 3.27 18.91

Points per minute 0.52, Rebounds per minute 0.12

March
    34.07 0.86 3.14 4.00 1.57 1.29 0.14 1.71 2.00 18.71

Points per minute 0.549, Rebounds per minute 0.117

April (small data pool)
    40.67 1.33 5.00 6.33 2.33 1.00 0.33 0.67 1.67 28.67

points per minute 0.70, rebounds per minute 0.155737705

I made a graph but I'm not sure how to post it. Anyway, the results indicate that Demar has increased him per minute scoring every month and has increased his per minute rebounding every month. The exception to these trend is that he had very high numbers in October, but this is likely due to the fact he was playing significantly less minutes. Just wanted to share.
    Excellent contribution. My only disappointment is you didn't list monthly shooting efficiency. Efficiency is something I always look to immediately after the "glamour stats" like PPG.

I don't know how to analyze the scoring without FG%.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Apollo wrote: View Post
    Excellent contribution. My only disappointment is you didn't list monthly shooting efficiency. Efficiency is something I always look to immediately after the "glamour stats" like PPG.

I don't know how to analyze the scoring without FG%.
    I would have added efficiency but I was just doing a quick study from the NBA.com data. I may put something together looking at his True shooting %, PER, and effeciency if I get bored this weekend. I love Stats
    -Scudworth

Raptors Republic Superstar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Multipaul wrote: View Post
    Still needs to defend man. We get KILLED by opposing teams 2's, ususally dropping 3s on us. Demar gets caught up on screens easily, and can't defend on the perimeter. He needs to focus on this, and also his 3 pt shooting. He will get there one day Im sure if he keeps workin hard.
    Yes, he needs to work on defense, but he's not the worst defender on the team (no names mentioned) and, as I have said, the ability to defender the perimeter is far more difficult that defending in the post. The NBA has made the rules to allow for guards to penetrate basically at will. No defender can keep his man out of the paint by himself. That's why NBA teams need great help defense in order to compete.
    Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
    Follow me on Twitter.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Tim W. wrote: View Post
    Yes, he needs to work on defense, but he's not the worst defender on the team (no names mentioned) and, as I have said, the ability to defender the perimeter is far more difficult that defending in the post. The NBA has made the rules to allow for guards to penetrate basically at will. No defender can keep his man out of the paint by himself. That's why NBA teams need great help defense in order to compete.
    I agree with you there. He CAN learn to get by screens more effectively, but for year 2, he isn't that bad.

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer Matt52's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Tim W. wrote: View Post
    One area of his defense I've noticed improvement is chasing his man around screens. He use to get picked off on the first one, now not so much. One on one could use some work but experience and strength should help in that regard.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote hateslosing wrote: View Post
    I would have added efficiency but I was just doing a quick study from the NBA.com data. I may put something together looking at his True shooting %, PER, and effeciency if I get bored this weekend. I love Stats
    Good stuff. I love looking at the numbers too.

Post Thanks / Like

http://www.hoopdata.com/splits.aspx?...eMar%20DeRozan

I had no idea this site existed. Awesome!
    -Scudworth

Raptors Republic Rookie northgrantballer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Would You Give Up DeRozan?

A possible situation to get us out of this disgusting rut is to trade something with value. As much as I love to watch DeRozan grow as a player offensivly, his defence is underratedly poor. People are always blinded by Bargnani's terrible D to realize that DeMars isn't much better. With a huge draft with lots of hype in 2012 coming up, I think it would be best for a franchise that is scraping rock bottom to roll the dice. In my idea, we would send DeMar and possibly Alabi to a team that is week but wants to be on the rise for a package including their first rounder plus some role players.
    Worst Case sceneario: We make a bust with the lottery pick, however we maintain our 1st rounder.
    Thoughts?

Thread Information