View Poll Results: Grade Derozan's Season.

Voters
67. You may not vote on this poll
  • A

1 1.49%
  • B

18 26.87%
  • C

40 59.70%
  • D

8 11.94%
  • F

0 0%
Page 59 of 254 FirstFirst ... 9 49 57 58 59 60 61 69 109 159 ... LastLast
Results 1,161 to 1,180 of 5071

Thread: Everything Demar Derozan

Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    Did you see the second half?
    i watched the end of the 3rd and the fourth. Bayless doesn't seem to like passing the ball and tries to put the team on his back instead of getting the ball to demar. That might be why he had a bad 2nd half

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Regression wrote: View Post
    2) Demar, if you do finally get the ball, take it to the basket instead of settling for long 2s.
    He seems to feel he's earned the right after just one summer of focusing on it. Someone should show him his shooting efficiency...

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Seemed to me that DeMar's second half had more to do with the Heat making adjustments and DeMar not having a counter than simply not feeling like taking it to the basket. What does a good team do against an opponent that can't hit form the outside but has been getting points in the paint? They pack it in. Those driving lanes weren't there in the second half, and in the 3rd quarter the Raps only got 3 shots in the paint. You can make a chicken and egg argument on this one, but I think the Heat just made the adjustment in the 3rd quarter.

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
    i missed the game but 25 is still good. D Wade also scored 25
    If you didn't even watch the game and you are going by the boxscore, I apologize for even replying in the first place. It was a waste of my time.

Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

A much better game from DeMar, no doubt. But that may not be saying much considering how putrid he's been over the past month.
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

Raptors Republic Rookie Regression's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Disappointed in Demar tonight as he failed to follow-up his strong performance in Miami.

He needs to be more aggressive in demanding the ball, especially late in the game.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Steal Eric Gordon offering him max money (raps can afford it considering they want to build through the draft). Dump Demar.

Problem solved.

Raptors Republic All-Star Miekenstien's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote raptors2012 wrote: View Post
    Steal Eric Gordon offering him max money (raps can afford it considering they want to build through the draft). Dump Demar.

Problem solved.
    i would rather keep demar and find a way to get mayo as well. i dont think that gordon is worth max money. with heisley being so cheap and randolf down he might be gotten for cash relief

Post Thanks / Like

Gordon only plays half the season, every season. He's definitely not worthy of a max offer.
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

Post Thanks / Like

Default The gun has been jumped again

“That’s why the special players are special players, because they can do it regardless of double teams or [physical play] or having the other team’s best defender on them,” Raptors coach Dwane Casey said after the game, in which DeRozan scored 25 points. “And that’s where DeMar is going to. He’s getting to that.

“I feel for him. I’m with him thick and thin because every game is ‘DeMar this, DeMar that, DeMar this.’”
    Source: National Post

DeMar's last three games: 20 PPG, 47% from the field, 57% from downtown, 86% from the line, seven FT attempts per game...

Raptors Republic All-Star Miekenstien's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

的 feel for him. I知 with him thick and thin because every game is 船eMar this, DeMar that, DeMar this.樗

as long as demar is only listening to dc everything is cool. and good to see casey have his back in the media. maybe he is just a really great liar but he comes off as a very honest man. love our coach

Post Thanks / Like

You know this season has been a struggle for DeMar but it may also be really good for him. He has no crutch in Andrea Bargnani to rely on. I think we forget how much Bargnani struggled at times when Bosh was sitting on the sidelines dinged up. It takes time to adjust to being the defense's primary target. I hope DeMar plays lights out from here. I haven't doubted him for a second around here. I find it difficult to turn my back on players who put as much effort as he does into bettering their game. Guys like that tend to rise to the top eventually.

Raptors Republic Starter jimmie's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Hope so. He's looking to drive more, which makes all the difference in his game. When he doesn't do it consistently, he doesn't get calls, and when he doesn't get calls, he gets frustrated and loses confidence. As long as he keeps the drive as his go-to move instead of relying on the jumper, I think he'll continue to get better all around.

Still see issues on the D side, though. A guy with Demar's athleticism should not get beat by Carlos Delfino like that. I know it takes more time for some guys to figure out how to chase without going through every single screen than others, so hopefully it's just a matter of time before he develops those spacing instincts.

Definitely showing improvements the last 3-4 games, though.
    Definition of Statistics: The science of producing unreliable facts from reliable figures.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote jimmie wrote: View Post
    Still see issues on the D side, though. A guy with Demar's athleticism should not get beat by Carlos Delfino like that.
    I think the "athleticism" part is an overrated aspect of DeMar's game. Remember the play when Delfino stripped him at half court late in the 4th quarter last night? DeMar sprinted back to commit the foul, but man, he ran slow. It's not that DeMar wasn't trying to chase Delfino, it's just that the guy is a slow-ass runner. Even when he's sprinting, he looks like he's jogging. Very low stride frequency.

Post Thanks / Like

Someone duct tape some gardening gloves on his hands and have him dribble a ball all summer, everywhere he goes.

I can't handle watching that high, lopping retarded shit he does with the ball on the break. I used to love covering kids who dribble like that - so many steals.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Nilanka wrote: View Post
    I think the "athleticism" part is an overrated aspect of DeMar's game. Remember the play when Delfino stripped him at half court late in the 4th quarter last night? DeMar sprinted back to commit the foul, but man, he ran slow. It's not that DeMar wasn't trying to chase Delfino, it's just that the guy is a slow-ass runner. Even when he's sprinting, he looks like he's jogging. Very low stride frequency.
    You don't need to be a track star to have out of this world athleticism. When people say he's athletic they're more referring to his hops.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Apollo wrote: View Post
    You don't need to be a track star to have out of this world athleticism. When people say he's athletic they're more referring to his hops.
    When I think athleticism, I think speed, agility, quick reflexes, and hops. But you're right about DeMar's situation. "Athleticism" is 100% in reference to his hops...which again suggests it's overrated because he rarely uses it to his advantage in game situations.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote ceez wrote: View Post
    Someone duct tape some gardening gloves on his hands and have him dribble a ball all summer, everywhere he goes.

I can't handle watching that high, lopping retarded shit he does with the ball on the break. I used to love covering kids who dribble like that - so many steals.
    his dribbling isn't as bad as you say it is. You just have no other downsides on his game you can attack besides dribbling. I'd like to see you try to guard him he'd probably make you look like a pre school girl.

Post Thanks / Like

的 feel for him. I知 with him thick and thin because every game is 船eMar this, DeMar that, DeMar this.樗
    he's referring to guys like Nilanka and Ceez

Post Thanks / Like

His dribbling is downright awful, try watching a game. And if you think he doesn't need to work on it you should look into getting a lobotomy.

Page 59 of 254 FirstFirst ... 9 49 57 58 59 60 61 69 109 159 ... LastLast

Thread Information